Cannabutter in 8hrs till 4:20

Jman

Hey all!

Just had a big cook up on the weekend and thought i'd share the process :D

post-10118-0-13772400-1342607506.jpg

My very fist attempt was about half this amount with 160grams of leaf and 250grams of butter 5ltrs of water and the end result

making me about 160grams of cannabutter and super potent, way beyond how I thought it would turn out as it come from a plant that was about 5 to 6 into flowering (branches snapped in a big storm) + I had never cooked this recipe before. So with the 160grams I put like 90grams into a chock chip cookie mix from the supermarket which made about 16 cookies.

I ate 2 at once not expecting much..haha, didn't I learn the hard way :swoon: digested at about 7:30pm didn't kick in till about 10 when i noticed my eyes felt really stoned and from there on out it was a pretty wild and somewhat regretful ride at the time..still laughing thinking about it now though :lol: .

These days just half from one of them gives me a nice high/stoned feeling for atleast 4hrs..so anyway back to the task at hand.

Here's the prep,

post-10118-0-34934300-1342607408.jpg

Wake up at about 6:30am have the boil going by 7:30am and you should finish the simmer by 4:20pm ;)

What you want is a small gas or electric cooker I used a gas camper cooker its like $15

and the refills are like $4 for a six pack and I'd use about 3 to 4 cans in the cook up.

A big pot - something to hold atleast 5ltrs +..this one held about 10ltrs..I think :blink: and fill it up 3/4.

500grams butter block..the real stuff not spread. And thats to go with the 300grams of trim and bud I had.

I was working with about 285grams of trim and 15grams of bud not the prime stuff either, considering my first cook was just leaf I figured the bud may just bring a nicer flavour to the table.

Also a couple of stockings, rubber/latex gloves and a colander for the straining at the end of the process. (sorry no pics of that stage of the cook)

So the 3/4 full of water to bring to the boil

post-10118-0-14307300-1342607435.jpg

Than add the trim

post-10118-0-35718900-1342607462.jpg

Once all in add the butter

post-10118-0-96857100-1342607477.jpg

Than crank the heat down to a nice simmer and let cook for atleast 8hrs checking every half hour or so to make sure the the water isn't to low and to give it abit of a stir.

Once the simmer is done scoop leaf matter into the colander over a separate container to drain freely than set aside to cool a little, then stretch the stocking over your container that the leaf was draining into and pour the rest of whats left in the pot through the stocking..be careful as it is hot and it can be messy if your not careful..so now the pots contents have been transferred the leaf is ready to strain through the stocking..grab a handful at a time and put it in the stocking and squeeze till most of the moisture and butter is out of the leaf..once all thats done I give the pot a quick rinse than pour the strained goods through a fresh stocking back into the pot to filter out the last of the bits, make sure to give the stocking a good squeeze to get as much of the cannabutter as you can.

Now all thats done place in the fridge overnight and your butter should form on the top of the container, cut around the edge and remove the cannabutter slab pour the waste water out, store your cannabutter in an airtight container and move to the freezer to use when you please.

300grams of cannabutter from 300grams of trim and 500grams of butter :good:

post-10118-0-77520000-1342607495.jpg

Hope you's like the info.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Hahaha cheers! Nah not properly yet, but when I moved the contents from the container back to the pot my brother and I soaked up what was left at the bottom on a slice of bread and halved it, tasted much nicer than the first batch and definatly kicked in about an hour later :dancer: . But i'm giving it to my bro to cook up in some gourmet cookies at his bakery tomorrow, so there will definatly be an adventure this weekend :D

• Like 1

sweet man, thanks for making a detailed process like that :D

I might try to make some with half of my trimming :)

Have a good baking man keep us updated on the effect once cooked :D

Yeah you should Dust..it works and tastes a treat :D Happy ya liked my process too, simple and effective.

So the bake and getting baked went well ;) made this cookie mix with 150grams of cannabutter and extra 80 grams of the regular kind still wasn't to sure on quantity to effect, next time ill just make smaller portions to control the quantity and effect ratio, ya wanna feel good not wasted..

Eating a whole one definatly took me to another place it was a big head high stoned feeling and I reckon would be alot of fun to share with friends for a big session or for a nice day chew, one for breakfast and ya on ya way, I can still feel it now after sleeping and its been about 14hrs since I ate it!

It also doesn't help that there so damn delicious either, cause ya just wanna keep eating them haha bit of a catch 22 ya might say .

So here's the flavour, just a shame I cant share it with you guys.

post-10118-0-76971000-1342837472.jpg

Happy highs people,

Have a good day :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

If anyone is intereseted to know, I use a crock pot and follow the same steps. Set the crock pot on low and leave it for the entire day. Dont need to check up on it too often, its kinda like making stew haha.

Also not sure if this will help but , i always thought it was best to bust up all the trim before adding it to the pot.... maybe it doesnt do much but i have always thought the budder was more powerful if this is done.

• Like 1