RED BULL STRATOS

Dust

yes he did it, about 4minutes 20 seconds of Freefall ( so he didn't break world record of 4minutes 36) but he broke the record of fastest freefall jump, normally should have passe the sound speed, and he also broke highest freefall jump. think it was at 39 000m more than 120 000feet i think.

Can't wait to see a more advanced vdeo with suits camera and from the capsule, must have some amazing shot of the planet.

hahaha, pretty amazing yes, was live in german tv. Internet was always some seconds behind surprisingly.

He was simply too fast to beat that time record i think. Maybe nextime a redbull wingsuit must be tuned for him lol :D

Not only that it gives you wings, you can go serious speeds on it too it seems.

Iam sceptic, i want see his siut cam not some ground moppe cam, it loked like it fake. Ye, think all, but red bull must get cash too for suit cams on is siut. It looked like one mission in cod 4 for me, noc then he appear... strange. More cams please.

One more he reach 1200 it's sonic boom, i don't saw that... iwant to see how he did it. :)

it's only me.

Maybe there will be videos of the fall, he had a cam on helmet and at his breast pack.

The reasons for no live fall video could be several... The speed? The fact that he could have get hurt?

There was some voice transmitted during fall but i think with about 1000 km/h there will be some delay.

The free fall looks so weird because the air is too thin to stabelize yourself during first minutes. As the air became thicker he went over to some controlled position, I think that was when he said that he is fine.

Over all redbull will gain over 700 mio. dollar for merchandise and tv-rights.

Many private companies are on their way to space. Redbull seems too. Maybe their will be a redbull can on the moon someday...

EDIT: 1342,8 km/h speed of sound beaten, he didnt feel anything. And he was all the time clear and knowing what happened...

Yeah that was an amazing jump!!! Way to go Fearless Felix!!!

As for the "live" broadcast, I read that the Stratos team was using 16 second broadcast delay in case of accidents or other tragedy....which makes good sense.

Part of what made this jump so awesome was the fact that it wasn't just a stunt. The telemetry data from his suit....recorded all the way down...will help NASA make it possible to give astronauts the potential ability to bail out of a craft in case of catastrophic emergency at up to at least 39,044 metres (128,097 feet)....making future space exploration a little bit safer.

Alex

• Like 1