Powdery mildew on drying bud HELP!

Smokeythabear

Ok so I harvested my pure kush about 36 hours ago. This morning I noticed a white powdery substance on some of the trim leaves that were drying in a paper bag. I inspected my hanging buds and noticed the same thing on some of the sugar leaves left on the bud that didn't get trimmed completely. I'm almost positive this is powdery mildew. It isn't everywhere by far and seems to be isolated (visibly anyways) to some of the leaves that were more dead..the green healthy leaves are untouched. I've checked under my led micro and it seems isolated so far. I've trimmed off ALL leaves on the hanging buds..and I have the fan on and humidity is and has been 45% in the drying room. Are they done for? I really hope I don't have to toss the plant :( I've ready something about dipping them in hydrogen peroxide solution..a mild one...any thoughts?

I would really appreciate help thanks guys!

I answered in you're journal about it, can't really really help sorry man :(

I think you should be fine, but perhaps the mold spreads some kind of spore on the buds and it will come later.. perhaps a preventive bath would still be good, we'll see what the people that have had mold before will say

Good luck

Thanks Tokage for reinforcing my decision..I watched the video earlier and just got home from purchasing some H2O2 and a couple bins and am just setting up to give them a wash...well, I wanted to learn about growing weed right? :P lol..now I get to learn a bit more than I had wanted to at this point...but hey bitching and crying isn't going to make the bastardly spores to go away!

Have you ever had to use this method yourself Toke?

To be honest no. But i did get mold for the first time(after not listen to Fuzzy´s advice).

I just broke the bud off and all was fine. Powdermildew i never even seen on a Cannabis irl.

I think that a grower that never had to face a problem early in his carrer will have huge problem later in life :P

Very true wise words...hmm and they say marijuana makes you stupid :P Great to have you around bro thanks :)

Added note..gonna take a few pics of the process..this is gonna take awhile..I'm using a 12 liter bucket to bath them..I've got smoke, a few drinks, some good music and good spirits to get me through..wish me luck :wild:

UPDATE: realized that doing it in 10 liters of water was going to take FOREVER..so I just emptied our camping gear out of a large plastic tote bin and filled it with 30 liters of water w/390 mL of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Then gonna bath them for 3-5 mins as Jorge's video say's. I checked out a few other guys posts who said they've used Jorge's technique more than once with great results and no noticeable negative effects.

Thanks for checkin in Dust, I'm not sure if it grew a little more or if I just missed noticing a bit, BUT, it didn't look like it was spreading. I bathed all the buds and hung them to dry and low and behold this morning they are almost ready to go in jars now..and they are looking pretty good this morning :) It looks to have killed the PM..now I just have to trim sometips off and jar it to start the cure. It's kinda cool how they shrink, this is supposed to be due to impurities being removed during the process in the water as well, which is supposed to provide a smoother smoke. As well, the cannabinoids are not water soluble so no potency is supposed to be lost. I tried a bud in the volcano last night after drying it out on a low temp for a bit and it was DAMN GREAT!! VERY strong..had my eyes as red and glossy as they ever get at night after some good indica. So far I'm gonna say it looks like the bath worked..but I will save final judgement until after some curing. Unfortunately I got so caught up in the work of it I didn't get many pics. I will take some of the bud this morning before I jar it to suck the moisture out of the center of the buds. Phew..this ganja farming is hard work! I couldn't imagine having 15-20 plants to have to work with :P

Peace, love, happiness :)