Royal Queen - Creamatic - DIY Bubble Pots

toaor

Hey Guys & Girls,

Time for another of my journals and I've changed my set up once again, got bored with results from soil and Air Pots, so have made my own bubble pots from old empty Ice Cream containers and some aquarium airline and air stones.

I put the seeds in for a day and half soak in plain tap water and put them into Root Riot germination cubes yesterday so am expecting them to break the surface tomorrow and they will go straight into Net Pots with Clay Pebbles.

I'll be using Canna Aqua, probably just use the Flora as they are autos I have read that they don't like vegging nutes.

Here's two pics of the seeds in soak, you can see they've already split their shells, I'll post more pics once I have seeds sprouted and in their homes.

That's it for now people.

Toaor

post-6710-0-05272100-1342543176.jpgpost-6710-0-63417000-1342543180.jpg

Sweet another Journal, man you keep making new journal and that's good for us :D

I hope this new setup will satisfy you more than the previous :(

Good luck man and get those seed big and strong ;)

Thanks Dust, I just put them in tent in Ice Cream tubs, had a bit of trouble getting bubbles in all five tubs and had to go buy new stronger pump, my old one pushed 60 litres of air per hour so bought one that now does 175 liters per hour.

One seed is up and shedding it's casing, two other broken surface, just one to rise now, the light is on and I just have to hope, I'll know by tomorrow whether it's going to work how I thought.

I changed my mind on Nutes too, now using GHSC Indica powders with some Canna Rhizotonic pH currently at 7.4 but I will lower that over time, Its because my natural tap water is around 7.6-7.8 and that's what they got soaked in so didn't want to shock them straight away with nutes and big change in pH.

EC is 1.4

Fingers crossed.

Toaor

Hey Gobru, yes it is high but I've been using Kilomix with seedlings and that has an EC around 3.2 according to Atami and all my seedlings have survived, such an amazing plant.

I'll know in a little while whether they've survived the night, I forgot to put the air pump on 24hrs so it went off when lights went off !

Toaor

Day 5:

Hello Guys & Girls, hope you all had a great weekend.

I went out to my local pet store and purchased a more powerful air pump as the 5th pot wasn't really bubbling at all so plants wouldn't survive very long when they got bigger.

However, the bigger pump made way too much noise so it's going back to the shop and I've now changed to 20 cms standard pots filled with a home made mixture of gravel, perlite and peat free compost.

They were put in tent yesterday (Day 4) and they look fine this morning on my webcam, not actually been in tent to look at them but will later and take some pics.

I also put 3 NL Autos from Royal Queen in an overnight soak of water and Canna Rhizotonic so will pop them into Root Riot germination cubes this evening so will have 8 plants in tent and gap in middle, could put 9 in but need to give them a bit of growth room, lol.

That's it for now.

Toaor

• Like 1

nice setup mate, never tried a bubbler but always been curious. As for the high ec. during seedling stage I've never been brave enough to start with any nutes except rhizotionic for the first week and a half, then I apply my nutes at half strength and build em up slowly. But if it works for you though thats all good mate. I will follow this thread regularly to watch your babys grow. well done bro. Peace

Day 7:

Hi Guys & Girls,

Time for yet another of my updates and changes to my set up.

I decided to switch from the 120Watt LED panel to 125Watt CFL Blue, as my temperatures were getting up to 32c and humidity was down at 37% !!!

As you can see in the pics I've also cut some round reflectors from the left over reflective sheeting I had hanging around from when I first set up and lined my cupboard with it.

This is what has raised the temps I think, as it reflects the heat upward along with the light but it stops top layer of soil drying out too quick and will help plants develop better.

All is going well as yo can see they look quite healthy, a bit stretchy hence the support bamboo canes, I'm giving them a regular spraying of Canna Rhizotonic water 3-5 times per day, 4ml to 1liter.

Thats it for now peeps.

Toaor

post-6710-0-84418200-1343224333.jpgpost-6710-0-81657200-1343224336.jpg

• Like 2

girls are making their net :)

Will you put the LED back later on the grow?

And i might be mistaking, but i think i had read once something about not putting reflective things under the plants like white sheet, or mylar like you, check on the web to confirm that it was some years ago so might not be accurate ^^

Anyway keep the girls growing and the pics coming man you know we love it ;)

Have a good grow

Hey Dust, hope all is well with you.

Yes I will put LED back as soon as I see first pistils showing till then I'll stick with blue cfl.

Never heard about reflective sheeting not good and so far they seem fine.

Toaor

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dust, yes pistils started so I gave feed Friday of GHSC Indica powder and Atami Bloombastic and thoroughly soaked them, they look fine on the webcam but haven't been in tent since so don't know really, will find out tomorrow probably.

Might even stick the second panel in there as well then that would be the equivalent to 2 x 400hps set up in 60cms x 60cms, lots of light and different colour spectrums.

All the best

Toaor

Day 28:

Hi Guys & Girls, I see we have yet another payout for this site.

Anyway here's todays pics, all but two are showing pistils bursting out and are starting to stretch a little, started adding some Bloombastic to the feed only 1/2ml per liter then will up it to 1ml per liter, they haven't reacted badly to the last feed, which was at EC 1.8 so will go for it again at that level.

In theory these have another 5 weeks to finish, which sounds about right three weeks to show first few pistils and five to finish, all up nine weeks from seed to flower, we'll see as my LED panels seem to add a week or two.

Here's the usual psychedelic pics, enjoy.

Toaor

post-6710-0-12999900-1345053894.jpg

post-6710-0-80880200-1345053897.jpg

post-6710-0-42752000-1345053902.jpg

post-6710-0-49883000-1345053906.jpg

post-6710-0-77647000-1345053910.jpg

post-6710-0-46417200-1345053940.jpg

post-6710-0-51030700-1345053945.jpg

post-6710-0-75262800-1345053949.jpg

Hey Tokage, yes still have the five Ice Dreams out guerilla growing but because they were so tiny last time I went out I decided not to bother keeping track of them (Shit soil me thnks) so am just going to leave till the Ice Dream in greenhouse is ready then I will go get whatever there is, not worth taking risk going to see them for the yield that is likely to come off them.

Like I've said before my guerilla spot is within 100metres of house that I have to walk past to get there.

Toaor

Hey Dust, I just did a fresh CO2 mix and put the other panel in so now both panels about 6" from plant tops the equivalent of 800W HID/HPS in my tiny tent they certainly won't want for light, lol.

Have a great weekend

Toaor