48 AMS feminised on COGR under 1800W hps

Budmeister

Hi fellow growers,

Here's my first grow report on SH forum;

On the 19th of june we started with 60 feminised AMS seeds from GHSC between wet kitchen towels, after 24 hours 46 were germinated and transplanted to small containers and put under 144W of fluorescent light. After 48 hours all the other seeds were germinated. Two days later 55 plants were looking at the sun ;-) ( 5 didn't make it).

This is how they are today, 1 week after they showed their heads:

AMS 1 week

At the moment I have some K2's in my grow room, we will harvest them tomorrow

K2 last day

L1000574

L1000575

We will re-use the cogr slabs for the AMS, the slabs got flushed with water and enzymes(PH:5.8, EC:0.4) for the last two weeks, so that the plants are flushed and redy to be harvested. And after we harvest the plants, the slabs get flushed with 12,5 liters water and a double dose of enzymes. After 24 hours the excess water is drained and the AMS seedlings get transplanted from the little containers to the slabs.

They will get 3 days to adjust to the change of light(first day 1 lamp, second day 2 lamps, third day all three 600W lamps) and after that 2 days more of 18/6 light. Then we will switch the light to 12/12. I know it's a short grow period but on cogr slabs they grow very big and AMS is a big grower!

My growroom has an area of 2.4mx2.4m and an extra area for my watercontainer and other equipment, I will putt some photo's here as soon as we got the seedlings transplanted.

Any comments or questions are always welcome!

Gr Budmeister

• Like 3

Man that is an awesome growroom that you have there, thanks for sharing it with us :D

Those K2 look awesome, how long did they take? seems like youre gonna have a nice amount of weed ^^

And 55 AMS still going, gonna be a full room :D

I'll be staying in a corner during the whole grow to see that ;)

Thanks for sharing and have a good grow

@Dust: thank you! Those K2's got 1 week growtime and 8 weeks flowering time, I cut my own cones because I wanted to see the difference between fem seed and clones. Don't know what I like more, both methods have their up and down sides.

@Tokage: The smell is very intense,the K2 is so powerfull in her smell that even the motherplants in the vegetative state need a filter! I use a 1500m3 suction fan with a dimmer switch and a 1000m3 carbonfilter.

I will post an update this weekend.

Gr Budmeister

Hi guys,

Here's the update from the first week:

The 48 AMS are on the slabs and are looking nice.

The first two lights...

Vak 1 & 2

And the third light....

Vak 3

It's a nice looking seedling :)

A.M.S.

And ofcourse a few plants on the side in case of any problems

De reservebank

We flushed the slabs with water and enzymes and for the first few days they don't get any water to get the roots growing. As soon as the root production is oke, then we start with water and COGR vega nutes.

The photo's are from yesterday, the first day with all the lights on. Temperature is 27C during the day and 20 in the night. Starting tomorrow, I'll switch the lights to 12/12.Estimated harvest time is early september, just before my holiday.

Have a nice weekend guys!

Gr Budmeister

• Like 4

good job friend

I would love to experience a crop with coconut slab.

Can you tell me what are the proper watering times in this kind of cultivation?

I saw the roots grow coconuts in a truly exceptional, and from that moment, I am most looking forward to this type of substrate.

have a happy growth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I apoligize for the long time, but I've been very busy at work. So from now on I will continue with my weekly updates.

Tokage, Dust and Mykol, thank you for your kind words.

Mykol, Canna advises 1-3 watering times a day and always a 15% drain. That's the normal "wet grow", but I give them 6 times a day water and I flush them about every two weeks with enzymes, then they get no water for about five days and after that I give them 10 days water with nutes and at the end of day 10 I flush them again en let them dry out. Just like you see on the grow movies from Arjen and Franco ;-)

After five days of no water the slabs are still wet because of the enormous water reserve the cogr can hold. The first day I give them water after the dry period, there's no drain, usually they start to drain on day 2 or 3(that depends on how big the plants are). So, if you would ask me what is the difference between a grow on regular dirt and one on COGR slabs(remember that cogr is different then cocos), I would say time. The plants grow faster and they bloom faster. I did a test a while back and the dirt grow took 4 weeks longer then the COGR grow. If you have more questions I'm more then happy to answer them!

And here's the update:

All is going well, the photo's below are from day 5 12/12. The roots are already through the entire slab and they get 6 times a day water with canna grow a+b for 1 minute. EC is high: 2.2 but they can handle it, PH:5.8 annd the water temperature is 21 degrees celsius. Temp is around 28 during the day and 21 during the night, the humidity is between 40 and 55%. Slab temperature is between 20 and 25 degrees.

L1000588

L1000591

L1000592

and here are the photo's from yesterday, 12 days 12/12 and on their third day of their first "dry period" Temperature/humidity are the same as last week.

L1000676

L1000677

L1000678

As you all can see they are really starting to grow, my guess is that they will do this till the end of week 4(2 more weeks). But we will have to wait and see. They really grow upwards and not so much sideways, the lower branches are still really smal. I'm hoping that the lower branches will start to grow this week, otherwise I might have to pinch the top of the plant, to force her to grow sideways.

A long update but that's what you get when you are working to hard to place an update ;-)

Greets Budmeister

• Like 2

@Tokage: after harvesting it takes about two hours to clean and another hour to set up the next grow. Flushing takes about an hour(also depends on what kind of waterpump you have).

The girls are looking lovely, about 5 or so that are a bit behind but that's normal with feminised seeds, I will post some photo's later this day.

Update week 3, day 19 12/12

All the plants look very green and everything is going well. PH, EC are all the same as last week, the room temperature was a little higher this week, around 30-31 degrees. But the ladies can handlle it well. The only thing that I noticed is that the plants grow mainly upwards and not sideways. Any comment on that?

Here are the photo's:

L1000679

L1000680

L1000681

And yesterday I placed a net to support the plants:

L1000682

L1000683

L1000684

I also saw the first pistels on the plants, The main grow is probably over but we will see how big they will get this week.

Have to go to work now, so have a nice day!

Gr Budmeister

Nice looking girls man, they have grown quite nicely since last time :)

About the upward growing it might be just a genetic thing, or it could be due to your setup too, maybe the lamps are a little too high, or your growing technique maybe favorises more growth this way too ^^

Thanks for the update man, like you say they all look healthy, keep thme that way and keep us updated ;)

Have a good grow

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Don't know what is wrong but I can't post any pictures in my topic for the last two days. Last week I was sick, so I was a little late with my update but everything is going allright. The plants look beautiful, I had to bend some plants to get them all at the same height.

I also made some photo's, you can look in my gallery, they're photo's from the end of week 4.

Hopefully I can post some photo's later today but at the moment I can only type text....

Have a nice weekend guys!

He Dust, it's a week later but I still can't post pictures, I know I have to be patience but when is it goinig to be fixed?

Anyway the buds are developing and the growing has stopped, as soon as the forum is back to normal, I will post the photo's.

Keep it green and smoking!

Gr Budmeister

you can still post your pics normally man ;)

Go on "more reply otpions" and update them all, they will go at the bottom of your post automatcly :)

We'll be waiting sorry for the delay i'm sure the Team at HQ is doing it's best

And it works! The above pictures are from the end of week 4, end of week 5 I didn't take any pictures(short-term memory.....)

And I have on my camera the photo's of week 6 but first I have to resize them.

And Dust, thanks man! I will smoke less next time ;-)

Gr Budmeister

• Like 1

Tokage, you've got a good point there, I will look at the FAQ next time I run into this problems. And yes, I trim them under the canopy, I started this week with that, everyday I do some plants and I'm half way. Also I take away some fanleaves if it gets to cramped up. I like it when there's enough air in between the leaves.

PS I've got the icons back above my textbox and also the button My Media, so now the forum is back like it was :biggrin:

yeaah was worth waiting man that's a beautiful healthy canopy :D

Glad that you sorted the pics thing ;)

Like tok said, the little trimming would be nice, but i see you already started it ;) Show us once over must look more aerated ^^

Thanks for the news man, have a good grow

• 2 weeks later...

damn wtf with the mold this year everyone seems to be having some issues with it in lots of room, shitty summer i guess ^^

But it's strange on AMS which is supposed to be very mold resistant. Like tok asked what's your humidity level and your air system?

The humidity was around 55% and 31 degrees celsius, the weather was last week very warm and humid. I had it before in the summertimes but much later in the grow when the buds are bigger, I'm trying to give them a week extra but today I found two more mouldy buds....

I have a 1000m3 filter+suction fan(snailshell fan, I don't know what the correct english word for it is)that normally keeps the room cool enough, but when it's 33 degrees outside you just can't get it cool.

If I can give them another week it will be a nice but small harvest but at least the buds will be brown and the crystals are ripe enough, so keep your fingers crossed ;-)

• Like 1