Second grow - 600W HPS + LED's - GHSC: Fully automatic - NL. Sweet Mango, Super Critical

Smokeythabear

wow congratz man that is some beautiful plants you had there, and i like the dry box clean and tidy :)

I hope it will make some great smoke but from the look they have they should be just fine :)

You're sure about the pic of your face if your country is not really cool be careful ;)

Thanks for that nice update man was a good journal and i hope we'll see more of them :)

Have a good grow

Thanks for your kind words Dust, it was great to have you along as always, and stay tuned! I think they best is still yet to come with the remaining plants :)!

I'm planning on getting a small tent and setting it up with a carbon filter and fans etc for drying but for now $$ meant this was all I could do lol.

As for the face picture, I have a legal growing licence to grow for myself medicinally from the Canadian government so I'm ok with the face picture and comfortable with my security measures otherwise, but thanks for watching out for me..I wouldn't put my face picture up if not for my licence trust me..although they are trying to take away our right to grow by April 2014..there is a bit of an uproar since apparently 65% of legal medical users in Canada grow their own. But here's the thing..the government gets no tax revenue from us growing so screw the medical user the government says. They instead want to have commercialization of the medical industry and force us to get our medicine, (again MEDIOCRE) through mail order. Trust me, I've done mail order via Natural Order here in Canada, it's crap, if you can even get it on time..last order I placed the Canadian mail service lost for over 2 weeks and Natural Order refused to send me a replacement, another order was full of mold, and most often the grade is mediocre. I've since told their president what I think of his so called "service to ill Canadians". Nevermind that it cost's $300/ oz for decent medical grade green here..then add taxes to that?? Absolutely ridiculous..but welcome to our current government that is all about the mighty $$ and screw the lower-middle class.

With that rant done LOL..you will definitely see more grow journals to come from me including the next one being my Cup grow..SLH & Trainwreck SCROG :) Can't wait to get em started!!

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas my friend :santaclaus:

PEACE

Edited by Smokeythabear
  • Like 1

hey bro, damn man great job it looks like those plant really treated you well!!! what's you take now after doing both would you say auto's are worth while i know i asked you before but now that some are harvested it'd be cool to know what your opinion is ?

hey bro, damn man great job it looks like those plant really treated you well!!! what's you take now after doing both would you say auto's are worth while i know i asked you before but now that some are harvested it'd be cool to know what your opinion is ?

Hey man, thanks for stopping by and enjoying :) I've concluded without a doubt that auto's are definitely worth it. From yield (numbers will come once I am sure buds are dry enough for long term cure), from experience of ease growing them, speed, and finally initial potency from initial testing I would say that anyone who grows should give em a try at least once or twice! They've definitely exceeded my expectations. I'm really looking forward to harvesting the 2 Northern Lights since they have become favourites and are very resinous :) I will save a final smoke/vape report for when they have cured a bit but so far both the aroma and flavours are very promising! The mango that is now curing definitely has a mango + sour milk smell that GHSC flavor wheel indicates and in the volcano it is already oh so tasty. The Super C's are more complex with a fruity, sweet sour, flowery/spiciness to them. I am really looking forward to some cure time!

Helllo

I had not yet passed through here that variety I like about you too sweet mango is the big

good job

peace & smoke

Hi Miminexus thanks for stopping in great to see you! I understand what you mean so many awesome grows to look at and not enough time :P I've got 2 more Sweet mangos to harvest in the next week as well..what a nice strain to grow/smell/smoke :)

Peace guys!

Hello again friends, it's update flood time! Since last post lots has been happening still. If you scroll over pictures they are named and mostly self explanatory I think. I've included pictures of the drying/curing Sweet mango buds from the one that has been cut, the Super Critical auto I just cut and trimmed (which has a VERY different smell than the other 2 Super C. autos..much more medicinal and for now to be honest not yet pleasant :P), the remaining tent plants with the huge Sweet Mango lounging spread out in the back right corner, and a few shots of the big Northern Lights cola..she will be harvested any day now :)

On a side note, I'm on my way to the seed shop tomorrow to pick up seeds for THE CUP! I'm going to plant 3 Trainwreck, and 3 Super Lemon Haze, then grow out the best 4 in the tent in a SCROG like my first grow. As well, the order that I placed with my "secret weapons" was shipped today and should be here shortly in time for me to start :biggrin: and I've got a few other upgrades I'm considering. As much as I've enjoyed this auto grow I've been itching to get my Cup grow started.

Next update will be the harvest of the big Northern Lights, followed by the 2 sweet mango's and the remaining little super cropped (accidentally lol) Northern Lights. I am pretty sure she is going to surprise a few people like she has surprised me with her 3 fair size main colas :)

PEACE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR to fellow strainhunters and GHSC!

22/12/12

- Last night, finally made 2nd batch of bubble hash from the Moby dick from last grow. Got a nice amount of very high quality bubble from 15 mins of mixing. After looking at the bud material left over with the led microscope I probably could have mixed it longer and gotten a bit more, but it’s nice high quality so I’m happy.

- Checked super c buds (cut 6 days ago curing in jar) under LED, no fungus etc. they look awesome!

- Last night, after 24 hrs drying @ avge 23 °C & 40-45 % rH the drying buds were moved upstairs to 2nd stage drying room (spare bedroom) w/ temp of 16 – 17 °C (blocked heating vent in room) & rH @ 52-58% (added humidifier and set to 55%) to slow down drying and allow all the pigments and chlorophyll to break down before jarring for long term curing.

- Made batch of bubble w/ the trim from the 3 harvested plants. Got a decent amount but it looks like I over mixed it as there’s lots of green colour to it. It has a nice fragrance and smokes nicely despite this. I can taste the two strains mixed in together it’s pretty decent for effect as well.

24/12/12

Watered Sweet Mango (A) w/5 L r/o (@pH 6.3 & temp. 20°C)

Cal Mag Plus @ 1 mL/L x 5 = 5 mL

Carbo @ 0.3 g/L x 5 = 1.5 g

DNF Bloom Fortifier powder (0-50-30) @ 0.125 mL/L x 5 L = 0.625 mL

DNF Enhance @ 1 mL/L x 5 L = 5 mL

DNF Green @ 2 mL/L x 5 L = 10 mL

GHSC Hybrid Powderfeed @1 g/L x5 = 5 g

Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 5 = 0.625 mL

Watered Super C © w/10 L r/o ( @ 6.0 pH & temp 21°C) – Will harvest in next day or two

Cal-Mag @ 0.3 mL/L x 4L = 1.2 mL

Sweet Mango (B) w/5 L r/o +(@ 6.3 pH & Temp: 20°C )

Cal Mag Plus @ 0.6 mL/L x 5 = 3 mL

Carbo @ 0.3 g/L x 5 = 1.5 g

DNF Bloom Fortifier @ 0.11 (0-50-30) @ 0.125 mL/L x 5= 0.625 mL

Advanced Nutrients Overdrive @ 1 mL/L x5 =5 mL

GHSC Powderfeed @ 0.7 g/L x 5 = 3.5 g

Potassium Silicate @ 0.125 mL/L x 5 = 0.625 mL

- Flushed Northern Lights (A) w/10 L r/o ( @ 6.0 pH & temp 21°C) - 1st final flush

Cal-Mag @ 0.3 mL/L x 10L = 3 mL

DNF Clear @ 2.5 mL/L x 10 L = 25Ml

25/12/12

- HARVESTED SUPER CRITICAL AUTO ©. She is hung and trimmed in the basement @ approx. 40% rH & 22 °C for 24-48 hrs before I will move her into the 2nd stage drying room @ 60% rH and 16-18 °C to slow down the drying process. She got water 24 hrs before harvest so she is a bit wet which will help slow down the drying process a little as well.

- Main cola weighed in at 39 g’s wet

26/12/12

- Moved Super Critical C upstairs for second stage drying

- Jars of curing bud continue to be burped regularly

- Flushed NL (B) w/ 10 L r/o (@ 6.0 pH & Temp: 20°C) – 2nd final flush

Cal-Mag Plus @ 0.3 mL/L x 10 L = 3 mL

DNF Clear @ 2.5 mL/L x 10 L = 25 mL

27/12/12

- Approximately 8 weeks flowering & 11 weeks total from seed for the plants that remain

- Flushed Mango A w/10 L r/o ( @ 6.0 pH & temp 19°C) – 1st final flush

DNF Clear @ 2.5 mL/L x 10 L = 25mL

- Flushed Mango (B) w/10 L r/o ( @ 6.0 pH & temp 19°C) - 1st final flush

DNF Clear @ 4 mL/L x 10 L = 40mL

- Flushed Northern Lights (A) w/10 L r/o ( @ 6.0 pH & temp 19°C) - 2nd final flush

DNF Clear @ 5 mL/L x 10 L = 50 mL

post-14382-0-11262900-1356736998.jpg

post-14382-0-31786800-1356736999.jpg

post-14382-0-80485900-1356737001.jpg

post-14382-0-85894500-1356737002.jpg

post-14382-0-00020100-1356737004.jpg

post-14382-0-29673300-1356737005.jpg

post-14382-0-33272100-1356737006.jpg

post-14382-0-46391900-1356737007.jpg

post-14382-0-54030700-1356737008.jpg

post-14382-0-40115900-1356737009.jpg

post-14382-0-67537400-1356737025.jpg

• Like 2

beautibeautibeautiful girls in the room man, lots of very colas!! :) And the drying girls are looking pretty too, sweet mango is very sweet :)

Thanks for that pretty update man looks like you're gonna have lots of good smoke soon ^^

I really appreciate the kind words, I am very happy if any of the information can help you. Please keep in mind if you do use my journal as a guide that this was my second grow and there was definitely room for improvement. One thing, I think I was a little light on the nutrients for awhile for a few of the plants, although towards the end I was able to correct this somewhat and give them what they wanted. Please pay close attention to where I think I made mistakes and to later posts where I've tried to indicate where I think I've went wrong or could have improved things, so it pays to read a bit ahead in this case. Also the specific environment and conditions that you have in your grow room (lights, ventilation, CO2 or no CO2, temperature, humidity, nutrients, medium used to grow in etc.) will all affect what should be done and when..I'm sure you already understand this though :) Best of luck with your room!

Peace

thanks for the interest and for the advice. About the sweetmango I read in the report that the nutrients can be increased, and it would be nice to see the total EC of the solution, as well as the components in detail.Very interesting the efforts you have made to explain all the possible problems and solutions. Interact with the girls as it should be!

keep growing

• Like 1

man a great job the bud's look nice and frosty !!!! hard to believe just by looking at it that this is only your second grow!!!!! a great job altogether i am interested in the fact that you used powderfeeding inconjuction with all those other products one day we should meet up and talk nutrient schedules, for the past year i have spend most of my time working on building my yeilds through techniques only and using a basic line of nutes that's relyable like powderfeeding or floranova just all and one products and thats it and now that i am getting satisfied with my efforts in that department i wanna branch out and start working on increasing quality and trying different nutrient soloutions to see what works best for me but with all the products its can be kinda hard to figure out how to get started i was thinking of just starting with advanced products because they seem to have a good response from alot of people but i will figure it out anyways bro message me when you got the time!!

• Like 1

beautibeautibeautiful girls in the room man, lots of very colas!! :) And the drying girls are looking pretty too, sweet mango is very sweet :)

Thanks for that pretty update man looks like you're gonna have lots of good smoke soon ^^

Thanks Dust :) it's hard to believe that's only 3 plants in there now..1 being the little northern lights..and there used to be 8 in there! The remaining plants seem to have benefited from the extra room/air/light etc. I hear ya, the sweet mango that I harvested only 10 days ago is already showing flavor and potency in the volcano and I know it will only get better. I had a little before going to the supermarket and kept forgetting what I was looking for or what aisle I was looking for..luckily it seems to be a great mood up-lifter and all I could do was smile at the funny situation :biggrin:

NIce clean grow dude - excellent results hope they smoked as good as they looked :)

Thanks bro..I appreciate the kind words...they need more time to dry/cure but initial testing has big wide smiles over here :)

thanks for the interest and for the advice. About the sweetmango I read in the report that the nutrients can be increased, and it would be nice to see the total EC of the solution, as well as the components in detail.Very interesting the efforts you have made to explain all the possible problems and solutions. Interact with the girls as it should be!

keep growing

No problem man, I'm happy to help if I can. I agree it would have been awesome to have been able to post the EC of the solutions but to be honest I'm finally going out to purchase one next week..so I have to apologize for not being able to provide that...I know would have been a lot more helpful :P All future grows of course will now have the EC posted of course. YA as for the explanations of problems and my thought process I find it helps me to be able to go back and see what I was thinking..I don't always have the best memory LOL..and just numbers won't always paint a bigger picture for me of what the hell I may have been thinking :) As for the Sweet Mango's (A & B), I definitely could have fed them more towards the middle of the grow..I think I may have started them a tiny bit heavy at the beginning..then overcompensated by underfeeding them quite significantly for a little while I think. They could have definitely handled as much as Mango © that was harvested first and possibly as much as the large Northern Lights (A). Hope that helps a little..the letters of the plants can be confusing even to me :P Best of luck with your plants..let me know when you have them started so I can grab a seat!

man a great job the bud's look nice and frosty !!!! hard to believe just by looking at it that this is only your second grow!!!!! a great job altogether i am interested in the fact that you used powderfeeding inconjuction with all those other products one day we should meet up and talk nutrient schedules, for the past year i have spend most of my time working on building my yeilds through techniques only and using a basic line of nutes that's relyable like powderfeeding or floranova just all and one products and thats it and now that i am getting satisfied with my efforts in that department i wanna branch out and start working on increasing quality and trying different nutrient soloutions to see what works best for me but with all the products its can be kinda hard to figure out how to get started i was thinking of just starting with advanced products because they seem to have a good response from alot of people but i will figure it out anyways bro message me when you got the time!!

Thanks brother..it's always nice to see you happy with my work :) I'm pretty happy with my results, but as you said it is only my second grow and I still feel like I made some rookie mistakes..ie. not drilling more holes for drainage which led to some brown roots as you could see in the pictures...and some other mistakes as well :P But, I'm happy the plants were forgiving again..and happy that I definitely learned quite a few things that I'm hoping to carry and not forget. How could I forget with the worlds longest grow journal LOL..just a little obsessed with growing :biggrin: Bro I'm pretty confident that with your knowledge of what the plants need and growing that you won't have too much trouble starting to explore nutrients more. For me it seemed to start by adding a bit here and a bit there. I try to stay well under the recommended dosage in most cases and prefer to give them a little each water+feed as opposed to giving them a higher concentration every second water+feed. And the main thing I think about when I purchase something is "Do I understand what this stuff is for and what it is going to do to/for my plants?" I want to know more than just "It's gonna grow monster buds!" lol..you know what I'm saying. There are so many cool sounding products that I want to check out but I have to definitely watch I don't go into the overkill zone. I imagine you can easily get a level where plants just can only use so much and genetically give back so much and then you are either wasting money or maybe even getting negative instead of positive results with the overload. ALMOST FORGOT..ya I've had good results with Advanced Nutrients B-52 & their Overdrive..If I was going to try another line of nutes I would probably look there too. And ya dude I really would like to get together and just throw ideas and shit back and forth..my wife is SO tired of me trying to bounce ideas and shit off of her!! LOL And I can talk about it all day everyday :music: Thanks again for sitting through this one..still got some more to show yet..and still trimming!! got the one mango to finish this afternoon :P

This was a nice surprise back from holiday and all

:)

And you deserve a well done, not only because of the nice outcome but also for keeping them until the leafs was yellowing. Not many growers does that

:)

Brother Tokage..great to hear from ya..I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Ya I really want to work on timing my flushes properly to try and get as much chlorophyll out of em and the roots and buds as clean from nutes as I can. I had one mango that I wish I could have gotten more yellow but the slow dry and proper cure will help. With my tent free I can use it to dry the remaining plants without smelling my house up :) And with the rh raised back to 55-60%, temp 18-19 degrees C I should be able to dry them nice and slow and proper.

Just finishing trimming the last plant, gotta get my seeds soaked overnight for the Cup, and then I will get to posting the remaining pictures of the final plants. I will say the big sweet mango is gonna be a crazy yield..her buds took up one entire dry box..she is like 2 plants in one lol

PEACE

Edited by Smokeythabear
  • Like 2

yeah bro i am thinking of trying this new company out called Green planet they have a line similar to advanced nutrients but they sell tester packages for cheap.

they are also like way cheaper then advanced for apperently the same product's but i have been hearing great reviews on there gear check this bundle out.

Green garden's take it and grow starter pack!!!

http://monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=52_163&product_id=1464

The kit includes:

1- Hydro Fuel Grow A - 500ml - similar to advanced sensi grow A&B

1- Hydro Fuel Grow B - 500ml

1- Hydro Fuel Bloom A - 500ml - similar to advanced sensi bloom a&b

1- Hydro Fuel Bloom B - 500ml

1- Aussie Tonic - 500ml - suppose to be better then advanced B1

1- Pro Cal - 500ml

1- Root Builder - 500ml - similar to voodoo juice

1- Liquid W-8 - 500ml - supposidly like a combination of the F1 honey and bud candy

1- Massive - 500ml - similar to big bud

1-Finisher - 500ml - similar to overdrive

Zyme Caps- 10caps - supposively better then sensizyme and has a longer shelf life because its in a capsule so the enzimes arent activated until you put them in the water. 1 cap is good for 10 L's

that hole package is online 55$ american plus shipping and handling all together it comes out to like 80$. most starter kits bottle's are only 8 ounces but this company gives pints or 500ml's bottles. so you get 10 500ml bottles of product plus 10 enzime capsle's for less then the price of 1 L of advanced voodoo juice. so i am thinking i am gonna give them a chance because thats if its as good as the review's i have been seeing from a bunch of different websites it will save me alot of money in the long run.

and for you as well smokey since you grow decent sized plants and probably go through a decent amount of nutes another thing this comany seem's to be great on is its prices all around for exsample a 1 L container of overdrive from advanced online is 34.95$ us , Green planets equivilant is called finnisher and a 1 L bottle goes for only 21.45$. the 4L of overdrive from advanced online is $106.68 and the 4L of finnisher from green planet is $72.65.

so yeah man i am interested in trying both i am gonna set up a big nutrient test for my next grow, i e-mailed advanced to see if they sell small starter kits but i am gonna definatly buy the green planet one and i will use that on 1 plant the advanced with the other then compare the results to just powderfeeding alone i have wanted to do this to see if powderfeeding can stand up to the full assult of bloom enhancers and what not. i have asked franco before if i should use a bloom enhancer with ppowderfeeding and he said just powderfeeding and water so i figure someone should test that theory out.

• Like 1

Man these Autos are no joke ! Wonderful structure pretty colors, frosty buds - I thought one was a Moby Dick Waiting for smoke reports but so far I bet the Super critical + sweet Mango are shining stars, NLAutos may be as good but just not exactly my favorite strain-aroma wise- but hey yours may taste + hit different than what o grew in summer. I was a bit tired of autos by then, but next summer i awnt to stop indoors for 2 months or so and grow some Autos outside and see what's happening. The Super Crit is booked 4 that, so please let me know if the Mango hits as sweet as the smell. Mango is of course one of my favorite fruits ...

I see no mistakes here, a good sign so many leaves turn yellow - shows they did release all of their potential..Enjoy and I'll take a chair 4 your upcoming CUP journal.

• Like 1

@ Greeno..thanks for all of that info bro! That definitely sounds like a line to look into if you want to do some mixing and experimenting, a package that I may consider after seeing what it does for ya :) I'm looking forward to mixing a few less nutes my cup grow myself..especially with school again :P But ya I enjoy playing around with the additives and seeing results happen fast..not so much when my playing around leads to negative results fast, but we wouldn't learn if not for our mistakes :)

Man these Autos are no joke ! Wonderful structure pretty colors, frosty buds - I thought one was a Moby Dick Waiting for smoke reports but so far I bet the Super critical + sweet Mango are shining stars, NLAutos may be as good but just not exactly my favorite strain-aroma wise- but hey yours may taste + hit different than what o grew in summer. I was a bit tired of autos by then, but next summer i awnt to stop indoors for 2 months or so and grow some Autos outside and see what's happening. The Super Crit is booked 4 that, so please let me know if the Mango hits as sweet as the smell. Mango is of course one of my favorite fruits ...

I see no mistakes here, a good sign so many leaves turn yellow - shows they did release all of their potential..Enjoy and I'll take a chair 4 your upcoming CUP journal.

Hi Bam..thanks for taking time outta your Cup grow to stop in and for the nice words :) Ya that Super Critical cola was pretty damn big..unfortunately I made 2 mistakes with it. #1, I gave her way too sloppy of a manicure leaving lots of green leaves (chlorophyll) & #2 I let the humidity get too low in the basement & the temp too high and thought I could let her dry for 24-36 hrs there before moving upstairs where it was more humid. This was a mistake that I will not repeat as the buds were dry enough for jars in 2.5 - 3 days and too crispy..the smell..also not nearly as nice it should have been from the smell before drying. I think they will be ok with a good cure as the smell is already becoming more pleasant but I'm sure they will never be what they could have been :P It is lucky I was more careful with the other 2 Super C's when drying and trimming, and I have many more nice big colas from the others that dried slowly. And I have definitely learned my lesson. Since then & from now on I will dry plants at 55% -60% rH & 18-20 degrees C. The big Northern Lights just took a nice 5.5 days to dry before I put her in jars to be opened/burped every couple hrs right now with a good airing out in the morning.

So far from initial tests vaporizing..both the Mango and the Super Critical are turning into very potent plants with the Super C a more heavy hitter just like the GHSC Effects chart says. I'm finding the mango is great for daytime or afternoon..laughing at movies etc..not the easiest to concentrate or focus much on though but it is great to uplift your mood, helps me with pain and to relax physically and mentally basically, with a definite psychedelic twist, but without knocking me out..love it so far! And the taste and smell are light mango (increasing more with time) and that sour milk kinda smell (not in a bad way lol..unique)..but when you crush a nug open it becomes very fruity but still has that green weed smell taste from needing a good cure. With time she is going to be wonderfully sweeet..and loads of crystals as you've seen. The big Sweet mango I just cut 2 days ago smelled HUGELY of mango towards the end, probably because I let her finish and the trichomes were about 80%-85% milky at finish :) Wow..here I go on again forever..I will say of the Super C quickly that it is more sour & spicey flowery right now..VERY cool aroma developing and POWERFUL! I won't even go into what happens when you mix the 2 together in the Volcano! And the Northern will have to wait for another day for initial thoughts.

I'm just finishing manicuring the last cola of the last plant 2 days after initial cut :P Then I will have final harvest pictures..hopefully tomorrow. Got my cup journal entry to work on too!! and jars to open..and weed to be smoked..

Peace :sungum:

Cool ! Sounds good to me. Not that much a fan of the too fruity strains. I love fruits, but this is Herbs business..lol . I can see why people love Bubble Gum or Pink Grapefruit etc. but I want that typical carrot smell if you know what I mean - jamaican sens-i in herbs or thar fruity Haze smell of the White Widow are what makes my taste buds tingle most..lol

Mango might be an exception .

Just placed an order on the Super Critical Auto and 2 packs od Color Code Indicas - Trainwreck, White Widow + White Rhino are in both, so I will grow 2 of those plus El Nino, Lemon Skunk, AMS, Church + Cheese...lol

One grow and nuff phenos..sounds like FUN 2 me..

• Like 2

Cool ! Sounds good to me. Not that much a fan of the too fruity strains. I love fruits, but this is Herbs business..lol . I can see why people love Bubble Gum or Pink Grapefruit etc. but I want that typical carrot smell if you know what I mean - jamaican sens-i in herbs or thar fruity Haze smell of the White Widow are what makes my taste buds tingle most..lol

Mango might be an exception .

Just placed an order on the Super Critical Auto and 2 packs od Color Code Indicas - Trainwreck, White Widow + White Rhino are in both, so I will grow 2 of those plus El Nino, Lemon Skunk, AMS, Church + Cheese...lol

One grow and nuff phenos..sounds like FUN 2 me..

I'm not much for fruity strains usually either as I don't find that they pack enough punch but this Sweet Mango auto is worth it for the smell and taste (even so far with little curing) AND she packs a really nice punch too. I'm having a difficult time choosing a favorite between her and Super C (A) & (B)..Super C © I haven't even tried yet..she is the one I dried too quickly and smells a lot of cedar and something else I can't put my finger on..hope a long cure brings out something nice in her.

That sounds like one damn nice line-up of strains to me!!..wish I had room for them all in my garden :

So here are the yields so far for the first 4 plants that were harvested which are completely dry and smokeable.

06/01/13

WEIGH IN:

Super Critical Auto ©: 40 g

Super Critical Auto (B): 49 g

Super Critical Auto (A): 53 g

Sweet Mango Auto ©: 50 g

I think I could have went a longer on the Super C (A) & (B) for sure to build up weight in buds, and maybe a tiny bit longer on the Mango © but overall I'm happy with the yields considering they are autos and I know where I could have improved :) I'm going to guess that the Northern Lights (A) plant is going to be the biggest yielder..I'm going to guess at 75 g's anyways..but I will have to wait to see as she is still a little wet for weigh in.

The huge mango (A) isn't going to yield as much as I first thought. The buds did not turn out as dense as they could have if I had not underfed her for a little while. Playing catch up with auto's is very difficult with such a short lifespan :P Oh well, I hope the smoke is good and she will still be a decent yield..just not as big as I thought.

I'm going to include a picture of each of the plants that I've given yield for so you don't have to scroll back through to find them to refresh your memory..just scroll over the pictures. So these pictures are the 4 first harvested plants, the final 4 harvest pictures will come soon I hope :) I need to sort through them and decide which of the 100 or so pictures to post :P

post-14382-0-62249000-1357504353.jpg

post-14382-0-81691500-1357504355.jpg

post-14382-0-09157700-1357504357.jpg

post-14382-0-35300300-1357504358.jpg

• Like 1

congratz man 50g average on auto girls is not that bad and as you said when you'll do good what you did wrong this time they will be even better newt time ;)

But at least they look god damn frosty and were healthy till the last days it seems, very nice leaves and buds

Thanks for the news man i'll be waiting for the harvest pics ;)

You get more from Autos than me from photos..lol The branching brings out more stems with large Colas. Seems I have to tie down some side branches next time. Like that i always get a nice top crown and the rest is more or less smaller nuggets - approx 35 to 45 grms average yield so far, Some bring a bit more some a bit less ; but as long as the quality is there I don't care.

Think I stick to the 6 new seedlings (damnesia, Tropical Ice + Misterion (own strain) and grow 4 Hybrids from the color Code Mix next - 10 plants is maximum at once for me, as well. The Autos will go outside and so I can grow out the Indicas + Trainwreck, Lemon Skunk + White widow on the next run. To use up the Hybrid Powder Feeding first. CHURCh (2 seeds) Cheese + A.M.S are all labeled as Hybrids-? plus either the EL Nino or White Rhino with Afghan genetics as well...Hope I get a 100 5 germination rate ..

Smokeythabear: About the cedar taste in the auto critical. I had a very hard time to define the taste, was so hard to put a finger on it. I have to be honest and say i do not like the taste that much. It was ok but nothing special. But the power that auto had was impressive. If you cure her for a very long time she will be a little better in the taste. I just smoke a nug from my old stash.

bIt had been curing cold for a year and a few month. The taste was smoother and the smoke went down easy with no cough. But i still could not say what she taste...

That's just it, it is only the Super Critical © plant that was harvested last that I'm referring to. The other 2 (Super C's (A) & (B) that were harvested earlier are really starting to smell and taste wonderful!! They are quickly developing a very sour combined with flowery smell/taste that really comes out in the volcano and is pretty awesome imo. So it may possibly have something to do with how long you let them go, it is possible I may have left plant © just a little too long, or maybe a different pheno? Anyways, it's all good, and from what you've said about your long cured nug I will just give her time :) Thanks for the input bro

congratz man 50g average on auto girls is not that bad and as you said when you'll do good what you did wrong this time they will be even better newt time ;)

But at least they look god damn frosty and were healthy till the last days it seems, very nice leaves and buds

Thanks for the news man i'll be waiting for the harvest pics ;)

Thanks Dust! Ya I won't complain with that for auto's, and the largest yielders are yet to weigh in, I'm going to say the big northern lights and the big sweet mango (A) will be at least 75 g's each when dry..the 3rd and last mango (B) will probably be about 50 g's like the others with the small cropped, but possibly the prettiest, northern lights plant maybe giving 40 g's with her 3 big cola's. We will see!! :biggrin:

I will of course be providing bud porn once they have had a little curing, and I still have to get the pictures of the final 4 plants that were harvested up hopefully tonight if all goes well.

EDIT: about how healthy they look, don't be deceived I remove leaves that are more than 50% dead.

PEACE

• Like 1

You get more from Autos than me from photos..lol The branching brings out more stems with large Colas. Seems I have to tie down some side branches next time. Like that i always get a nice top crown and the rest is more or less smaller nuggets - approx 35 to 45 grms average yield so far, Some bring a bit more some a bit less ; but as long as the quality is there I don't care.

Think I stick to the 6 new seedlings (damnesia, Tropical Ice + Misterion (own strain) and grow 4 Hybrids from the color Code Mix next - 10 plants is maximum at once for me, as well. The Autos will go outside and so I can grow out the Indicas + Trainwreck, Lemon Skunk + White widow on the next run. To use up the Hybrid Powder Feeding first. CHURCh (2 seeds) Cheese + A.M.S are all labeled as Hybrids-? plus either the EL Nino or White Rhino with Afghan genetics as well...Hope I get a 100 5 germination rate ..

Ya I'm more about overall yield than one giant cola, although I definitely appreciate them and I'm sure I will eventually be all over growing some. Just a little tying here and there really seems to help open them up. The only thing I found is that when tied and opened up they very quickly want to take over the entire grow space lol..I would have tied more but as you will see soon with the big mango, I had to stake and tie it upright with bamboo cause it was getting heavy with buds and sprawling everywhere. It would be awesome to have more space and be able to really open up a few plants to see what kind of yield I could get out of them with my gear..but since my walls join with a neighbours walls, growing outside a tent without a carbon filter is just not gonna happen :P Just having 3 plants drying in the house had it pretty damn dank! :spiteful:

I'm looking forward to seeing that line up of plants bro..I hope you get 100% germination from them too!

Finally time to post the final 4 plant harvest! I'm going to post 4 posts, one at a time for each plant so that they can easily be identified (without me labeling the pictures lol..sorry short on time guys), and so it isn't just one big massive post as I'm having difficulty narrowing down my favourite pictures.

So we will start with a group shot of the last 3 plants harvested (the big Northern Lights will be in it's own post), & Sweet Mango (A) my big auto that could have been much more spectacular had I not misjudged feeding her mid grow :P Live and learn :)

You will notice that she is missing LOTS of leaves, this is because I removed all of the larger and yellowing/dying leaves the night before

I will keep this thread open once the posts are done as I will post a few more updates with cured bud porn and smoke reports :biggrin:

Enjoy the pictures friends!

PEACE

post-14382-0-43685900-1357657561.jpg

post-14382-0-03579000-1357657573.jpg

post-14382-0-31436500-1357657828.jpg

post-14382-0-86840000-1357657829.jpg

post-14382-0-02509500-1357657831.jpg

post-14382-0-27880500-1357657832.jpg

post-14382-0-34722200-1357657833.jpg

post-14382-0-26716000-1357657834.jpg

post-14382-0-35575700-1357657835.jpg

post-14382-0-36151400-1357657836.jpg

post-14382-0-40144800-1357657837.jpg

post-14382-0-43947400-1357657838.jpg

• Like 1

Next we have Sweet Mango (B) who smells a lot of mango/guava but with more spiciness than her sisters and I think she is going to be a favourite. She was the last to be trimmed and hung for 1.5-2 days with only large fan leaves removed before I could get to trimming her which turned out to be advantageous in the end as it slowed and improved the drying process extending the dry to 5-6 days from 4-5 which seems to have greatly improved the buds initial condition after drying allowing them to draw in and compact more. I will be hanging plants in this manner for 1-2 days without removing leaves from now on. It is cool that not having time to trim them led to this realization!

2 more posts to come later today..time for class :P

Enjoy!

post-14382-0-56413800-1357658890.jpg

post-14382-0-69522500-1357658891.jpg

post-14382-0-74419500-1357658892.jpg

post-14382-0-90290400-1357658893.jpg

post-14382-0-00389000-1357658895.jpg

post-14382-0-39627500-1357658896.jpg

post-14382-0-64533800-1357658897.jpg

• Like 2