Washing hash

seedweed

I take this from another site "Heat water in saucepan until water boils, reduce temperature so that the water stops boiling.

add hash (it can be solid), and allow heat to break it down.

once broken down stir gently for a few minutes, this is where you will notice the water change a mucky colour and most likely giving a henna odour off.

once you can see all existing lumps broken down keep heat on but allow to settle for a little.

then pour off excess water and your purer hash will be left, try not to pour your hash away!

you should expect a loss in weight, as your loosing your impurities."

I have just used this method this evening to purify a very bad hash. But I used a method a bit different but more quickly, I placed my hash in the chamomile filter (whithout chamomile) and i dipped it in a pot full of boiling water. In the filter there was only the amount right for a joint, and the water was around 0,5 l. The water fastly became yellow, as though in the water there was crap. Then I took it and i have dry the hash. The color become more clear, obviously the bad taste don't become good, but improves and MAINLY the hash don't disturb the throat. On the net you can find the image of someone who have washed the bad hash and have placed the photos on internet :) the images are emblematic.

Yeah...

When i have bad hash I put the the hash in boiling water , i broke the hashshish with a fork or something like that,

I wait 20-30 minutes to let the shit coming out, then i take off the water and the hash go on the botton of the pan.

Then I wait the hash is dry.

Not all the shit coming out from the hashish, however is better than the beginning.

• Like 1

Yep, usually the way it's done round my way with exceptionally bad soapbar tecnique is more or less the same except prior to immersion in the water we would finely grate the bar then place into filter( usually a womens stocking doubled up) then submerge in the smmering water until the sludge/scum floats on top of the water, then remove it and re-press the shit and allow to dry. Tbh though it is only about a 10-20% improvement on the original kak further washes may improve further but each wash means less weight if you are forced to smoke it youself though washing is a must. Found this interesting article about soapbar whist browsing today.

"It seems that soap is made of only a small percentage of resin glands (referred to as pollen), and up to 90% non-resin cannabis plant material which is bound together with bee’s wax or pine resin and condensed milk as the mixture is too dry and powdery to be bound any other way. As this mixture is very green due to the high percentage of plant material, it is then coloured with instant coffee powder or henna to give it that sandy brown colour. In order to give it a slightly resinous look, turpentine is added, which also disguises the taste!

Well, as growers with an abundance of leaf material left over from a crop, we couldn’t help ourselves. We had to give it a try!

We sieved off 10 grams of resin glands (pollen), crushed up 200 grams of dried leaf and ran it through a sieve to reduce it to a very fine powder. We then heated this mixture in a bowl over boiling water and added 5 grams of bees wax, 5 teaspoons of condensed milk powder, one teaspoon of turpentine, and a couple of pinches of instant coffee powder for colour.kak-sm.jpg

We continued to knead the heated mixture into a dough-like form, then pressed it under pressure and allowed it to cool. It bonded well into rock hard lumps, just like soap bar! To our delight, when we tested it with a flame, immediately we were greeted with that old familiar smell of grade A genuine soap bar! Crumbled like it too! Although there was virtually no resin glands in this so-called hash, we gave some to a friend and he had no complaints!"

-ORIGINAL article found here-http://www.evilweeds.com/information/making-soap-bar-in-yorkshire-red-eye-express-article/

• Like 2

Wow good post ambertrichomez!! I Know the main cutting agent is Paraffin. Paraffin is a petrolatum, infact it make bad hash inflammable. After whashing hash is not yet flammable. The only problem is that Paraffin isn't a water soluble (such as the resin, otherwise it would be dissolved in the water), but i read that its fusion point is around 60 grades Celsius, so I think a bit of Paraffin at least is eliminated from the hash. Using alchol Paraffin will be dissolved, the only problem is that also the hash will be dissolved, this method could be well to make hash oil, but if the hash is full of Paraffin I think it wouldn't be a great oil.