Main-Lining

I was looking at stuff on the subcool rollitup site section and stumble on that, i thought it would raise the interest of my fellow hunter, sucks that you need to be a damn memeber to see the pics, worht it though!

"Main-Lining"

definition. a form of training and managing canopy for cannabis.....to build a "hub" off of a single node creating a "manifold" for equal energy distribution from the root mass to the growing tops.

....it really is that simple....i am sure it has been done before, and a lot of folks do it, and probably even has a name, but I just call it "main-lining".....my theory being, on a plant from seed, if all branches came off of the same node on the trunk, they should all get the same amount of hormones and nutrients ...or energy, from the root mass.....like building a "hub"........make sense? I am all about an even canopy, of very similar sized stems, and colas.....like green lady soldiers lined up ready to kick ass and take names......no weak ones, no runts, no spindly ones.....just all solid and consistant......

http://www.rollitup....ing-thread.html

In the second one he compare between a single level and two level plants, read the thing it'll make sense haha

http://www.rollitup....es-tutoral.html

Peace!

• Like 2

sounds interesting i've read the articles and it makes some sense, i would find some things to say probably on his theory but i couldn't see the pics :( And i don't like to register on too much cannabis forum at same time ^^

could you do a basic drawing of the final looking plant?

thanks for sharing man ;)

Are you gonna try his?

I'll try it on my next grow, ill pop three beans so i'll do that on two of them hoping they all end up being female :)

The final result pretty much look like nay topping, the main difference beeing the "hub" concept where all the tops come from two main branches. He believes that the more level to the plant the more the energy is "diluted" where the top branches receive more energy than lower one. By focusing the tops on only two main branches you make sure that every top receive an equal amount of energy from the root mass...

It works really well both with sticks/tomato hanger (any type of support) or scrog...

• Like 1

Hey Ghost and Dust,

I did the "main lining" technique on my last plants from seed. I did 4 plants total and 4 different strains. It works alot better from seed since the nodes are across from each other instead of staggered like on clones. I hard topped at third node so could take clones. It took 63 days from sprout to get the nice eight top plants. Growth is slow until after topped acouple times. Bad news was when I put into flower I found out all four were males. All that work for nothing, but it was a learning experience. I have the photos still if anyone wants to see them. They are stripped of all leaf so its easy to see structure.

Man i hope that shit wont happen to me, frustrating experience... I checked my seeds today to see they actually are purple wreck x skunk so i really hope to find a good keeper!

Thanks for the info (63 days) i'd planned on having about 55-65 days of veg based on my readings, plus it'll allow me to scrog the amnesia i have she's now pretty big i'll just have to repot her fing some sticks and pull some strings..

How did you rated the all experience, would you use it again, how did you compare the canopy to a regular topping?

Peace!

• 2 months later...

Found this to on local forum, sad u dont get all the pics and throw it up here, not all got accounts everywhere. Enyway, is worth to try, just look this food hub! And looks nicer to me then fighting with scorg. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seum08dS1aw&feature=related

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

very interesting read...i guess people sort of do this already with plants but I didn't realize it was called main-lining. When I top, the goal is to get an even canopy with lots of colas the same size. Using Super cropping to get the bend in the pics above, LST, topping, lollipoping all to get the growth to concentrate on the colas. This looks like the same thing but your trying to get it all from one branch?

when doing this, i would assume you need to put the extra time in veg in order to get the increased yield and benefits.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is just small showcase what u are able to do without ph, ec and stuff like that. I missed one photo, one plant was drop on 2 but, after some talks it not burned in furnace and turned in to nice buddy girl. Circle i was doing with Afgooey, this is step by step fullow up to main lining topic.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...