Where is the original Purple Haze?

ChiefMegatronX

I have find that on the pickandmixseeds website.

Positronics Seeds :

HYBRIDISATION

Created in the USA during the 70s, it became famous because of the Jimmy Hendrix song. That variety differs greatly to the one offered nowadays by Positronics as, in the beginning, Purple Haze was characterised by medium-low psychoactivity and minimal production. Hazes were too pure to flower and did not develop adequately. Despite this, it was the most smoked variety at Woodstock. Since then Positronics have kept this variety a jealously-guarded secret to re-launch it nearly 40 years later to get you hooked on the hippy generation vibe that we miss so much.

ACE Seeds :

At last, the mythical tropical Purple Haze of the 70s without being mixed and in all its magnificence is finally available for all those nostalgic lovers of the old school sativas. In this version of the Oldtimers Haze, we offer you a selection of purple and reddish phenotypes with a strong influence of the purple highland colombian sativas, within the genotypes of the original Haze population. Purple Haze is different from Green Haze because its stems and flowers ripe with impressive purple and reddish colors. Their aromas are also darker: of black liquor and wild blackberry.

• 2 weeks later...

About this purple haze. I had no ide from start that it could be mixed strain but I ordered mine from white label. So if it gets pruple does that mean its the orginal or does it have sum other things i should be looking at?

Wanna know if I have the purple haze i paid for or if I got something else with the name purple haze =/

If someone knows pls lte me know :)

Never smoked a Purple Haze by that name I did smoke a blue-sh/purple sativa imported from hawaii in 79 in chicago. That was a nice tasting weed with ptential that reminded me of the stuff I smoked in Jamaica the only difference the jamaican was pink/red and th Hawaiian baby ble / purple.

These strains took usually around 9 month from seed . Long time flowering up to 4 month - that is the reason why most of the original Haze are not offered by seedbanks. The yield is not higher than an Indica and it takes twice as long to grow it plus the High is more uplfting and creative for daytime use not the relaxing late evening/night come down couchlock most stoners want after a days work..

There are certain breeders offering various pure Hazes Black haze for example but that Purple Haze seems to be deep undergroiund like the true Lambsbread or Kings Bread from the Rastas.

They grow Kush-ung-Peng, Skunk or even Cheese instead today...lol

• 1 month later...

In South Africa they have been growing purple haze for years. I can't tell you whether it is the original, but it is a very soaring, up high. And the buds are pointy shaped, a little airy and stringy and very purple, just like the pics of the original purple haze. A guy in Durban, South Africa told me that they had been growing it since around the mid 80's though. I also have a friend where i live that had what he called purple haze, he was only 16, still at school and had loads of seeds of the stuff. (He got them from some contacts he had. Again, i can't say if it is the real thing! He would grow it with males as he didn't know any better. Just plant and let grow! They were also very purple though. I asked him for some seeds, but unfortunately, (and very sad if it was the real thing) he moved house and uprooted his plants and threw away all the seeds! I was soo disappointed! The high of that one was also a very soaring, up high. (I never got to smoke it, otherwise i would have kept all the seeds i got from the buds! It was my cousin who got to smoke it, as he was at school with him!

• 1 month later...

i heard this same tail too and wasn't sure, i visited amsterdam recently and saw there purple hazes looked relevant to where the strain originates so looked into it further and found it very vague, i personally think for such a popular strain to disappear completely,not to be grown in any country is farfetched, and the fact that is now popular again for the fact of it being rumoured extinct makes it easier to be moved form country more frequently. what i find is some people expect something of the same looks as purple diesel etc but it's quiet clear from its origins and prefferred methods of growing it should come out completely different the method also setlles my mind that the strain is not extinct from our grasp.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

tom hill have it, ace have it. its not gone its hidden. purple haze thai from ace its a higuer level sativa. that most people cant handle. seedsman o haze may have it as well coz comes from sam but you may need to outbreed a large population and then search in the f2 to find it.

better run ace's purple haze and you will find out fir yourself. mixed with thai is way more vigorius productive and stronguer punch.

hope ut helps