DAMNESIA - First try - COMPLETED

Bam-Bhole

Terrific Journal Buddy... healthy and lovely looking Plants, good detailed a WOW Result and a SUPER smoke Report. :fans:

man those dryed BUds look extrem tempting love it, and even if your crop isn´t always the biggest look at those Buds :D they speak for themself

looks like Damnesia found her way on my to do list, especially the Couch Nirvana sounds like made for me :P

so Enjoy it, Thumbs up !!!! good luck with the new Seeds, and a happy Harvest on Walle.

Thisr s my personal stash for the next days ... one of those buds equals a nice stickie - I prefer my weed fresh in most cases - strong enough and this tastes fine with no coughing etc. Not even a filter needed as long as it is fresh 'n oily like this. The dryer the herb the more you need tobacco and a filter etc.This is a connaisseurs stalk !

post-10461-0-07867400-1358800234.jpg

• Like 4

A nice journal to follow , I really like your descriptive style, leaves you wanting to read more. :)

It is a shame you had hermie problems , but by your smoke report it sounds like you got some amazing smoke.

Rattling around like glass marbles, now that sounds like dense nugs covered in plenty of resin, did you get a final weight?

Look forward to your next journal, for another good read ;)

Peace bro

Lams

Wekll i got around 30 grams left . it is hard to say actual numbers since these 2 plants had to be cut down and I harvested the next 2 just in time - around 20 to 25 grams again.

But I got one plant left now in week 9 of flowering, which is soon ready to be harvested and I will give the exact data on this.

Did flush it a final time last night and measured it - 102 cm. Take in account that this was always the weakest one it did pack up a nice punch by now. It is not as dark as some others. The top could be harvested now but for this journal i will harvest all buds together and take the numbers.

What is interesting is that it dries very fast. It can be smoked with nice taste + high after 3 days 1 the longer it sits there the denser and harder it gets. The stone is getting a LOT more intenser too but the overall total weight decreases same way- So giving true data is not so easy - If you weigh it as soon as it can be smoked nicely i expect more than 30 grams but we will see.

Keep in mind I just let them grow and flower whenever ready , no topping fim'ing etc. i happily accept what the plant is offering. I am sure others will get way higher yields but I am content with an ounce cured material per plant. aything above I consider a Bonus.

This is a very special plant anyway, strong, tasty and vital but it weighs in on the low side, but what is left is a very intense resin oil terpenes concentrate not unlike hashish. The Kief of it makes excellent Hash, too .. and a lot of it..

Smelly ? Oh yeah, room smells like a coffeshop...lol

So in the end growing it longer can make sense...would like to know what the catalogue says about flowering times - 7 to 9 weeks, depending on the pheno, maybe even 10 weeks ? The frost on the leaves appeared massive about 1 week ago - wonder what other growers experience with the Damnesia..

Damn those are gonna be some hard dense nugs..and like the other's have said oh so frosty!!

That is DEFINITELY a strain I want to grow once it is released to us general public folk :) I agree with Tokage about you being a pioneer of sorts with this strain..and you have done it much justice :biggrin: thanks for sharing all the way bro..looking forward to seeing your final smoke report and thoughts on this awesome strain :bye:

Peace

Thanks a lot. hope this is a useful journal after all. But people grew this strain way before me..we just do not know anything about their experiences - Best is i grow another 2 or 3 of them right now and others are doing well, too. So if no more hermie probs occur we may find this sold officially on the upcoming strainhunters seedbank i guess.Or atrt GHS it is a special connoisseurs weed no doubt. In a class with White Widow or Jack Herer in potency, taste is unique, nugs look good, smell after 3 weeks in the jar is to die 4. Each plant has it''s own lttle twist, so we'll see how WALLE performs.. Not long and i cut her down. stash is getting low, people just love it..not me alone..lol

Thanks people. I decided to leave it a bit longer , it seems to develop more frost every day, so unless this stops or I see brown spots I give this one as long as it shows progress. I want to make this one plant here PERFECT ! Somehow this is very difficult to check the Trichomes , they do not get cloudy but fill up and in general being a HAZE the trichome heads are smaller and not so dense - which makes it hard to really know at what exact point the buds are. Whatever anything i harvested before was definitely ripe and ready and potent - in the end I might have to reap in 2 steps - the bigger part of the sword first, then the remainings. Buds above say 75 cm are already HARD, the buds below are still soft and sticky and these are shaking off frost daily...if I collect in two steps i just add the final dry weights. no Problem....plant is about 105 centimeters tall now.

So this last member of the ALLE gang is harvested too. To my surprise I found a couple real ripe + large seeds in the irst bud I opened up to smoke.. Does not ruin the herb in any way - i don't mind a few seeds - anyway - first I reaped the upper half in 3 cuts - 51 gram manicured et - 17 gram smokable, 15 gram commercial -

Then 3 days later I harvested the rest 59 + 51 grams wet , still on stems .. hopefully around 85 grams or so wet + sugra leaves shaved off and 20 grams commercial.

All buds wet - 150 grams ca

Might not sound like a great harvest but taking in count the quality I can live happily with it and give thanks + praises for having it..

I#ll add the final weight and inform you on any changes in taste & potency - effect. If there is some.

In general some hit harder - mainly the first harvested - even though full of seeds it had the strongest punch - a knock out left right kind a hammer if you are not prepared..lol

The bodsy tone balances the intense high effectively. The frseher, oily 3rd + 4th plants tasted the best - the 3rd + 4th were sensi plants. The nugs do not get THAT tuf + heavy, too. The high is very strong, the body lacking a bit compared to the first seeded plants - a top weed, too.

So we'lll see hpwthis performs , looking good smell is just coming back - but too early to rate it properly. It works fine already...lol

post-10461-0-64574000-1359814864.jpg

post-10461-0-71580200-1359814881.jpg

post-10461-0-49555900-1359816006.jpg

• Like 2

congratulation man!! another one to get to smoke it seems she has a nice frosty look and hope with drying she'll get as good as the previous ones ;)

Have a good drying man thanks for the nice journal and don't forget some nice dry pics for us ;)

This looked gorgeous but the first part is already gone..lol. Once my buddy saw it he wanted it badly and I forgot to take pictures .

esp. that lower piece with 4 fat buds on the stem looked oh so nice...the type of buds you see and want badly if you love herbs..lol

I do notice as you too that there is more frost on those lower buds - might have to do with the distance to the lamb. Seems I have to pick the nicest of the now drying side stems Overall this sported larger buds in a light yellowish brown and red in nice shapes and it always looks the best before it is completely dry and before curing - a phenomena anyway - from cutting to smoking takes only 3 days after 5 the smell comes back another 10 days or longer in the jar and it gets intoxicating just by the smell.

• Like 1

okay - here is a picture of the fresh Walle plant. These loer buds differ a lot in taste + smell + especially in the consistency - not as hard + concentrated than the fine big top colas or the strawberry buds of the former - this is oh so tasty + nice not as brutal in the effect - lovely smooth mild but still very powerful hrb, which looks like this ..

More to come - most is still drying, only a few samples taken today...

To see the frost and structure you have to doubleclick as usual, sorry

post-10461-0-23073600-1359988666.jpg

• Like 5

Okay - Tokage, will do :-). They all differ a bit in taste, this one is a lot milder + sweeter&fruitier than the heavy Indo smoke of the redder Damnesia but since i never smoked amnesia Haze yet i cannot say if it tastes like that. A unique taste for sure - dark vanilla type hrd to say not fruity more dark incense like and oily dark with a full mouthes aroma. strong but no coughing when smoked pure. Heavy to brutal effect, fucks with the brain but the body stone balances it out nicely No hangovers and a nice long lasting high with a relaxing finish. Really good effect, but not for the light weight/occasional smokers imo.

• Like 1

Good question Tokage.. Did you feel something last night ? I dedicated my late night smoke to you. Effect was out of sight as usual, takes me up to jalf an hour to relax from the heavy THC assault but then the ride was excellent - music is such a divine experience on the couch. Best thing is I don't fall asleep from the Damnesia unlike the White widow. That high starts later and gets more intense till I kinda black out and sleep while the Damnesia is the other way round starts with a one two three punch but mellows out perfectly during the next 2 and a half hours at least. I slept like a baby without a single interruption. So it tastes milder and the high is great - but best is the body stone imo - if that is milder ? Maybe a bit. I got some tuff stone hard but easily grindable nugs left from the first plant that is stronger but this is about as potent as the strawberry type nugs . It just feels different and smells more fruity - effect is samey I think.

So I handpicked the now dry buds and weight them. Exactly 20 gram plus the stuff you saw on the picture above from yesterday.. So in the end Total weight is 37 grams dry from walle. Not bad at all for the weakest of the bunch. A couple good seeds come as a bonus. Will see how they perform - This pheno will be grown first.

Luv it !

• Like 1

Well, before the Jar is empty I took a picture Damn smells good already..lol

Much lighter + softer these buds are. Not the typical marble like sound when you shake the glass but check these nice colors. Doesn't look like such a potent strain. A heavy White widow smoker told me this was better , when I asked him about his impression vs the WW he usually buys in holland.

I agree, even though i love the wild exotic taste + rush of the white widow too.

post-10461-0-57908900-1360093209.jpg

• Like 3