Nice photos from the web!

Mr.X

• 3 weeks later...

The abstract-seeming images here are not the result of some wacky Photoshopping. Jay Mark Johnson’s photos are actually incredibly precise. The reason they look like this is because he uses a slit camera that emphasizes time over space. Whatever remains still is smeared into stripes, while the motion of crashing waves, cars and a Tai Chi master’s hands are registered moment by moment, as they pass his camera by. Like an EKG showing successive heartbeats, the width of an object corresponds not to distance or size, but the rate of movement. Viewing the left side of the picture is not looking leftward in space but backward in time.

tn.jpg

semka-0004.jpg

semka-0006.jpg

• Like 4

The underwater one with the guys swimming are amazing it looks like they are floating weightlessly through a different world , the sand and waves give the picture something very mystical its deep .

nice one mr.x

thanks

peace

• Like 1

Thats one tree I'd like to climb.... :) The tornado one that dust posted on the first page was intense... you can see space!

and the 2nd underwater from mr x, looks like he's flying above the sand and beneath the clouds....ive had a re-occuring dream for as long as I can remember that I can fly and man is it awesome...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I usually use it to burn my spliff on!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I love Magma pics too, i live in italy and we have some active vulcanos here, the one in Sicily called "Etna", wich is active all year and the other one Near Pompei (the biggest one) called Vesuvio.

etna-eruption.jpg

this is the "Etna" always alive