Eggs :S

Romeu9

Guest superbluehaze

that is white fly eggs and not spider mites. White fly is easier to get rid off, try what Fuzzy recommend. He is some more information on white fly: both whitefly and mites complete their life cycle in one or two weeks.

Sprays are nt affective against the eggs, so if you have a hose, use it to wah away as many eggs as you can.

As the sprays is only effective against the insect and not its eggs, repeat the spraying about twice a week for 3 consecuative weeks to totally get rid of them.

To make a hot pepper spray. mix four very hot chillis with one medium onion and one clove of garlic. Grind or chop and mash them along with some water, and let it stand for a couple of days. Add enough water to make 1 liter. and strain through a coffee filter or paper towels in a funnel. Add half a teaspoon od detergent and spray as you would an insecticide.

Some safe insecticides to deal with this pest are: pyrethrum, rotenone and malathion, all these are non toxic to warm blooded animals when used as directed, they are very effective and break down into harmless chemicals in a matter of days:

happy harvest ,my friend.

john

here is something you may find of interest:

Advanced - Growth regulators and hormones

Does seaweed act as a growth stimulant?

Seaweed extract is being marketed and supposedly has special benefits when supplied with iron. The following comments are extracted from a gardening article on use of seaweed (there are various species of seaweed which may differ in composition that influences biostimulation). "Seaweed is a rootless plant in the Fucus family that floats freely or clings to rocks by holdfasts (root-like or disk shaped plant parts that attach seaweed to rocks but don’t absorb nutrients). Seaweed photosynthesizes the sunlight that reaches it through shallow water and it absorbs nutrients from sea water through its leaves. Since the ocean receives runoff from the entire earth, it contains all known minerals, trace elements, and vitamins. This primal supermarket supplies a more complete diet for sea plants than any plot of rich soil or fertilizer provides for land plants. Seaweed contains 60 or more minerals and several plant hormones. It is not however a complete fertilizer. It has a fair amount of nitrogen and potash, but very little phosphorus, a major plant nutrient.

Only a few seaweeds are harvested commercially. Norwegian kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum), a brown algae is the seaweed most used in gardening. Norwegian kelp is gathered off the coasts of England, Ireland, Norway, and both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts of North America where it is called rockweed. Gulfweed (Sargassum), a floating sea plant, is harvested off the coast of North Carolina. Giant kelp(Macrcystis) is collected in the Pacific Northwest.

Seaweed is constantly worn down by tides and eaten by fish, so it must grow rapidly to survive. Studies at the University of California showed that a frond of seaweed can grow a foot or more a day, given optimal conditions. The same growth hormones that prompt such rapid growth in seaweed , when applied to plants as a foliar spray, can increase the rate of cell division and elongation in those plants. The hormones also increase root growth when applied to the soil as meal or when seaweed extract is used as a root dip.

In recent turf tests at Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blacksburg, plots sprayed with seaweed extract had 67% to 175% more roots than untreated plots. Plots treated in fall showed a 38% increase in spring growth over untreated plots and showed 52% more roots.

In tests at South Carolina’s Clemson University, seeds soaked in liquid seaweed extract showed rapid germination, and the resulting seedlings had increased root mass and stronger plant growth than seedlings from untreated seeds. They also had a higher survival rate. Soaking plant roots in seaweed extract reduces transplant shock and speeds root growth. Seaweed foliar sprays promote faster, stronger stem and leaf growth, and earlier blossoming and fruit set when sprayed on leaves

Thank you John!

I guess the second part of you reply is concerning the germination of my new seeds, right? :)

Curiously I had already tought of that, soaking the seeds in water+root stimulator(with seawed), the same that I am using to take care of the root rot problem :D I'll use the technique mentioned on it, foliar spray with seaweed..

Excelent report on beneficials using of seaweed!

Thanks a lot, John!

It is so good to have such a caring friend, in this new family, here in SH forum!

Guest superbluehaze

No man is an island, and we are nothing without friends. Seaweed will strengthen the plant, but the main thing is to wash all those eggs away, you could us a few drops of dish washing liquid tin a liter of water to get rid of them, and then use the spray. The eggs are too big for spider mites.

Good on you my friend, the seedings will be strong.

your mate, john

Well, did it yesterday: Washed the eggs with water+dish liquid soap and the foliar spray with water+root stimulator, and today was time to water the soil: water+nuts+H2O2... she is looking very healthy... It is very rewarding to see her getting in to shape again...

I'm very ansious to plant two new plants, One Lemon Skunk and one White Rhino in apreciation to all the input John (superbluehaze) gave me in recovering this plant of mine... I hope to get some more precious advices, now on how to properly take care of a white rhino :) from you my friend. But I'm still waiting for the seeds :( 16 days have passed since they send it... so looooong....confused_smile.gif

Guest superbluehaze

the seeds will arrive, my friend. Sure of course I will help all I can, but listen to the other growers opinins too; I am not real experienced with outdoor growing, and others here are. I am pleased she is healthy again down below; a song my friend to celibrate:

happy growing,

Guest superbluehaze

Romeu,

I would just soak the seeds in plain water;

once they have broken the soil, and have a set or true leaves, then use the root stimulator, as it is only useful on seedlings that have have started to send out roots.

happy growing, my friend

john

Guest superbluehaze

good one Romeu,

may they grow strong, bloom beautifully and yeild magnificantly.

There is something about growing plants, especially this plant;

in your honor, my friend:

happy growing, my friend;

john