Flushing and Drying Hydro?

lluman

Recently I was watching a Greenhouse grow video featuring Jack Herer in soil and hydro. It was a great demonstration of proper technique.

One thing has me puzzled, however. The moderators mentioned flushing and drying as being extremely important to the final yields, which were extremely impressive. I understand the concept for the dirt grow, but what kind of drying would one do in a hydro grow?

Any explanation would be much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

I dont understand why flush if not in week 6? I mean what is there that makes it better u think with flush in weeks 1-5? Maybe u use advanced feedings? Many diffrent ones. Right now I use Golden Label and that is just same A and B from grow to flower whole way. Ofc there are sum others like Mg and Pk but, is the flush to get rid of the second weeks flush with mg? cause after that u start wtih pk or it was week 3.. but does it do that alot diffrent?

Great question, I was wondering the same thing bc I prefer DWC.. I'm going to try out your method next go around Tokage..thanks!

I dont understand why flush if not in week 6? I mean what is there that makes it better u think with flush in weeks 1-5? Maybe u use advanced feedings? Many diffrent ones. Right now I use Golden Label and that is just same A and B from grow to flower whole way. Ofc there are sum others like Mg and Pk but, is the flush to get rid of the second weeks flush with mg? cause after that u start wtih pk or it was week 3.. but does it do that alot diffrent?

Hi Caney! from my understanding the first flush is around day 16 of flower because that is the time when all MJ plants really realize that its time to put all energy into flower production. By flushing with a diluted nutrient solution and then drying her out, you effectively remove any salt build up, give her roots plenty of oxygen, and increase her metabolism(making her verrrry hungry) and then you ramp up her feed and she sucks it alllll in!

This is just my understanding and I'm sure there are things I'm missing... pce&lve