anyone cross bred any off the ghs strains?

budman1988

i'll have to have a look at that in a min, iv been looking a breeding strains and will be trying to have a go at one of my own eventualy, i did try breeding a while back but ended up with some weird un stable strain that didnt even flower lol, i called it frankenweed the unfortunat monster that didnt reward lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people,

Some great sounding strains created here. havent been on here for a while so sorry for the late reply, have been a bit ill :fie:

I am going to cross el nino with the white russian by serious seeds :spiteful: any thoughts on this cross? oh also i am going to cross cheese with white russian, i have seen a few grows were people have crossed the two and the smoke reports are amazing it seems to be the strongest cross from what i have seen so far. then when i have crossed and made them both stable i will be crossing both the new hybrids together and see what i come out with :cool:

its tough to cross breed when they only offer femanized seeds. Plants from femanized seeds are sterile and can not produce off spring. I don't like the idea of making a female hermie to ,make seeds. Just sounds wrong to me and im set in my old ways and old school genetics.

Here is an interesting article on femainzed seeds

Unless you are new to the field of medical marijuana, chances are you have at least heard of feminized seeds. These seeds are likely to produce female offspring; with some seed companies claiming 90-100% female plants. Many growers avoid feminized seeds because of concerns regarding the stability of the plant and the possibility of hermaphrodites. Although some methods used by less reputable breeders can create high hermaphrodite offspring ratios, there are many reputable breeders using more sophisticated methods to create stable feminized seeds.

Feminized seeds are the result of a female plant being pollenated with pollen created by another female plant. Female medical marijuana plants, like other dioecious plants, will mutate (hermaphrodite) to create their own pollen in certain environments where there is a low amount of male pollen available. In most cases this happens when the female can no longer be fertilized herself. Breeders discovered when a pollen-producing female plant pollenates another female plant the offspring are almost entirely female plants. This discovery has led to a few different methods of creating feminized seeds.

Beware Marijuana Hermaphrodites

Less reputable seed companies select female plants with a tendency for hermaphrodites and use them to pollenate other female strains to create feminized seeds. Although the offspring will be mostly female, this method produces stability issues. Even if the female recipient of the pollen is 100% female, with no hermaphrodite tendencies, the other parent (the pollen producing female) is a hermaphrodite by nature and will instill that trait into its offspring. Feminized seeds produced by this method can, and will, produce hermaphrodite plants.

How The Pros Create Feminized Marijuana Seeds

The breeders that create quality feminized seeds use a different method. Instead of selecting a hermaphrodite as the pollen producer, they select a 100% female with desirable traits and use a treatment of hormones or safe chemicals to produce abundant male flowers. These “artificial hermaphrodites” pollenate other female plants creating feminized offspring. The difference in this process is stability. The female clone that is treated with the chemical or hormone still passes its stable genetics on to the offspring which results in feminized seeds with little or no hermaphroditic tendencies.

An Important Warning About Feminized Marijuana Seeds

When discussing feminized seeds one important issue should be addressed. The plants produced by these seeds cannot produce their own offspring. They are completely sterile. Growers should avoid feminized seeds if they are looking to purchase strains in order to breed their own genetics. For many medical marijuana growers a perpetual garden where offspring are created via cloning is the preferred method so sterile seeds is of little concern.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hi guys

3 YEARS AGO: my first experience of making seeds was with GHS, i had a mix pack + 5 pack the CHURCH , found  an amazing church keeper , very vigorous huge colas nice sweet smell not pungent at all, very strong smoke good K.O but after 30 min sativa like high   (best strain i ever had) , and i kept one white rhino slow grower, but  musky sweet very stoned good resin .

i crossed both moms with NEW BLUE DIESEL(blueberry x soma NYC diesel)  mom i had from reg seeds , yes my first experience of making seeds was to make FEM seeds.  the result was SIC 100% all female seeds the WR cross came out very surprising  indica like plants very fast grow ,bloom in 8 weeks sweet lemon candy with berry undertone  amazing resin formation . the CHURCH cross well it was something else came out 50/50 indica sativa most of the seeds grew like the church fast heavy feeder sweet flowers with berry undertone CANNABIS cup winner quality for sure,

LAST YEAR: my most resent cross was with THE church my original mom i crossed it with sensi jack male (freebie) the result is sativa dom but again looks like the church on steroids grows X2 the speed 10 week flower sweet like church but has a jack background very up high CRAZY SATIVA

ON GOING PROJECT :   i have a SLH cut , and i  selected a male from 5 pack i had of  KINGSTON CONFIDENTIAL (LA CON x JAM PINEAPPLE)  well see in 10-11 weeks the result

GOOD STRAIN HUNTING TO YOU ALL 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey forum

We have crossbred a couple GHS here at the rainbows end. Started with a feminised Himilaya Gold (5thgen) crossed with a Serious Seeds AK-47 male.

also more recently White Lemon(fem) crossed with a clone only strain from Cali,trainwreckxsour diesel.

We grow the feminised seeds,then clone them, pollinate with the male.some times we allow plants to be together,naturally occuring pollination.

both of these xstrains exhibit traits of both parent plants.taste,aroma, growth patterns.

We get some pics up soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...