Harvest time?

ngp

Hello everybody,

Attached are Super Bud pics taken this morning. I do not have a microscope, so I therefore cannot take a look at the calyx's color.

There was some mold present that I cut off already. Fan leaves haven't really started changing color either. The buds that get the most sun have changed color. The ones inside that do not get as much sun are still a light green.

Do you guys think she is ready for harvest, or should I wait until the end of this week, or even longer? Or should I do a 2 step harvest?

post-8490-0-92307800-1349100993.jpg

post-8490-0-72825100-1349101109.jpg

post-8490-0-35405800-1349101210.jpg

post-8490-0-53336200-1349101294.jpg

post-8490-0-56861600-1349101410.jpg

post-8490-0-29232900-1349101504.jpg

if you have a decent zoom on your digital camera works equally well, or try zooming in on the photo's if they are of high enought resolution. Hoping for some nice weather this week, ripen my outdoors off. Yours seem a little more advanced than mine ,more brown hairs.

Wise to wait till you have some brown trichomes, then it's personal preference really, the more brown trichomes as a general rule the more you'll be locked to the couch. Most recomendations i have ready say around 50% brown trichomes 50 % milky . They will start going milky then brown.

Hard to be patient when the bounty is so close but hang in there.

post-16264-0-00348600-1349104451.jpg

She is looking nice bro! Take a look at the forecast! I see she is wet! Don't let her get molded, so if u see 1 more week good weather u better wait, but if it is gonna be cold an rainy, you better harvest her in some days! Fingers crossed u can give her 7-10 more days! Best of luck!

yeah like gazvan said you have nice quality pics, just by looking your pics at full size you can see clearly the trichomes on some pics, and they don't look much ambered yet, if you want an active high it is time to cut in 1-2 week indeed, if you want a little more heavy effect wait a little more ;)

Good luck man

Thanks for all the input guys!

There is a mold issue that I am fighting with. It rained really hard last week. Now even with the sunny days

that should last until next week, I am clipping off here and there when the mold appears.

I cover her with a clear plastic sheet at night because there is heavy morning dew (thus the "wet appearance" in the pics)

I might even leave the plastic sheeting in the day time (?)

Day time temp is about 20C and night time 9-10C.

I will keep on posting pics as the days go by

Good buds

if your having mould problems its probably time to chop the big buds. dont know your lat or you surroundings but with mine as soon as a little mould comes in oct i chop it all. Im at 53 and in damp conditions and mine are coming down in the morning as the forecast is a wet week and its been wet for a week so im doing it !

Dont know about the plastic cover, that might bring on the mould?

good luck

I'm at 45N, weather forecast is clear skies until next week. I will therefore wait. I put the plastic on at night to

keep the dew off. I have a fan on the ground under the plant running as well. Mold is present (not too much, but

it is here). It is something I have had to deal with in the past: it ain't pretty when it invades the garden.

I'll mostlikely do a 2 tiered harvest to let the immature buds inside the plant ripen after I cut off the ones on the outside.

My first outdoor grow as can do so legally. 51n had two days nice sun this weekend which fattens the buds rapidly, not looking good this week weather wise and need another couple of weeks. Such a dilema. 3 degree's C one night!. A week on Saturday and Sunday looking good at the moment so goiing to have to wait. I have been out when it's been raining shaking the water off. If the sun comes gonna have some serious harvest, if not kind of dissapointing.Believe they grow quickly over the last 2 weeks so fingers crossed. Good luck with the mold, no problems so far luckily.

did you make holes in your plastic sheet? otherwise it might help moisture to come even faster as it will contain humidity.

Most of your trichomes look milky so if you have real issues with the mold you can think about cutting, but try to take away as much "non needed" leaves as possible to make lot of air and watch them closely, shake them to take water off.

Hope you will get them as you wish ;)

Good luck

Hi Dust,

I only cover with plastic at night because the weather is nice during day time, and should be until next week.

Regarding getting rid of the non-needed leaves, do you mean to just take 80% of the fan leaves off right now?

well maybe not 80%, if you plan on letting her 3 weeks more she'll need them a little ^^

But try to aearate the buds, try to avoid to much contact between plant's part, if you can.

Good luck

Any opinions on these outdoor babies. May harvest very soon as weather goin to be 3-4 overnight next week and chance of more rain. Is lovely today but not looking great for the next week ! Have pluckedmost of the yellowy fan leaves off to increase light and airflow. Any comments appreciated!

post-16264-0-80974800-1349607079.jpg

post-16264-0-63250100-1349607086.jpg

post-16264-0-85590500-1349607093.jpg

post-16264-0-63747200-1349607100.jpg

post-16264-0-17149300-1349607107.jpg

• Like 1

Strange that purple plant had 3 Passion#1 in the garden and one had purple/red veins running down the stems where as the other 2 didn't. 2 weeks ago the same plant started turning purple. Since then so have the buds during the final flourish of flowering, smells strongly of grapefruit. Gonna be cutting this one this weekend. The other 2 are drting as we speak

post-16264-0-06300000-1349805777.jpg

post-16264-0-24288600-1349806099.jpg

• Like 3

Looking fine, Weather looks good there too !

Toke i worked out why the purple and yellow colours are "sexy" ! Remember batgirl from the original series ? purple and yellow costume, purrrrrrrfect figure ! Smash those back doors in.

Purple one the last ! came down today, dripping with graperuit smelling resin. Was not really expecting much from outdoor after the shit summer but can't wait for it to dry/cure now.

• Like 1