super chop super lemon haze?

Timerison

I have grown Super Lemon Haze one other time and love your plant... But I didn't cut the main stem and don't know how she will react?? I can't screw this up as people are counting on me. Could you please read below and tell me how well my plan might work?? Or Not!!! I think I have a day or two before I need to do something...

Just today transplanted slh into deep water system. Babies are already 1/3 way to top of lights, with small roots still. They were in small pots, too long.....

I'm thinking I will hit them with some root growth, and cut them back"about in half", then veg for at least 2 or 3 more weeks before going 12on 12off. I'm thinking this will give the roots more time to catch up, and should keep the hight down, but worried about cutting that much off the main stem. I have seen plants just take off growing super fast and lanky with small popcorn buds, after cutting the main stem, then some just keep on growing the same and limbs take up for the main stem. What does Super Lemon Haze do? Please advise...Thanks,

well i've grown SLH only 1 timeand haven't topped so can't really say.

But i don't often see Topped SLH around here, so it might be because she doesn't like it a lot, but all it should do anyway is make her a little longer, if you tak good care of her i don't think the bud should suffer unless she REAAAALLY doesn't like toping..

Good luck i'm sure someone will have tried and tell us ;)

Hi Dust, you say "all it should do is make her a little longer"? Like she will grow taller because I chopped her? I don't want that. I'm looking at a way to keep them from getting too tall, and grow some more roots. I let them grow too long in little pots, now they are tall and lanky with a small ball of roots. Maybe I should just leave them and go into bloom, and hope they grow big enough roots to be ok? Last plant I chopped "wasn't SLH" I ended up with feather buds. I guess I have a day or two, hope someone that knows comes by..

If you don't want to chop and still control the height you can super crop but if you are in flowering or close to then don't ... i would just do some LST and tie those babies down. Just tie them down and that way you dont have to topp and you can then control the height.

i wouldn't top her either just LST on those sativa

• Like 1

I have small roots and tall slender top. Ceiling is looking close. If I don't chop, I will have to go to bloom soon as they are so tall. Was thinking if I could cut the hieght in 1/2, I could wait a couple weeks before going into bloom so the roots would have a chance to spread and grow? They have a real strong, tuff main stem, kind of worried about cutting it. Looking for someone who was a Winner??

Kat, don't know if I have the room to pull them over? but that sure might be the way to go. I just got a picture in my head of a hollow main stem, drying up and being half the plant it should of been.... maybe just pinch off the top? Not cut half the plant. But don't see that would gain me much? I guess I just don't know?? :fie:

hi, My SLH is in beans :D. I'm soilmix grower, but I have read u got a lot of expirence - of DWC. But it has "HAZE" in the name so "Topping" works well for lanky strains. I will topp them soon as I can over 3 or 4th node-veg for 2-3 weeks and go! SuperCROpp or LST if u have more time to veg. This is WEED. Good Luck!