Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur - tech support for AN are crazy?

MissKittyKat

Have any of you used Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur? If so what kind of feeding did you give them? I called tech support and explained I have 5 gallon buckets with a 50L reservoir. Using promix soilless mix with some worm castings.

The tech rep told me to use 4ml per litre! That is full strength right out of the gate. I told him my plants were about 45 days old in veg and I have recently put them into flower. I thought that was crazy to start off at full strength.

But it gets crazier! He also told me do not worry about the pH, not to use any pH down or up with the pH perfect system. He also told me do not worry about the PPM.

So I added all my other nutes and additives such as Liquid Karma, Cannzyme, Sweet, Aqua Shield, Rhino Skin, and a little pure blend pro bloom with some molasses. The pH was 6.0 and not 5.8 where I like it to be. Also the PPM was around 1060.

Has anyone else had this type of advise from Advanced Nutrients? I guess with the pH perfect system you don’t have to play chemist but I still am nervous of not caring what the pH and the PPM are.

Any help with this? I get that the chelated macros and micros are in the ph perfect but i would think that everything else that not a pH perfect product would still have to have the normal pH and ppm in it?

This tech guy just told me to trust him and call if something bad happens to my crop.. What do you think? Any one else use the pH perfect Connoisseur?

wel i had a talk with my growshop guy about those ph perfect lines, and he explained to me that to be 100% effective you had to use ONLY the products selected in each program, i don't know exactly what the products are all together but you say you added some that were not part of the PH perfect program!

So basically he told me you had the PH perfect ready everytime you putted all those listed bottles together, if you don't put one or add another 1 not in the program, it is supposed to "cancel" the ph perfect thing, but i guess it will probably not be a super big diference but i would still check it if it was my grow ^^

BUUUT all those i only got from 1 guy and I never tried the AN line myself, SO wait for some people that have personnal experience with it maybe to have a safer opinion ;)

Good luck

Tokage - I am using Soilless promix to be exact. So its been a couple days now and I am strating to see a slight nute burn but really not much. If I was to have used what he suggested I would have burnt the plants. So I am glad when common sense kicks in I was glad I listened!

Goes to show you that doing your research pays off. If I didn't read everywhere on the internet that people where burning crops with this stuff at 4ml per litre then I would have done the same thing. Good thing! So the ladies are looking good and I think I can manage this stuff as long as it does what people say it does.

I will update my grow pics at the end of week two and share them

• 2 months later...

5.8 to 6 ph isnt effecting aything. can be a bigger ph window than that vbeofre it effects uptakes. or moving it up and down to much will. ive ran from 5.8 to 6.5 with diff food copmanies and no bad effect

i woud not listen to them over ignore pp and ph though. and for their so called ph perfect to work right when we tried it had to be R/O. or perfect water, not what we all have to use so dont trust the perfect ph thin if not using that type water

to know what the feed is doing or did to your medium check your run off for ppm and ph next time you need a water. that will tell what it did with either ph drop out or food build to correct the issue. if feed was to hot thgen ph should have dropped lower and ppm will rise higher than last use. if the poh went up and ppm down then its lack off food doing the burns

thanks everyone for your thoughts....so the crop is done and it came out very very nice! I really like the connoisseur, great yield, taste, potency, and looks. Expensive but I realize that its different then other nutirents, Chelated ingredients, which is expensive to do, the starting materials, etc.

All I got to say is i really liked the product and the end results. I am now going to try the Powerfeeding from Greenhouse on the same strain and compare. Also growing out bubba kush for the cup now