Second grow - 600W HPS + LED's - GHSC: Fully automatic - NL. Sweet Mango, Super Critical

Smokeythabear

Nice bro, i love them all but esp the Critical's.. :D

Can't wait for mine to starting to look like that!(i hope)

Any nice smells?

Keep it up & have a good time while doing it!

Peace

Thanks Bigbro :good: Trust me man..it is amazing how quickly these auto's just explode in an exponential way day by day and you will continue to see that with yours, you're doing a great job man! There are definitely lots of smells goin on..the Northern Lights are sticking with the fruity kind of citrus smell, the sweet mangos seem to be starting to get fruity with an mango/orange scent..the Super C.'s (what you really wanna know lol) are complex in a good way..they have that intense indica almost medicinal smell but with some almost grape, lemon, incense spice flower smell to them if that makes any sense :P Overall I'm VERY VERY happy with all 3 of the super critical autos I planted. I have to add autos because it is easy to forget that they aren't regular plants with how big they've become.

I know I know..I gotta quite coming out so emotional and all LOL :P I swear I have balls!! :wild::lol:

You were honest about how you were feeling, nothing wrong with that among friends!

& as Tokage said, no immature people around here, just ppl not having smoke being alittle cranky maybe, heheh..

Thanks Bigbro :good: Trust me man..it is amazing how quickly these auto's just explode in an exponential way day by day and you will continue to see that with yours, you're doing a great job man! There are definitely lots of smells goin on..the Northern Lights are sticking with the fruity kind of citrus smell, the sweet mangos seem to be starting to get fruity with an mango/orange scent..the Super C.'s (what you really wanna know lol) are complex in a good way..they have that intense indica almost medicinal smell but with some almost grape, lemon, incense spice flower smell to them if that makes any sense :P Overall I'm VERY VERY happy with all 3 of the super critical autos I planted. I have to add autos because it is easy to forget that they aren't regular plants with how big they've become.

Thanks alot mate :), wow i can't even begin to imagine that wonderful gathering of sweet scents...

Oww as a big spicy-indica-lover you just made me smile, tyty & the word "medical" always put me in a good mood!

Can't wait for next update! it's like looking into a maybe-future-machine, luv it.

Peace

• Like 1

Yeah but that is in the sense of like humor & stuff, i don't see (m)any moral assholes around here :)

but hey, i just started growing for what i know darth vader may have been trolling the shit out of SH with soulripping comments :S

LOL soo funny bro!!

Thanks guys for giving me a good laugh and for the interest in the grow, makes it all worthwhile :)

OK - LADIES ARE 8 WEEKS OLD SINCE SPROUTING - AS USUAL SCROLL DOWN FOR PICS

Decided to take pictures of the plants closest to harvest for this update. So there is Super C (B), Super C. (A), Sweet Mango © & Super C ©. If you scroll over the pictures they are named today for your viewing pleasure. So here are a few highlights of what has been going on.

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE INPUT FROM FELLOW HUNTERS ON WHETHER YOU THINK IT'S TIME TO GO TO PLAIN WATER WITH THE 7 WEEK FLOWERING PLANTS THAT HAVE FINISHED THEIR 5TH WEEK?

Both the Super C.'s and the Sweet Mango says 7 weeks flower and they've been flowering for 5 weeks now. They are putting on really nice weight and crystals and hairs are turning and drawing back in fairly quickly but I don't want to go to plain water too soon. Right now they are getting water+food every 4 days usually..so that doesn't leave tons of time before harvest. I do have a flushing solution that I will use the last water I think. Anyways, I trust you guys and would like any input offered :) THANKS!

-Flowers are putting on LOTS of sugar and weight right now and hairs are turning orange and drawing back into the calyxes pretty quickly. No room left in the tent, in the future I may stick to 6 plants max with the CO2 releasing pads.

- Starting to lower main nutes and raise "Overdrive" on finishing plants - need to consider just plain water really soon on finishers

- -Lights on Max temp = 27 degrees C. lights off low temp = 22 degrees C

- Got the humidity down to 30% last night, want to keep it around 30-35% – want to pack on those trichomes

- Blocked basement vents to further cool grow tent area & maybe even get light a little closer

- Lowered light one notch on the chains (thx for the inspiration Bam) Not sure exactly how far it is..broke another cheap measuring tape couple days ago..I would say 45-50 cm from tallest bud. Will keep a close eye on it and then decide whether to lower more.

- Trimmed some small premature lower super C branches/buds that were too far from the light to turn into much. Buds have a complex spicey/flowery/woodsy smell right now with medicinal undertones VERY nice – excited to dry and try in volcano!

Peace + smoke = happy

post-14382-0-91310000-1354922698.jpg

post-14382-0-53647200-1354922699.jpg

post-14382-0-02153800-1354922700.jpg

post-14382-0-48150700-1354922700.jpg

post-14382-0-95889800-1354922700.jpg

post-14382-0-52386500-1354922701.jpg

post-14382-0-06222400-1354922702.jpg

post-14382-0-67220400-1354922702.jpg

post-14382-0-26730400-1354922703.jpg

post-14382-0-81665000-1354922703.jpg

post-14382-0-03547600-1354922730.jpg

post-14382-0-69329500-1354922730.jpg

post-14382-0-16252100-1354922731.jpg

post-14382-0-59516600-1354922731.jpg

post-14382-0-15599900-1354922732.jpg

post-14382-0-69386400-1354922732.jpg

• Like 2

nice update man lots of nice infos, i would be pleased to give you my pont of view about your girls but i don't see the pictures in your updates did you forget them? lolol ;)

I'll check in the gallery if i see somepics from you ;)

Have a good end of grow man i'm sure they'll be fine ;)

• Like 1

nice update man lots of nice infos, i would be pleased to give you my pont of view about your girls but i don't see the pictures in your updates did you forget them? lolol ;)

I'll check in the gallery if i see somepics from you ;)

Have a good end of grow man i'm sure they'll be fine ;)

Awww man LOL ya I hit enter then realized no pictures :P they are there now :)

hahaha epic stoner move ;)

Very nice looking girls man everything seem to be doing very good in here, i think i would continue the feeding a little more too, start to stop when hairs really turn brown, specially on AB she can be awesome with few weeks more ;)

HAve a good grow man

hahaha epic stoner move ;)

Very nice looking girls man everything seem to be doing very good in here, i think i would continue the feeding a little more too, start to stop when hairs really turn brown, specially on AB she can be awesome with few weeks more ;)

HAve a good grow man

Ya cept I'm not growing any AB's Dust..whose stoner move is it now? lmao xD Did you mean the Super C's or maybe were you just referring to AB's in general.

But ya I'm leaning towards feeding them for another week for sure..2 more waters.. then I will see where things are at but probably will go to water after that. Thanks for the input Dust, I can always count on you for a speedy and informative reply! You should have a phone hotline..dial-a-Dust..answers all questions weed related only $2.99/minute :good:

Just wanted to quickly add that smells are changing in the tent..I was just playing with the Super C in the back left corner that is getting more and more covered in resin by the day and I could not believe how much my fingers smelled like green & black peppercorns to the point of making me want to sneeze! with flowery fruity undertones..so spicy and unique!! I hope the sugar keeps coming at this rate for the next couple weeks until finish.

On a downer note, I noticed a couple of blackish spots on 2 small bud leaves, maybe 3 mm x 3mm ..cut them with sterilized scissors and inspected the rest of the plant and surrounding plants and found nothing else..I hope it's nothing. Looked at it under led microscope and couldn't tell if it could be nutrient related or what it is..nothing fuzzy anyways. I shoulda taken pics but I just wanted to get them into a plastic bag tied & in the garbage. Gonna give her and a few others just a little Cal-Mag Plus + r/o and flush em a bit & I'm going to keep a super close eye on everything and if necessary I will go out and get a bottle of Serenade..not gonna lose this crop to anything :P

I've also decided to get a couple of big cardboard wardrobe boxes with ventilation flaps cut into them to hang my buds. Then gonna get a 4L pail of ONA and hope that is enough to control odor while drying. Was gonna buy a small tent and set it up with fan and filter but not in the budget right now.

I think you will see a really big difference in bud size next week if the growth rate keeps up. I find I'm trimming leaves everyday trying to keep the plants from crowding each other. I shoulda named the sweet mango in the front right corner of the tent that I LST'd "Stretch"..it was like the reason she was behind in bud development was that she just hadn't finished growing yet. Now that she has there are buds everywhere! I like the lime green colour of the hairs, they're super long too, like lime green snowballs lol. I think I'm going to be more than happy with the two sweet mangos that were a bit slower..they are just like me I guess..they needed more time than others to mature!! :lol:

Peace

• Like 1

alright smokey those buds are looking insane . honestly you did a great job on this room full of auto's . so let me ask you what do you think about autos? now youve had a chance to grow autos and regular strain's, you must have something to say about how autos stand up i know that i for one am always shocked with how many people down auto's saying that the bud is garabage but evey time i grow an auto strain the bud turns out really nice so i can't relaly see what the beef is about so i was wondering what you think ?

• Like 1

alright smokey those buds are looking insane . honestly you did a great job on this room full of auto's . so let me ask you what do you think about autos? now youve had a chance to grow autos and regular strain's, you must have something to say about how autos stand up i know that i for one am always shocked with how many people down auto's saying that the bud is garabage but evey time i grow an auto strain the bud turns out really nice so i can't relaly see what the beef is about so i was wondering what you think ?

Thanks for the kind words Greeno my friend always nice to see you around :thankyou: I will wait until harvest and test time to give my final thoughts on autos but as of this point I gotta give them full respect. If you look at one of the main concerns next to potency that you seem to hear all the time..yield..I gotta say looking at these autos..and only being in 11L pots..they are easy to forget that they are autos and not regular strains. I've got 8 plants in there, one of them got cropped real early by accident, and I could use more room or less plants lol..and that's a 4.4 ft x 4.4 ft tent. The ZEO2 co2 pads seem to work really well to create nice big lush plants but you need room for them! The Super C's and the one Sweet Mango still have a couple weeks minimum and you wouldn't believe the weight they've put on in the past 3 days even since the pictures..that and the trichome development especially on the super C's right now is insane. As for potency I can only guess but if resin amount and smell mean anything it's gonna be pretty damn nice. The NL's are really coming along nice as well.

So overall ya I'm more than impressed..I mean common it's only been 8 weeks since sprout and I get to look at a room like that in that short of a time? who wouldn't be happy with autos :imsohappy: We will see how they smoke/vape but after growing both I would say for anyone who is skeptical just give em a go..I mean most it will be is a whole 10 weeks or so outta your growing :P The worst that could happen is you decide you don't like em lol..at least then someone can say they tried em instead of just giving an opinion without first having first hand experience..thanks again for stopping by bro!!

It will be a aweeesome smokereport man, lol all thoose strains, it will be like when i read Greeno's post's

in "what are you smokin" thread, i MUST call all my dealers.. get like 2-3 different ones just to calm my "smoke-horny" nerves..

That's why SH is a bittersweet symphony for me, so much quality, if i don't have smoke, im almost in agony, must have sensi JUST to

be able to "surf" around..

But i guess im not the only one thinking like that, heheh.

And i think most of thoose people talking shit about auto's haven't tried any "new" strains(GH ect), i can imagine

that other seedcompanies don't have the resources to develop a stabile powerfull auto!

You show 'em mate!!!

• Like 1

@ Bigbrown I hear ya, I can get bored without variety pretty quickly, luckily Greeno and I have access to the same compassion center :) Although with the Moby dick it was pretty tough to get bored with those effects man..I still have about a 3 g nug that I've stashed away in a jar for New Years lol! As far as I'm concerned whether you are growing auto's or regular strains either way you are contributing positively to the amount of green on the planet and that is never bad :) But ya, I think with continued backcrossing of genes increased potency and yields with auto's we may see them take over a big portion of the grow scene. Even for a beginner nervous to start growing I would say they are perfect, and for an experienced grower they grow super fast which also means you save money on electricity, water, nutrients & your bulbs and rest of your gear will turn out more total crops before they die out than growing regular seeds, the yields for some auto strains are approaching regular seeds, and potency is right up there now as well. That being said, i still like the control of regular seeds..especially for a scrog, and I wouldn't imagine every strain will work as an auto. The ability to decide how big you want your plant to be and to decide when you want her to flower has it's advantages too. I say there is a place for both :)

@ Tokage, ya they have definitely surprised me and just for you I took a few more pictures yesterday focusing on the Super Criticals that are closest to harvest. I also didn't shrink them as much so that you can get a better look at them enlarged :biggrin: The pretty tree that is out of the tent is my shortest/smallest Super C..but she is producing a nice big frosty cola and some very nice tight secondary colas. The other close ups of the buds and resin are from the widest LST'd Super C. Got some LED and non LED pics for those who like both. AND threw in a picture of the largest Sweet Mango bud, also coming along nicely.

Peace ALL!

post-14382-0-39153100-1355174252.jpg

post-14382-0-45659900-1355174254.jpg

post-14382-0-96993900-1355174256.jpg

post-14382-0-54892600-1355174259.jpg

post-14382-0-38783400-1355174262.jpg

post-14382-0-39670400-1355174264.jpg

post-14382-0-40469200-1355174266.jpg

post-14382-0-63499400-1355174269.jpg

post-14382-0-49647100-1355174272.jpg

post-14382-0-32184000-1355174274.jpg

post-14382-0-32961500-1355174288.jpg

post-14382-0-85764300-1355174290.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Dust :)

HELP GUYS! I mentioned a few posts back that I'd discovered some blackish spots on some of the bud leaves of my one Super C...now noticing it starting on a 2nd super C. Looking at them under the led micro they aren't fuzzy at all, the tissue looks black with orange brown around the outside of the spots. The trichomes in these small areas have gone amber. I've included two pictures. I'm thinking of buying some Serenade (bacterial fungicide) tomorrow and spraying them all just to be safe..or does this look like a nutrient deficiency? Looking at the trichomes they have about 1-1.5 weeks to harvest. Anyone have any similar issues..or ideas?

THANKS GUYS!

EDIT: If it helps, it is only occurring on the little upper bud leaflets full of trichomes, not on any larger actual leaves.

post-14382-0-76680900-1355275543.jpg

post-14382-0-18435000-1355275546.jpg

little hard to see i think could you sho where you took on the plant too? at this stage of flowering i don't know if it's safe to spray again maybe you better let go till the end..maybe not lol i might be mistaking ^^

• Like 1

Sorry man..having a hard time taking good pictures..poor light :( They were clipped from the very top of a couple buds..bud leaves.

Ya I'm going to flush them tomorrow I think and see what happens. The Serenade is supposed to be safe and ok to use right up to harvest with cannabis apparently with no taste or health issues according to Ed Rosenthal (Ask Ed) and other info I've found on it, but ya I hear ya, at the same time it still is close and I would prefer to not spray anything of course. Need to weigh my options :(

:flood:

OK I've gone over all of the plants, and only found, and cut off, a total of 5 leaflets off the two super c's closest to finishing, nothing on anything else. Overall I may be panicking for nothing and I'm gonna hold off on the Serenade and see if the problems stops after a flush. It is strange that though that they were all from near the tops of buds.

One thing that I corrected a few days ago is that I had the 2nd oscillating fan plugged into the timer side of the power bar and only the one oscillating fan on with lights off (that doesnt reach well everywhere). I thought about it and decided they should have both fans on at all times to ensure good circulation even with lights off. I maybe should have done that sooner. At the same time, it kinda pisses me off that there may be more nasty spores floating around (even more than there are normally) my grow area.

It will be 9 weeks tomorrow since sprout and the Super C's and one Sweet Mango are looking like another 1-1.5 weeks until ripe so I'm going to be safe and flush them tomorrow with the DNF Clear as per instructions of "Soak media thoroughly one week prior to harvest", give em one more flush 3-4 days later and say "fuck you" to any fungus (if that is what it is) and get these pretty ladies hanging..Shhh..don't tell em..it's a secret :yahoo:

Sure looks like bud rot colour but on the leafs. I only had it once and it was inside a bud but it was the same colour. But it does not seem bad and you soon harvest. Hold on a little bit longer and you will be rewarded. Not only with nice buds but also with a good nights sleep without worrying about the girls

;)

Thanks for the input brother :) I hear ya about sleeping..I had a terrible sleep last night..wonder why? lol I've done some more research and it doesn't look or sound like Botrytis aka bud rot. The leaf material isn't dry or crumbly, or hair like like laundry lint as Jorges Cervantes puts it. It does sound very much like something called "black spot fungus". From the google book preview for "Hemp Diseases and Pests: Management and Biological Control: An Advanced Treatise By J. M. McPartland, Robert Connel" I found a perfect description of what the plants seem to have.

"Black Spot disease is characterized by small dark pustules of fungal growth. Pustules reach a finite size (less than 2 mm) and become covered in black conidia" Here's the link with the page if anyone is interested in reading more. http://books.google....annabis&f=false

Oh almost forgot to add that it is easily spread by pets fur..hmm I wonder who could be the culprit? No more trips into the tent for Mr. Kush kitty no matter how much he loves the leaves! lol

Thanks again for the reassurance :)

well i hope if you come to the point where you use it you will not feel it o the buds ;)

did yoiu take pics of it on the plant? would hlp to see where it happens maybe

Have a good grow

Ya me too Dust, I really don't like the idea of spraying now, but this stuff is supposed to be pretty good for food products even, and the last thing I want is to lose any plants at this stage, especially after my first grow :P So plan is, drop wife off at work, get bottle of Serenade from hydro store (not going to spray yet, but want to have it on hand so I can right away if needed), when lights come on see if any new sites have popped up, flush the two affected super C's (the 3rd Super C with the big fat cola shows no signs of problems and isn't as mature as the other 2 so gonna leave her for now) and the Sweet Mango © (which is looking just fine but should be ready for harvest in 1-1.5 weeks also :)), trim any unneccessary or unhealthy leaves to promote air circulation, roll a fatty and hope for the best!!

I will try and get a few pictures from the buds where they came from, and if anymore sites pop up I will take a picture before running for the scissors lol

This is from the actual companies website. This is the part that I really paid attention too. The rest of the info is pretty good too, sounds like a good product with good feedback from users online as well as the hydro store owner. Again, let's hope it stays on my shelf!!

THANKS GUYS FOR THE INPUT & FOR MAKING ME FEEL A BIT BETTER!

QUICK QUESTION..WOULD AFTER FLUSH, NOW, BE THE RIGHT TIME TO REMOVE SOME FAN LEAVES IN PREPARATION FOR HARVEST? OR TOO EARLY?

Here's the Serenade info..

"Worker Safety & Flexibility

SERENADE is safe for workers with just a 4-hour restricted entry interval. Its 0-day preharvest interval makes SERENADE an excellent tool for late season disease problems, right up to and including the day of harvest.

Environmental Stewardship

SERENADE is compatible with IPM programs. It is non-toxic to beneficial insects, mites, bees and other non-target organisms."

http://www.agraquest...erenade-aso.php