Bin offered a Aero/Hydro system! 'GHE Panda' Any thoughts?

Potent

Hey Hunters, those of you who chat to me and follow my diaries know that i have bin considering Hydro for a while and as fate has it I have recently bin offered the GHE Panda system for free (lucky me) The System itself looks simple enough but has anyone here used it?

It's the Aero version but after looking at the spec sheet for each model i think i can just remove the top trays & pots and just fill with clay balls instead or the net cups. Do you peeps think the same?

This is what's on offer!

aero.jpg

http://www.eurohydro.com/publications/publications/INSTRUCTIONS/panda-aero.pdf

and this is what i'm hoping to turn it into!

hydro.jpg

http://www.eurohydro.com/publications/publications/INSTRUCTIONS/panda-hydro.pdf

Any thoughts on the system?

Am i right in thinking i can convert?

Any suggestions for a dude venturing into hydro? are clay pebbles good etc...

Thanks in Advance

Peace

nice system man, and for FREE NADA GRATIS (damn monster garage ROFL)

But just like tok i don't really know about that, but in theory i say it sounds good, maybe just check with the Water pump values if they are the same on both hydro and aero ;)

Good luck man, we should see some beautiful buds soon :D

:D Thanks dudes.

I have bin doing a lot of reading and research about Hyrdro and the Panda system and yeah i'm up for experimenting so i'm gonna get it in. hopefully have it setup and running by the end of August!

Regarding the pumps, what's the difference between Aero and Hydro pumps? Is it the intervals on which they circulate the water or? sorry if that's is a basic question... Im going back to being a noob!

Just when i get my head round basic soil growing i get offered a hydro system so yeah time to step my game up :D

i will be adding it to my Large 120cm x 240cm tent, 1 half hydro the other Soil!

Let the Good times roll!

Time to roll up out of the Exodus and carry on with the reading

post-8772-0-31028500-1343820485.jpg

Peace

hey Potent. I am a interstested hydro noob too.

The water pumps should let the water flow 24/7. The air pumps will feed the oxygen stones located normally in the buckets.

I dont know this ATAMI style system very well, but self buildet it looks very simple.

maybe watch this.

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/4689-found-this-one-ghe-aeroflo-experiences/page__fromsearch__1

the video in the thread makes it very simple i guess...

have fun with hydro...

Cheers dudes :)

@Mopman - Thanks dude, yes i'm very happy with it! We're all noobs hehe

@Atrox - Thanks for the link dude, i must have missed that thread so im happy that you shared the link i shall check out the video's shortly :) I have bin given a few other bits like drippers and a few extra pumps etc so i'm thinking of making a few slight modifications to it. I'l keep this thread updated on any changes i make it to it. Overall i think i'm gonna be very happy with it and looking forward to experimenting!

Thank you all for the input :D

Peace