flushing in a bubbler (interesting technique for fresh buds)

Gfarmer

ok so the other day i had this idea i thought to my self what would happen if you cut a fresh cannabis flower and stuck the stem in a vase of water , like you would with a normal flower, the obvious reasoning would be that the fresh cut stem will obsorb the fresh water and ensure a final break down of any left over unwanted substances . so i looked and look fr some exsample of someone doing this.

it turns it its actually a somewhat useful technique i found this forum that has a photo run throuhg of how to do it they call it flushing in a bubbler.

http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/how-too-emergency-flush-using-bubbler-t29346.html

what i wanna know is does anyone have exsperiance with this technique does it work well and could you do it with out a airation stone and just replacing the water dayly?

• 5 months later...

i have question about flushing in bubblers, i have got SLH in DWC (bubbler, oxypot) basically its 20l bucket with meshpot build in lid, and pump with airstone on bottom of bucket, i change water once a week, now i seen video on growHD and franco said its good to flush plant in weeks 2-6 of flowering, and my question is how flush plant in this system?? i understand that i need to put just water with low nutrients like 500 ppm and correct ph 5,5 but he also said that he leaves this for 5 days to dry out that roots get more oxygen and after 5 days he puts water with high nutrient.. dont know how to do this flush.. please give me any advice thanks

Well they let dry because the use a hydro that nees to be watered by hand and retains quite a nice amount of water due to the rockwool in the pots. Now with your tecnique i'm note sure if the grower use the rying period too, i will let the hydro grower say yes or no case i'm soil grower ^^

But at least on the part with hard water only you're right! for how long is anothr question and i hope the other hunters will help you out :)

Have a good grow