heating my grow room at lights out

ghetto2190

hi every1, just started germing some seeds and i have a bit of a problem before my seeds sprout i need to find a way of keeping my temperature up in my tent, when my light is on it stays at 25.c but at lights out it drops to 16c, is there anything i can use, i was thinking of using a ceramic reptile heat emitter or a greenhouse tubular heater with a thermostat, but before i go out and purchase anything to help me solve this problem, i would like to hear what other people have to say with regards to this problem.

all you help is really appreciated

p.s i am trying to cut my electric bill so dnt want stuff that is going to use to much electric

don't you have anything inn your house that generate heat? like your internet box?

As you said you wanna cut on electricity, beside closing the doors and making a fire ^^

But try to put any electrical device that you hav in same room and it might get some degrees up.

But beside that, at 16° they won't die or anything, in worst case you could have some little blue leaves on the girls ( which in the end is a pretty good thing for the eye ^^ ) but don't get too much below these temps if weather affords you too ;)

Good luck man i hope someone will come with a better idea ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i had that problem but while my plants were during flower, i just bought a very small tubular heater and hung it from the tent poles with tid wraps, not too expensive to run about the same as running cfls. But for germination i use an electric propagator and put it on a table sithin the tent, so the seedlings have got a decent amount of heat and light at the same time. Hope this helps, but the heater worked a treat, just look atound for a low wattage one.

did you considere d setting fotoperiod so it lights when it coldest outside and turn off when its wormest ? maybe that way you will maneg ~20 ?

if not i recomend heating cable - its most effective from my experiance in small spaces

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...