greenomatic87 - GHSC powderfeeding VS General Hydroponics flovanova offical report.

Gfarmer

Hey everybody its that time again ive been having empty closet idous and need to get back to work.

as the title says i am doing,

GHSC Powderfeeding & bud candy

powderfeeding001.jpg

COMPOSITION / COMPOSICIÓN

N-P-K-Mg: 16+6+26+(2)

CONCENTRATION OF ELEMENTS / CONCENTRACIÓN DE ELEMENTOS

• 16% N Total Nitrogen
  • 11% NS Nitrogen Nitrate
  • 5% NA Nitrogen Ammoniacal
  • 6% PO Nitrogen Phosphorus
  • 26% KO Soluble Potassium
  • 2% Mg Soluble Magnesium (=2% Mg)
  • 0.02% B Souluble Boron
  • 0.04% Cu Souluble Copper (as Chelate form EDTA)
  • 0.1% Fe Soluble Iron (as Chelate form EDTA)
  • 0.05% Mn Soluble Manganese (as Chelate from EDTA)
  • 0.01% Mo Soluble Molybdenum
  • 0.01% Zn Soluble Zinc (as Chelate from EDTA)

VS.

General Hydroponics Flora Nova bloom, advanced nutrients bud candy ( i am no longer gonna use the shooting powder on this grow)

IMGP2055.jpg

general hydroponics floranova contains:

4 - 8 - 7

Nitrogen (N)....................................................4.0%

0.25% Ammoniacal Nitrogen

3.75% Nitrate Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P

2O5)............................8.0%

Soluble Potash (K

2O).......................................7.0%

Calcium (Ca).....................................................4.0%

Magnesium (Mg).............................................2.0%

2.0% Water Soluble Magnesium (Mg)

Sulfur (S)..........................................................2.0%

2.0% Combined Sulfur (S)

Boron ( B)........................................................0.01%

Chlorine (Cl)...................................................0.01%

Cobalt (Co)...................................................0.002%

Copper (Cu)...................................................0.01%

0.01% Chelated Copper (Cu)

Iron (Fe)...........................................................0.1%

0.1% Chelated Iron (Fe)

Manganese (Mn)...........................................0.03%

0.03% Chelated Manganese (Mn)

Molybdenum (Mo)......................................0.003%

Zinc (Zn).........................................................0.01%

0.01% Chelated Zinc (Zn)

Derived from:

Ammonium Molybdate, Ammonium Phosphate,

Calcium Nitrate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper EDTA, Iron DTPA, Iron EDTA,

Magnesium Sulfate, Manganese EDTA, Potassium Borate, Potassium

Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, and Zinc EDTA.

ALSO CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENT:

3.0% Citric Acid

Advanced nutrients bud candy ( to be used on both plants) contains :

as written on the new label.

Magnesium (Mg)..........................................0.5%

altho the label says it only contains magnesium they have said that this new label is made the way it is because of laws and that the bud candy still contains the same formula i dont know so im gonna try it out

i found out that it still contains all the old ingredient's the only difference is that they switched to a different type of molasses apparently because of complaint's from people with hydro set ups so here is a list of whats actually in bud candy

N-P-K

0-0-1

Bud Candy Application Rate

2 mL / Liter during weeks 1 to 6 of flower

Additional Application Instructions from a hydro retailer (not on label or AN website)

May be used as a carbohydrate stimulant to feed beneficials during vegetative stage at 1/2 strength.

Bud Candy Ingredients

Soluble Potash (K2O), Potassium Sulfate, 72 trace elements, Organic acids, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polyphenolic Compounds, Esters, Raw Cane Juice, Sweet Brown Molasses

CARBOHYDRATES: Xylose, Maltose, Glucose, Galactose, Aribinose

EXTRACTS: Cranberry Extract, Grape Extract, Malt Extract, Fermented Yeast Extract

VITAMINS: B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, B-7, B-12

AMINO ACIDS: L-Alanine, L-Arganine, L-Asparagine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Cysteine, L-Cystine, L-Glutamic Acid, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Methionine, L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Tryosine, L-Tryptophan, L-Valine

Bud Candy MSRP

$29.90 / 1 Liter

$76.20 / 4 Liter

$169.98 / 10 Liter

...which means that Bud Candy costs $0.52 per fluid ounce. ( these prices are american i payed alittle more for the bud candy at $33.95 a L)

the medium i have choosen is a straight half & half perlite to coco fiber.

IMGP2054.jpg

made a mistake and killed my whiteberry seedlings so im back to square one, i have decided to go back to doing green o matic so i am gonna give it another run

greenomatic13101218884e16dfa086381.jpg

greenomaticb.jpg

Green-o-matic.jpg

just a straight half half perlite to coco and i bought a new ph tester, i am starting this grow within the next few days so update will be added as soon as they pop, i will growing both plants under HPS i have 2 150W HPS sun systems lights and i am basically growing them both under the two lights.

(picture is of the new ph tester in the coco perlite mixture i pre mixed the seeds go in on wensday)

IMGP2061.jpg

• Like 4

yeah it was the only ph tester tho that didn`t take batteries and that went in the soil the other ph testers i could have got where like the pool kind with the color drops and it was 12$ but eventually i would run out of the stuff and have to buy it again this one was 16.99$ and will last me for some time plus you can check the medium or just liquid with it which was another plus side for me.

the only thing im alittle worried about trying is the shooting powder it is very powerful and i have heard of people messing it up so when i use it im gonna go super light the guy at the hydro store told me to just use half of the floranova when using shooting powder so well see i might just go out and get some big bud but i really wanna give the shooting powder a shot cause the guy at the hydro store told me that when he uses it it increases his yeild and calyx size dramatically like 20 - 30% so well see but i have alot of time to deside because i say`s its a finnisher so im only suppose to use it in the last three 3weeks

ok so when i got home i realized i had only a few green o matic seeds left i really love that strain and since this is my first attempt at growing in coco i didnt wanna use them in case i ended up wasting them. so instead i decided on using a strain i had a lot more seed of so i went with white berry from paradise seeds my appology's to anyone excited about seeing a green house strain in this report but white berry is also a very beautiful plant so i figure that should make up for the slip up on my part' the seeds are in the coco right now and i am just waiting for them to pop.

elvis420 : yeah thats a great idea i can't believe i didn't think of that.

ok so green house powder feeding in the 1 kg bag comes up to $49.93 Canadian. VS. the General Hydroponics flora nova bloom 946 ml bottle at $ 33.95 canadian

both of these companies nutrients lines powder feeding & Flora Nova are all in one nutrients meaning they are designed to give the plant everything they need to thrive and truth be told the contents of each are very similar.

but green house say's that powderfeeding is all you need so i wanted to see how it would stand up to a similar product but with a bloom booster or finnishing product and a resin enhancer like bud candy.

so i will be doing the greenhouse seed company powder feeding by it self VS. the GH floranova , bud candy & shooting powder

so its green house powderfeeding $49.93 VS. GHydro floranova $33.95, bud candy 1L bottle $33.95 & home and garden shooting powder per sachet $16.95

all prices are in canadian doller as i am from canada

one thing i thought i would add is that while the Green House powderfeeding is a tad bit more exspensive at $49.93 for a 1 kg bag canadian, 1 kg bag used as instructed for growth / flowering at 1 gram per L will give you 1000 L's.

General Hydroponics on the other hand is a bit cheaper at $33.95 for a quart or 946ml bottle but if used as directed on the bottle for " most plants during later growth" it says to use 2.5ml per L of water leaving you with only 378.4 L's substantially less i would have to buy almost 2 and a half bottles of this stuff just to match the amount of uses i would get out of the greenhouse powder feeding

• Like 1

That is indeed a big plus for the GHs feeding !!!

I don't think it is fair to test the two and use boosters and additives only on one of the main feeding systems.

Why don't you add these boosters to both or even better make it 4 plants - 1 with only Green House Feedings and 1 with only Flora Nova - It is written on both they are sufficient for the whole plant's life cycle. so comparing both would be scientific more valuable than adding nutes on only one..

To see IF all these expensive additives pay off in better and/or bigger buds would be even more interesting.

So pumop up another plant with greenhouse feedings and boostere and the 4th with floranova + boosters - so we can compare how much more the boosters produced !

Good lucj and as usual I take a seat on this topic here.

PEACE + GROW

BAM

im definatly not running 4 plants again with my wattage maybe if i did another soil grow but with the coco i am doing using a pretty much 50/50 mixture so what i am doing is closer to hydroponics basically every day i give the plants 500 ml of feeding. (its actually pretty rediculous i have them in 11 L containers and i ran 1L threw each the other day to adjust the ph and each container lost over 250 ML's of run off its werid like the water just falls right through this mixture) so ill be feeding everyday because with all the extra perlite the medium holds alot of oxygen and is very airy so i dont wanna do 4 plants and end up with 4 massive plants that are too big for my set up.

that being said this is gonna be the first of many test i will be running with the powder feeding , hopefully by my next test i will be in a new location that can handle more wattage, but i plan on doing different test's with the powderfeeding for every grow until i run out of the stuff so i will be doing a more straight up test but for right now i really wanna compare just the powder feeding vs floranova with a booster now im not apposed to doing both with bud candy and just trying the shooting powder out on the flora nova the reason is i have heard franco say that with the powderfeeding it is all you need so i wanna see how it fair in comparison to a similar nutirent but with a booster so i bought a nutirent that was as close to the powderfeeding as possible and i asked the guy at the hydro store what's the best booster to use with the floranova and they said they get good feed back from customers that use floranova with the home and garden shooting powder.

so if you guys want i can use bud candy on both but my main purpose behind this grow is to test how it stands up to another similar nutirent but with the booster to prove that powderfeeding is really all you need and can stand up to an exspensive combination of nutrients. in the future i will do a more standard comparison but this is just the first of many test's i plan on running with the powder feeding

o bam i forgot to mention i have good reason for not using shooting powder in conjuction with powder feeding and also reason for using it with flora nova. shooting powder contains a mixture of npk that is 0-39-25 while powderfeeding has an npk 16-8-26 using the two together would be way to much soluble potash even if i went at half strength with the powderfeeding but flora nova contains a combination of npk that is 4-8-7 so when used at half strengh with the shooting powder it wont over do it i am hoping, or at least thats my understanding i might not be right but im just trying to figure this nutirent thing all my previous grows i barely used nutrients let alone boosters but after reading up on the contents of bud candy i am definatly gonna try it on both because it has alot of vitamins and good things and seems to be safe to use in conjuction with powderfeeding.

Ya..you knew you couldn't go much longer without growing something, and this is definitely gonna be somethin!! I'm very interested in seeing what all of these high quality nutes do with what looks like a pretty cool strain..best of luck with the new babies bro :)

ok well they have both pop'd one is up and looking good the other i must have stuck the seed in the wrong way because the tap root came out the coco and the top was going deep down so i carefully dug it out and turned it right side up and re buried it then added some water so im just waiting to see if i killed it or not i doubt it tho because the seed was still attached and i have seen people take pictures of seeds at that stage of germination so i doubt the few seconds of oxygen is gonna hurt it ive just never had that happen before so i kinda winged it when figuring out what to do.

this medium is very interesting it doesent compact at all when you pour water on it the water just sinks into it yesterday i filled a 1L jug of water placed it in two 500 ml glass's in one i added a small amount of powder feeding as suggested for seedlings and the other a small amount of floranova and i poured it into the containers both containers mind you are 11L containers, had run off water from just 500 ml's of water. its almost like its impossible to over water this medium once it retains a certain amount of water the rest just passes through

ok so its been about 24 hours since the first seed pop'd

i have decided that bam is right and it would be more scientific to give its plant a fair nutrient level so i am gonna shelve the shooting powder for this grow for one i dont have enough for two plants and 2nd the powderfeeding already has alot of soluble potash and i think the two combined would be over kill. the bud candy however appears to be save to use on both plants so this grow is gonna be a green house powderfeeding & bud candy VS. general hydroponics FloraNova & bud candy comparison.

unfortunately the floranova white berry got off to a bit of a bad start, the seed was a little werid shaped and when it came out the medium the tap root came out so i gentally dug it out and fliped it around then it pop'd out the soil but the seed was hanging on by a thread and it fell of eventually but left it a little disfigured looking i have had seeds do this before the and they turned out fine so im not to worried im just happy to keep my 100% germination rating going strong.

So to stat this comparison off we have in one corner:

White berry baby receiving Green House powderfeeding.

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

and in the other corner ....

the second white berry receiving general hydroponics flora nova.

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

• Like 2

Nice - 2 plants is great esp. with your grow space 4 would be overkill anyway - So we'll see what works better or if it is a hung jury (which i suppose - besides from phenos or genetiv deficiencies). Sonn I start a new journal, too.

The Bubblegum + C'99 Hybrids (one part 75" C'99 crossed with Maroc and the other 50 % C'99 crossed with a shortflowering version of Neville's Haze) and 1 GWS plus NL AUTOS + AB's.. with the right set-up and light survival rates are better than the former attempts of starting them with daylight at the Window sink..

Cut down the JH and got 150 gram of quality trim for bubblehash..waiting for some tips on how to proceed best. With the Jack you cannot trim the small popcorn buds, so more than half of the weight is little buds. I let it dry in a brown paper bag and will see. A fine strain with interesting buds ..... yield was less than expected, but around half a pound wet manicured buds is not that bad either..plus the trim...

• Like 1

bad news!!!!!!!!!! i accidentally forgot to turn my fan on when i turned the lights on and because it was so hot outside today the temp spiked to over 40 degrees and killed the two seedlings when i got home i opened my closet and they were all shriveled up it was a sad sight,

so know that i have wasted almost a week ive decided that im just gonna go for the autoflowering strain to save time on vegging and what not so ive planted 2 green o matics now and im waiting for them to pop. im pretty pissed i killed those plants tho white berry looks like an amazing strain and i will be doing it in the future for sure god damn what a day.

Accidents happen. Always double check lights + fan, I do that, since I had a loose line with the lights and noticing they were left in the dark sucks; but this is murder..

I feel ya pain. The first stage is the most critical and least rewarding. I am so glad that all but one Auto Bomb look as if they are past the delicate stage with 3 sets of early leaves growing as internodes. This took 2 weeks of steady care taking them from the Secret Jardin to the window sink and back - later in and out of the flowering booth and so on. Young plants and lights all around my bed.. Felt like sitting babies.

With 2 pots you can't complain..

MASSEL

Green-O-Matic sounds good to me - Better to have a strain many people are familiar with than such an exotic strain..IMO

• Like 1

well normally when my lights are on it doesent get hot enough in my room to harm even seedling even without the fan but we have been having a crazy heat wave in toronto like super crazy every day there has been heat warnings and because of that my temperature spiked beyond control i mean outside its like 34 degrees but feels more like in the mid 40's i was only away from my room for a couple hours. i was and am still really pissed off about it but not to much because i really love green o matic and getting to play around with it with proper nutrients this time should be alot of fun for me considering i got such good results with it last time i grew it with barely any nutrients and miracle grow soil.

• Like 2

Awwww shit dude..I feel for ya..sorry to hear that!! A couple times now I've forgotten to turn on the oscillating fan after taking pictures, luckily no damage done yet...it's so easy to be in a hurry and overlook something dude..it sucks but don't beat yourself up over it. Like Bam said, at least they were only seedlings and you didn't raise em for a month or more. The good news is no matter what you grow bro...you have the knowledge and skill to grow it well :)

• Like 1

alright so its time to start this test off again today is the end of day 1 for the green o matics. this time around i am gonna go light on them at the beginning and have them siting under cfls im gonna keep them there until they get alittle bigger then put them under the hps.

so to start out the GHSC Green O Matic reciving powerfeeding:

greenomaticbabys2012001.jpg

greenomaticbabys2012002.jpg

and GHSC Green O Matic receiving GH FloraNova:

greenomaticbabys2012003.jpg

greenomaticbabys2012005.jpg

i have them on a 20 hr on 4 hrs off schedule for now.... im not sure if im gonna continue on the 20 hrs or switch to 18/ 6 once the preflowers show ill have to wait and see how it responds to this coco medium i picked up a bunch of citric acid to use as ph down i know phosphorus acid is better but i can get citric acid for really cheap and i can't see vitiman C being to harmful to the plants its also really potent stuff only a few grains and it drops a hole degree if anyone has any experiences with coco or can way in on citric acid effectiveness or where i can purchase some thing that will work it would be appreciated

• Like 1

Damnsad to hear about the accident man :(

But i see you rebounced really fast and those baby are already looking good :D

Careful with the powder on the seedling when you don't use the "mother" type, dose it reaaaaally lightly first 2 weeks. You do it by weight gr/L or with your EC meter if you have one?

unfortunatly thats one thing i dont have, i really want one but at the hydro shop its so exspensive and the ones they have are only ppm not ec i know its pretty stupid to start a grow in coco without one something that i let slip my mind in the perperation if any one knows anywhere in canada i can get a cheap one that works. i figured tho in the mean time i would just go super light with everything and see how the plants react then adjust so for the seedlings i am going super light with both the flroanova and the powderfeeding i have to admit the powderfeeding is a hell of a lot easyer to work with.

the main problem i have with the floranova is its consistancy its like thicker then choclate syrup so its really hard to mix and it seperates so you have to shake it up a hole lot its also really stinky and messy it sticks to the measuring cup and its so condensed that it says on the label to onle use .625ml per L of water the only good thing about it is that its really water soluble one it hits water it mix's up really well. but also the powder feeding is as well extremely water soluble once you stir the water a little it disappears.

but both seem to work pretty good for seedlings when used correctly in coco i probably wouldent use it in a rich soil medium but once the seeds popped when using water that has been left out for over 24 hrs at room tempurate, and came out the soil i decided it would be smart to add alittle nutrients to the water it says on the powderfeeding bag to use 2.5 grams of powderfeeding per 10 L's of water so thats a quater gram per L or 0.25g's per L i didnt feel right starting at that level so i weight out 0.025 but mixed it with a L and a half of water.

the flora nova it says use .625ml / L of water with it i did pretty much the same thing i had to vigorously shake the bottle for like 20 min's this will become easyer once the bottle empty's alittle bit but it doesent mix well when its full because of how thick its and i sucked it out the bottle using a 2 ml syring with out the needle tip and mixed probably closer to .6ml per L of water. and i am gonna kinda adjust as necessary until i get a hang of using coco .

it is a way different medium them soil i thought going into this that it would be easy but to make the transition i think ill do fine it just seems as if using coco is a lot more hands on then soil , which is great for me cause it gives me something to do i wish i could just grow weed all day long its alot of work to grow weed but when you love doing it it isent like work at all its crazy but even just doing a few plants when i leave them for a few hours all i can think about is getting back to them its kinda why i prefer to grow autos because with autos on a 20 hr on schedule you can spend more time with the plants where if you have to have a 12 hour dark schedule its best to leave them be especially if you are working in a small space.

• Like 1

erf too bad man, i think tokage said on ebay they were cheap andworking nice, maybe you should ask him ;) I know how expansive they can be in hydro shop :(

But i'm sure you'll take care of them even without it like you always do ;)

Have a good grow