About to transplant.....which medium?

gonzosghost

Hi folks, I have 4 white widow and a super lemon haze in rockwool blocks. They're almost ready for transplanting but was unsure to go for coco or rockwool mini cubes? I've heard a lot about the coco drawing moisture from the rockwool and starving roots. Which to go for? I have some Afghanis in coco at the moment and they seem to love it but what will the SLH love more?

I've got a 600w dual spec HPS

Floranova Grow 1-part

I'm also feeding them some rhizotonic to assist with the upcoming transplant shock. Anyone used Floranova? How about bloom? Thinking about a 2 part for flowering.

About to start some nitrozyme foliar spraying also. Any tips on schedules?

Thanks guys for any responses,

Smoke, Peace and Unity :D

Oh well it's done now :D

They went into coco/perlite 70/30. Lots of Rhizotonic to provide that vitamin b1 for stress relief. Ph'd around 5.8 and EC at 0.8. Had to flush the coco bricks I had to the max, sooooo salty. Guy in the shop failed to mention, should have done my homework on cheap coco blocks I suppose.

Any info on cal/mag deficiency? Will or should I have added this? Is it more of an issue when flowering or will I have to supplement in veg aswell?

Think I'm just talking to myself but NO MATTER! Lol. I shall keep asking nonetheless :D

Again, appreciate any input, thanks x

haha answered before the answer ^^

Glad you decided by yourself it's the best way to learn ;)

I hope the SLH will like the medium too, but there is no reason why she wouldn't :D

Have a good grow man

Thanks dude, I haven't grown in years and I'm loving it :D

The girls are looking pretty in their coco. Will have to post some pics soon. All they're getting is Floranova grow and rhizotonic. Weekly nitrozyme. Any info on nitrozyme? I've been led to believe it's better to just feed weekly.

Did a test foliar feed with a diluted solution on a plant with ever so slight discoloration. I placed a baby window screen over her to ease the light a bit. Plant was looking rough in the evening (thin leaves and a bit curly) but in the morning she was quite green and vibrant :). My plants almost look like they need a rest by the end of the day. It might just be me but that's what it looks like :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking the same though during my first grow about them needing rest. my plants seem to know when the day is over almost and they get droopy like your saying lol. if ya go into the room in the middle of the night and carefully look with some green light u will see em resting almost looks like they wilt lolol. google time lapse dude of a grow and u will see the plants reach up during the day then relax at night. I been told they grow there roots at night but thats just hear say hehe.

• 1 month later...

Interesting that you mention this I saw the same in my outdoor plants, when the sun goes down the droop every evening. At first I worried something was wrong but like you said each morning they're standing tall and strong. There's definitely something going on when the lights are out, a process that's different from photosynthesis, I can almost remember from botany class at uni all those years ago...