I cannot wait!!!

Heirloom

I placed an order last week for some Green House seeds. I am really excited! Here is what I ordered:

1 X 'Rasta' Mix colored, 1 X Indica E colored and a couple extras. Here is the seed count:

2x AMS

3x Big Bang

2x The Church

3x Super Lemon Haze

3x Jack Herer

2x El Nino

2x White Widow

2x Himalayan Gold

2x Cheese

That will keep my busy for a while!

~Heirloom

Thanks guys. I probably won't do a grow journal or anything here. I belong to another forum (with our favorite number in the name) and I do my journals over there. But I am excited to have some Green House Co. seeds. I would post pics here, but the GUI here is sort of odd to me, it doesn't flow right IMHO. Plus I have to go resize all my pics prior to uploading. It would be much nicer if the upload module would resize pictures auto-majic-lly upon upload.

• 1 month later...

A little pics once sometime and we will be happy, you don't have to give us a fuullllll report ;)

And you can name the forum on here don't worry you won't be blame ;)

Good luck man they should have grown by now :D

LOL. Thanks for the OK to name another site. I have so much going on I have not even germ'd one seed yet. Check out 'Heirlooms Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow' at 420Magazine. I have lots to look at. Not only do I have HPH, I also have Grapefruit and Blue Dream growing right now. I WILL post pics here for all, just probably not a full journal.

EDIT: I am currently growing in RDWC, Coco and Pro-Mix. Coco and Pro-mix plants are in Smart Pots or my own 'Smart(er) Pot' made of fabric from recycled PET bottles.

Cool good to hear :)

I'll check your grow for sure thanks for the name ;)

And we'll be waiting for the few pics with pleasure :rabbi:

Have a good grow man, and germinate those seeds quickly :P

I will be germing 5 strains this weekend, getting ready for next years grows. Pics as early as next week when they pop.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wanted nothing more than to come here and give you guys pictures of happy little plants.

Instead I am forced to come here and tell you guys what a load of crap Green house seeds are. Look at the above list (first post). Out of all of those seeds (21 total) only 4 germinated successfully. That's right 4. 1 Super Lemon Haze is alive, not doing well. 3 Jack Herer seeds cracked. We'll see if any actually grow. Every single colorized seed failed to crack. And after the color coating came off I could see that the seeds chosen for the color batches were poorly developed. All either had poorly developed or retarded shells, or they were pale and under developed. I am so pissed i could punch Franco in the face and strangle Arjan.

Before anyone tries to pick apart my germ technique, this is not my first attempt at starting from seed, to say the least. Soak for 12-24, moist papertowels until they crack. Then into coco. I have a heat mat set at 78* F for seeds and clones. Cannabis is super easy to germ. Never had any issues. Try germinating Prosopis chilensis (Chilean Mesquite) or giant Afgan poppies sometime with high success rates. 10000 times harder than cannabis. I have a full blown farm here people. I've sowed thousands and thousands of seeds.

So with this order of crap seeds i was given 6 Royal Queen seeds. 1 fruit spirit, 2 critical and 3 power flower. 5 out of 6 popped right away. Same method exactly, in fact side by side with the Green House seeds.

So before I write off Green House and Strain Hunters, bitterly are there any tricks to their seeds? Do they NEED scarification?

I so wanted to believe their strains are the best. Now I just want to trash them on all the forums. What gives?

very sorry to hear man, such a low rate of germination is pretty strange.

where did you order your seeds? i see you got royal queen seeds fro freebies so surely not on GH website?

In that case you can in no case blame gh for that i've been growing there seeds received Directly from GH and have a 100% germination rate in 4 years..

I have said many times and will say many times that it is always risky to order on other site than seedbank concerned, because a lots of those site just stock the seeds in very very bad condition, they even sometimes have stock that have been taken away from stocks many years ago, and i believe it is probably what hapenned to your seeds. Because SO MANY seeds not cracking at the same time is just not possible, could you imagine GH beeing the biggest saler of seeds if they were not cracking? especially when they guarantee a 100% germination rate on their Own website?

I understand your angriness, but let's try to identify the real guilty before punching anyone in the face hehe ;)

I hope a solution will be found rapidly man, definitly send a mail to the site where your ordered your seeds.

• Like 1

Dealing directly with GHS is not possible. I bought from Herbies. They do good volume, but i guess not in the mix packs. I'm screwed no matter what because I'm in the US. Lesson learned. I'll move on. At least i have some interesting RQ strains to add to my 'live strain' list.

Oh, add 4 out of 5 Seedsman (regular not fem) Sleestack x Skunk that opened over night. Also freebies on the same order.

I'm so bummed. Hopefully the one super lemon haze makes it, and is female. Out of all the strains SLH is the one i wanted most.

right you're in us :(

I know Attitude is a very good dealer for the Us customer, and i believe they have some "relations" if we could say with GH so i think in all those big distributor it would be the one i'd go for, stocking the seeds must be done a little more properly than others, and with the amount of seeds they sell stock should turn often.

But really sorry about that bad story, hope you'll still get the opportunity to give a chance to GH and see how nice they are ;)

Good luck man and write to Herbie for sure they should do something about that if they are good salers!

Sorry to hear mate. I ahd some bad luck with my seeds from gh, but they didnt come directly form gh. I also live in the Sates so friend over water ordered gh from his normal supplier. Seeds looked pale and not good, none of my 5 el nino germinated. Fortunately the others did. So far I have 4 females out of 10 plants should know the sex of others soon. LAst year I went sovenier shopping at royal and had 100% germ and 100% female. I didnt know about green house then. I believe it is best to purchase there and bring back for us blokes in the states. Or try dust's supplier or take a trip to Canada. Any how man I feel your pain brother and hope tou SLH does well.

Thanks dust for the attitude tip. https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/

Edit: lots of bad reviews here in states over the attitude try these guys

http://www.nirvanashop.com/en/12-medical-marijuana-seeds

• Like 1

Thanks folks. It's pretty demoralizing. I ended up manually cracking the shell on all the colorized seeds and what do you know.... Some are becoming active. Some are very clearly bad seed from the start. Some looked ok outside but were dark/dead inside. This is a technique I've never had to use on cannabis. Only on some of the hardest seeds that need severe conditions like a fire have I had to manually crack the shell. Hopefully what pops is viable.....we'll see. Doing this I now have tap roots on cheese, the church and big bang.

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up the only one colorized seed that survived was a Big Bang. And its stunted. Actually so is the one Super Lemon Haze. The one Jack Herer that sprouted is growing normally. So, out of all of the GH seeds, all I got was 3, 2 of them pathetic. Stunning the failure rate. However, out of the 11 freebies, 9 are growing.

I contacted Herbies. I have to give it to them. They didn't have to do anything. But they offered me my choice of 15 feminized seeds from a list of 5 strains shipped free. I got 5 each Mazar Kush, Kandy Kush and Diesel. They stood up and offered 1 for 1 replacement on the colorized mix packs I bought. Not the same strains, but good ones none the less. That's freaking awesome. Thank you Herbies. You've earned my repeat business.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you had a bad expirience, it is never nice feeling let down.

With the Cannabiis World Cup just starting , why not follow its progression.

There are 300 sets of seeds and feed being given away, so that is at least 300 people who are gonna germ Greenhouse seeds.

It will be a good way to see if other people have the same problem.

As mentioned previously in this thread the seeds you bought were not direct from green house and may have been old stock or incorrectly stored, lets see what happens when they come direct from the source.

Peace

Lams

• 1 month later...