White Widow, Stunned Growth?

sliver1

damn... i havent got bigger pots :( and i checked the roots, and they're very close to root bound :( but i might have a chance at getting bigger pots tomorrow xD

But that means ill only be able to fit 4 mother plants in my grow room :S

So which strains would you prefer? (i would like Indicas or hybrids, but not like 3indicas and 1 sativa because the different in growth would mean that some plants wouldnt get light)

Guest samuelo
Sliver - if you dont have room for bigger pots - try the step potting system which you can see in my grows - just make sure you get your soil well airiated by mixing it with extra perlite

Guest superbluehaze

Have a look at Samuelo's grows;

Never scrimp on pot size. the roots need lots of room to grow.

I use 52 liter containers, but I grow big plants.

If you wish to grow more plants, then do not veg them as long.

As a rule of thumb for every foot of growth, you need at least 5 liters of medium.

Therefore, a 4 liter pot can support a plant's root growth for around 7 to 8 weeks, but no longer.

so allow a lot of room for root growth, and your plants will be vigorous, and yield bountifully.

I would grow only strains that will roughly all be around the same height, otherwise it becomes a hassle to make sure each plant receives intense light.

happy growing,

john

YO!

I did actully look at Samuelo's grows some time ago xD

I think ill try it on my next grow maybe.

And i also transplanted into 11,8liter pots today, the red diesel already seem better? xD

I have an question, its kinda weird but its very important.

How do i reduce the root growth by just alittle? i know the more roots the more bud but i dont have room for more roots xD

and i think my roots where kinda big? because Superbluehaze said 4liters should support 7-8weeks growth, and i have done 7weeks growth and they filled out the 7liter pots completly.

(ill post pics later, maybe tomorrow)

there is nothing you can do to slow down the growth of your roots with out stressing the plant. you can make the plant root bound and not let it have any more room to grow and this will do the trick but you do not want to do this. btw you need to stop looking at your roots. if they are coming out the bottom a litttle that is totally normal. its not like if your roots fill your medium then your screwed unless you transplant. well no thats not the case just your plant will be root bound and it will maybe cause some problems. just put your ladies into flowering right now and you will be fine.

stop playing with your roots though. and next grow if you dont want to grow as big and as much roots and have to transplant as much just do what john said and do not vegg for to long. maybe you can be a 12/12 guy.

hope this answers your question.

Guest superbluehaze

As bigbuds has said there is no way you can slow down root growth without stressing the plant.

If the roots are coming out the bottom a little do not worry;

the plant sends down lots of exploratory roots, that chase moisture;

if these are coming out the bottom, do not worry, the roots will fill the pot as they grow.

If the pot is over 8 liters you can grow a plant to maturity in it, but the plant will suffer some stress, and this will effect your final yeild.

Perhaps you should grow less plants in bigger pots, or else, more smaller plants in 8 liter pots.

hope this helps,

happy growing,

john

Yo

Transplanted yesterday as i said and i saw that the roots where totally tangled and rootbound.

"The Yellowing" did move up the plant? The leaves are turing yellow with dead spots, kinda grey greenish colour and there are also brown spots? never seen any thing like it.

Red Diesel

White Widow

Healthy WW

Sick/ Cut leaf

Sick Leaf RD

<-WW RD->

Guest superbluehaze

hi silver1,

I think you may still be watering too much.

Do not worry about the yellowing yet; feed the plants well when you water;

The leaf damage is because roots have suffered because the plant was root bound.

What did the roots look like, were they brownish at the bottom of the pot?

I think once the plant setlles down after being transplanted, it will be fine.

Watch the rate of watering though; it is a very common mistake to over water;

personally, I would water once a week and watch the plants, and see if they improve.

Use benificial bacteria,

they break down dead roots and turn them back into food for the plant,

as well as releasing oxygen for the roots and protecting them from real nasties.

happy growing,

john

Yo

Can you name a Beneficial Bacteria for me then? xD

and no the roots didnt look brown they where totally white on both plants, ill look after the plants more when i water xD.

Today while moving the plants i gave them just alittle food (followed the sched) and they look like they liked it xD

I have actully changed my grow alittle, convertet my flowering room into veg/mother where i will have room for 4 mothers in 14liter pots (Bonsai maybe) and then ill have room for 8 plants in my "new" flowering room (1week veg).

So i was thinking:

Mothers:

Northern Light

Blueberry (actully got 9 regular seedlings atm)

Cheese or The Doctor

White Rhino

Veg(i was thinking doing some atuo flowering strains while mothers get ready xD)

Auto Blueberry

AK 48

IMPOTANT:

I wont be able to answer on this post for a long time, probally till the 23July (where i get net at home) but i might come online now and then(sorry to all where i just logged off during a chat, internet ...)

Guest superbluehaze

I think that is the way for you to go, by growing a number of plants but keeping them small, so that a 8 litre pot will be fine.

It is important that you have strong and vigorous mother plants and clones.

Here is a benificial bug product that is good and you should be able to buy easily:

COBRA

BY CASH CROP/DUTCH GLORY

Cobra Myco / Trichoderma

Cash Crop COBRA is a combination of many different beneficial bacteria and fungi species, which assists a plants growth by stimulating a massive root mass , helps the plant tolerate temperature extremes, nutrient imbalances and drought. Cobra contains 60 different strains of micro-organisms, 29 carefully selected Beneficial fungi,9 Endomycorrhizal, 11 Ectomycorrhizal fungi and 19 strains of Trichoderma bacteria. These micro-organisms clonize the plants roots and then stimulates the roots to grow into the surrounding medium, greatly enhancing the absorptive surface area of the root system,forming an essential link between plant and medium. Also included is a specially formulated root bio-stimulant, Vitamins C & B1, Kelp and Humates.

DIRECTIONS: Foliar Spray: Mix 2grams/litre, Hydroponic application, mix 0.3grams/litre.

happy growing,

john

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the advise on AK-47/8 xD but iam thinking of changing my mind again hehe.

John ill try see if i can get that Cobra Spray xD

iam now thinking going with full Greenhouse seeds and buy a Indica/Sativa mix xD 2sativas 2indicas.

I want the Cheese most of all and i would also like Blueberry, but iam open for other ideas.

Hello.

Think this post is about to die so i will just thank you all and i love!

I might open a new post after my trip to Amsterdam when i have picked up some seeds, i will ask in the store which are the best for mother plants and see what they say xD

And here we go i have shopped alittle on the internet (found out that picking the equipment up in Amsterdam and flying home was to difficult xD) what i shopped is below:

150W HPS Remote System + Sylvania SHP-TS 1 63,95 EUR 63,95 EUR
Reflector hammered finish 50 x 42cm + E4 socket 1 12,50 EUR 12,50 EUR
Brons Clip-on Fan for Homebox 1 14,95 EUR 14,95 EUR
Black and white Reflective Sheeting 2m wide running metres 5 1,49 EUR 7,45 EUR
Square pot 28x28x27 cm black 14L 4 2,45 EUR 9,80 EUR
Square pot 18x18x25,5cm black 5,5L 4 1,00 EUR 4,00 EUR
Cord / Wire Set for Complete Kits 1 11,95 EUR 11,95 EUR
Envirolite CFL 125W - Growth 1 43,95 EUR 43,95 EUR