GH Grow Sessions "Secrets" Flushing 3x

MissKittyKat

In many of the grow session videos Arjan talks about flushing 3x during weeks 5 and 6. He also mentions that he flushes with an EC of 1.3

I have always thought of flushing meaning that you use only water. Why is he still feeding the plant with 1.3 and referring it to flushing?

Do I have the wrong definition of flushing? I am trying to understand what the advantage is of flushing with an ec of 1.3 then drying it out then feeding at 1.8

Wouldn't it make more sense to flush with pure water, dry out, then feed 1.8?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, or if any of the staff could let me know more details on this Green House secret!

• Like 1

Hi MissKat! I may be wrong, and I'm sure one of the experts will help out, but from my understanding when you flush with a diluted nutrient solution it actually removes more salt build up than flushing with plain water.

Arjans trick of flushing, drying and then heavy feeding is meant to ramp up the plants metabolism so its nutrient uptake is crazy high... resulting in nice big buds......that get us crazy high :) hope this helps!

yes i think buddy got it right, with the fact that flushing with diluted solution cleans the medium better way, and i believe it is also so that the girls don't stay with a sterile meidum for too long as they grow in hydro their medium contains no nutes at all, so i guess in soil you can do a clean water flush as the soil will still contain a little nute in it.

but tha's a good question and a nice piece of answer by Buddy. :D

Cheers good luck!

• Like 1

So if I am using soiless like promix or sunshine mix then flushing with plain water should be ok??? Or is that not the same as soil? I know this debate is been going on forever. I say its not soil its soiless...but it acts like soil...in a way...

anyone know how to make this trick work with soiless... i want to try it but want to make sure I am doing it right.

I had flush today my K-trian plain water EC 0.7 :cool: 14 days to chop. Soiless medium. Some compost(40%),perlit(40%) and rest of shit. Works well. Conopy hands UP(Happy conopy!). I'll lflush one more time in next 6 or 7 days and dry for 6 or 7days then chop. I stop use any fert for last 2 weeks just flush. I think in hydro(worst taste of bud) u should flush with ferts EC 1.0-1.1

Best Luck.

• 2 months later...

Really good question about the EC being at 1.3 when flushing in soil, i also today was watching the videos and thinking the same so thanks for the answers, but what my question is

What would the PH be on the 3 flush in Soil ? Should the PH also drop from 6.5 to 6.0 ?

Also what day or week of flower is the best time to do 3 x flush ?

start the flowering a little lower if you want i start around 6,2 6,3 most of the times and go to 6,5 when flowers really build up

check in the article section there is a very nice article by Franco about PH ;)