Pure White Head

Do you have any additional photo's from dates after this one? I am curious about the development of this lady. We grow SLH also and I have never see this particular type of mutation. I love it because it is so unusual. Have you done further research to see if others have seen this anywhere? She is a monster for us and produces the sweetest smell, but I have not seen her turn milky early. Perhaps it has something to due with the lack of chlorophyll in her that is causing the tricomes to appear to be milky early. Unique situation there. More pictures!

These were taken today, a few days after the first picture:

This one is of the top light. I have another light in the bottom part of the box. Both lights are triband 120w LED:

BoxRedMistSmall.jpg

SLHLowerSmall.jpg

This is a lower bud on the same plant. The red hairs seem to support the early ripening.

This is another picture of the white head:

SLHwhiteheadSmall.jpg

I have seen the exact same white head on a Super Skunk in my last grow. Perhaps it is the close proximity to the LED.

I'm not sure, but this one Super Lemon Haze shares a resevoir and grow box with 5 Super Skunks. The Skunks usually ripen in 8 weeks, and seem to be on track, so I'm not sure if this is an anomoly, or what. I do have a cloned sister of hers in veg right now, so we may see in a few months when she is ripening.

What do you think?

Guest superbluehaze

looks beautiful mate; the trichomes can be anywhere from clear to a golden color. The main thing is that they fill up and look a little like a mushroom. I think I remember reading some where that a milky to golden colour is a sign of very high potency.

so

Happy harvest

• 2 weeks later...

I harvested her last week, here is a random bud:

Sam_0702small.jpg

This and Himalayan Gold were the first GHSs I've grown to bud. Needless to say, I was stunned by the quality of this Super Lemon Haze.

She wound up yeilding about 90 grams, was grown in limited space, but still, her yeild was good all things considered. What stunned me was her potency. Raise your hand if you don't smoke a lot of weed. Ok, no hands so you know what I mean when I say that my tolerance is rather high. Well, she slammed me. I was on the couch for an hour squeezing my eyes shut ;)

Needless to say, this isn't my last SLH, I have two cloned sisters in bloom right now, not to mention the 3 seeds I have left!!!

i have seen this happen a few times before and i have to say it is because of the light either its close enoughf to not let the clorofil work properly and show its green color or it just burns the clorofil out. this is not a bad thing nor a good thing. but hey its really freaking cool.

you have some very very nice grows mate. i love your plants and seems like you really know what you are doing.

how do you personally like the led lighting ? i keep wanting to try but want to first hear more from people who actually use it.

I have a grow in the "grow room" section called Super Shed. It's mostly LED. I have one more coming that will make it 4 120w LEDs, 5 125w CFLs, and a 4' skylight.

It's going pretty well.Nice bud growth. I think if you can get the LEDs at a good price they are more than worth it!

Guest superbluehaze

hi jay,

you will have to put these photos into the plant of the month and bud of the month competition we have here now; it was started by biggreenbuds.

They are amazing, my friend,

happy harvest,

john