Holland and Euro Growers..Answer Me This...Please

mikeandnaomi

Seems like in many of the photos I see real airy buds, and not so dense?

The same plants are so much more solid looking in closer to the equator climates.

Perhaps I answered my own question.

I also notice many growers in those areas harvest - not looking like they're done - plants.

Is that because they grow for thc content and not for full potential?

Just some friendly observation.

well about the hardness of the buds, don't know if it's due to latitude. i would more bet on Gear. Friend of mine has same room a me, only thing that changes is he has a digital ballast, well on most of his strains, buds are rock hard when in same room, i'll be compact, but not as hard as his buds can be (exept on some strains sometimes)

So i would say more, Gear and nutes. But perhaps location on the globe changes something too, probably does, as altitude :)

About the full potencial, i don't feel really concern about that, i often let my plant more than i should, I never look at the time given by breeder, i don't even know it on any of my plants, i just take them when i feel them ready ^^

But at my beginning i was cutting a little more earlier, because you wanna follow the trichomes exactly, and you are envious to smoke your stash :)

But i agree with you on lots of plants i see harvested i would give a little more.

So that's my answer for myself ^^

Have a good day man ;)

Hi my last grow was at a high 1400 ft ASL and my buda were really dense due to low oxygen. It can also be down to carbon dioxide either injected or again altitude. As tokage said light is also a big factor. I find the more light you have around the whole plant rather than just above it, the buds pack right up nice and dense. I think that the plants are stretching to the light slightly which makes them open and fluffy rather than sufficant light all round and they ate not fighting for light. I like to keep cfls on hangers down towards the middle sections of the plants during flowering even though i use HPS for flowering i find the cfl provides that little extra light and a blue spectrum throughout the grow is always good. Any other factors im not sure but this is just from personal observation. Maybe heat, nutes and a damn good drying out between watering helps too.

I've seen plants that are crazy dense and compact.

I think it depends on the strain you use and how you nute it.

However, punk on skunk, you might have a point there! If you hang your lamp too high the plant will want to stretch more, thus leaving it with less dense buds