farnzworth

What to do?

8 posts in this topic

Hey all! What is the best strain to use under 400W HPS lamps? I have both veg. and bloom. And i like all skunk plants :cool:

I forgot they'll be going in the basement where there is a night temp. of about 16 degrees C in the night! Is that a problem? They will be under 18 hours a day on, and 6 off untill the last two weeks, i will turn the cycle down gradually and they wont be fertilized but just watered!

Is it be a good idea to let the plants suffer from light stress in the last couple of days? less or no lights at all?

Not sure what to suggest about the strain to use, it depends really what you like and how much time/space etc you have. Regarding the temperature I think that 16C is a bit low during night, I always try to not make it fall below 20C, but I know quite a bit of growers that don't consider this factor and make good growth still. Remember that if you try to flower them giving them 18 hours a day, they'll never flower :cool: Also, regarding the fact of not giving light the last two days, I read different forum posts and articles that claim it helps to increase the production of trichomes in the plant giving it an overall stronger effect (this is with no lights at all). I personally never tried, so I can't tell you for sure that this works, but it's surely something I'd be interested in discovering (going to do this with my actual grow).

Have a good grow.

1 person likes this

yeah all strain will grow under 400w ;)

But if you love skunk, i suggest you try the Exodus Cheese if you haven't grown her yet ;)

EXCELENT smoke! and grow! ;)

Cheers

if you plan on staying with 18 hrs light and 6 dark right through then an autoflower would be better for you in my oppinion,why just 18/6 why no 12/12 just curious thats all

1 person likes this

As they said you need either autoflowering strain for your tactic or you need to use 12/12 for last 8-14 weeks depending on strain choice.