wheelchair acceptable

coney

Hi all thought i'd kill 2 birds with one stone.

So i'm new the boards obviously so hello to everyone & hope everybody's well & growing well!

Ok a tad about my situation

I broke my neck which left me paralyzed from the neck down, i've been wanting to visit amsterdam for some time as i've got family over there but where they live is inaccessibility so what i've been looking for is accommodation that is wheelchair friendly but not having much luck!

Any help much appreciated.

First welcome on the forum :)

Sorry to hear about your accident, and about the hardness of finding an accomodated place, i've never been to the Dam itself, so can't tell you, but i know many stoners around here are used to it and will maybe be able to help you :)

Best of luck in your quest man see you in dam maybe one day ;)

I'm not after the symphony vote lol shit happens & there's people a lot lot worse off than me!

Dust i'm sure somebody round he will know cheers buddy & one day you never small world isn't it!

Tokage thats the only conclusion i can come to other than that finding somewhere a bit further away than the center of dam.

• Like 1

Hi Coney,

At the green house we can help you getting in and out with a wheel chair. Even during cannabis cup we have several people visiting us with their wheel chair.

Please ask someone at the door call a staff member to help you over the small ledge and step. For the accommodation go to http://www.booking.com you can search for wheel chair friendly rooms and hotels.

Not sure if this works, but these are all wheel chair friendly hotels: http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?sid=a34780a1b399d2a787d17206cea50313;dcid=1;city=-2140479;class_interval=1;inac=0;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;review_score_group=empty;score_min=0;ss_all=0;ssb=empty;radius=0;;nflt=hotelfacility%3D25%3Bclass%3D4%3Bclass%3D3%3Bclass%3D5%3Bdistrict%3D145%3B;track_ajax_filters=1

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

hi I suggest:

SGOA- Stichting Gehandicapten Overleg Amsterdam (Amsterdam Forum for the Disabled).

Phone: + 31(0)20 5777955

E-mail: sgoa@xs4all.nl

they might be able to help

let me know if you get any help from them

thanks

good luck

bedge

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I know that at the airport they can help you, they have special services... click here They will help you around the airport with stairs and shit. Free I believe

Then the railroads in Holland have special arrangements click here... You just let them know how late you arrive where and they'll be waiting for you with a ramp, so you can get in or off. and down the stairs. Also free

Then you could also take a taxi... Here You call, they come to pick you up wherever you are and drive yo whereever you need, for 18 cents a kilometer.

THEN when you need to crash somewhere... HERE you see one of the many wheelchair accesible Hotels... Usually you can just call a hotel, they will speak English, and most often they have a way to help you. HERE For wheelchair accesible hotels worldwide.

So now you have transportation and a sleeping place...

Now HERE You go for wheelchair restaurants,

HEREYou find stuff to do, that is wheelchair accesible.

And if you ever run into some kind of trouble you can call this number: 0031 020 886 00 00 and they send somebody to come and help... With household troubles to medical problems. The company is called Cordaan (here) and they help tourists. (believe the site is down for the time being)

And if you run into some super troubles, you can always call the police, who are very helpfull. If you call and tell them you really need help, they will always show. So thats a nice thing to have in the backpocket. 0900-8844 <- phone number.

I believe a while back, Amsterdam had a 'accesibilty-craze'.. so they made a lot of things well accesible. If you know wich numbers to call, help is just around every corner.

Just GO! Come here and kick back :P

• Like 2

admid thanks a lot buddy i'll try both the links see what i can find out.

bedge i'll give em a bell see what i can find out! just hope they speak english.

roeland That sounds brilliant! when i went to france last year it was an absolute nightmare, one of the french geezers let me me go i ended up falling sids ways & crack my head on the toilet door on the plane lol.

the railroads sound great, hell of a lot easier than transfering in & out of the car! the accommodation sounds great just what i need.

Roeland all the other things have put me at ease straight away, i am on a shit load of medication plus at least 3 month of every year ive ended up in hospital with varios things so yeah thanks alot buddy! looking forward to tryin some nice hash!

Thanks for all the info off everybody!

admid thanks a lot buddy i'll try both the links see what i can find out.

bedge i'll give em a bell see what i can find out! just hope they speak english.

roeland That sounds brilliant! when i went to france last year it was an absolute nightmare, one of the french geezers let me me go i ended up falling sids ways & crack my head on the toilet door on the plane lol.

the railroads sound great, hell of a lot easier than transfering in & out of the car! the accommodation sounds great just what i need.

Roeland all the other things have put me at ease straight away, i am on a shit load of medication plus at least 3 month of every year ive ended up in hospital with varios things so yeah thanks alot buddy! looking forward to tryin some nice hash!

Thanks for all the info off everybody!

Good to know I put your mind at ease, mate.

See you in Amsterdam.