Alaskan Ice

Guscode

Here some pictures of my actual alaskan ice LST grow. Hope you enjoy...Atm 4th week of bloom.Even when it's sometimes frustrating to grow this plant, i Love the incredible indescribable High! Thx to GHS 4 brew this genetic.This is one Lady "low stress trained" and fills the hole Box. One 250w HPS, Plagron "light Mix" and Hesi helps to keep my Lady happy ;D...

post-17286-0-64930500-1352508886.jpg

post-17286-0-48304900-1352508928.jpg

post-17286-0-32307100-1353517333.jpg

• Like 2

very nice trained girl man it seems she is filing the room very nicely :)

Thanks for sharing this with us we always like to see new girls around ;)

Have a good grow man hope the smoke will satisfy you as much as the growth :D

Cheers

Thx! It's my first LST grow and i'm pretty astonished about that space saving method.

Obv is the extrem stretch until the flowering phase one of the biggest disadvantage apart from the unstable genetic. But i love the herb, wich gave me that fantastic WhiteWhidowPureHaze strain, when it's do what it have to do. That's the reason why i grow this strain from time to time in my old 'n unused Box.

I think the main Problem is the bad reputation. In every grow Forum u find one/two threads which Talk about that awkward Lady ;D...

• Like 1

The "alaskan ice" got an unstable genetic. You didn't know what came out when you harvest. It's not extraordenary that you've got a plant with only some calyx...every 2-3 cm one! But the hash you can made of is also delicious. I grow an alaskan ice beside my regular grow one or two Times a year. My last alaskan ice needed 14 weeks of 12/12...another unfriendly pheno of that awkward Ladies...

For strain that stretch too much you can try the gas lantern routine (12-1) and your plants will stretch a lot less when in flower, just don't do the diminishing flowering cycle of 10-14 on those, allow 12-12 or 11-13 because sativas love much light when in flower and of course for tight colas ;)

I'm not convinced that the glr theorie is coherent. On the one side they told me,

that i have to imitate Mother Natures light cycle. And on the other side there is an hour

of sunlight in the middle of the night. A theory wich contradict themself, is for me not a

trustworthly one. I think that you can handle the enormous stretch with the LST technic.

After veggi my plant was about 15cm height, but near 50cm tall. Right now she is from pot

to top something about 40cm.

You see, that the height is no Problem. The really big problem is the unstable genetic.

A several times i've got Ladies like the one i've posted in this repley.

And i think in the alaskan ice genetic you found tons of phenos (the other pic are all alaskan ice, wich grown under

equel conditions).

So you never know what comes around @ the end! But i couldn't help myself, i love this strain for the unique,

incomparable high and the superb hash 'n concentrates, that you can made of.

Cheers 'n thx for your readiness to help

Gus

post-17286-0-50240000-1352779382.jpg

post-17286-0-97601200-1352779393.jpg

• Like 1

yeah its the genetics my man, the guys at green house have offered a bit of an appology to people who buy this strain without the knowledge a head of time in there grow session video for alaskan ice they exsplain that the strain was givinging off a certain amount of strain pheno's like ones in the picture you showed where the bud is just tiny little popcorns up the stem they found it as well in testing to be unstable but the resin these plants produce has had such rave reviews they desided to keep it in the green house catalog.

it looks however that you managed to find a few nice phenos cause the plants in the room that you posted look amazing so far. anyways thanks for posting your plants we always apprechiate new ladies like dust sas but especially when its a strain that isent normally covered from the green house catalog and i would love to see the finnished product wwhen she's done.

Of cours! I'll would like to post here everything about the alaskan ice grow, till harvest...

@greenomatic87 that is just ONE plant...2 seeds of my last package of 5 Alaskan ice seeds shown a Face like the actual. The outher ones was fail.nowi got two more Arctic ice seeds an will bring 'em on the way,when the room is finaly build. Don't wanna grow in a HomeBox any more..

damned...i only leave my ladies some days alone (a'dam was calling) and the bitch punished me immediately :angry: .

Did you see the top of the Bud? The flowering didn't keep up with the stretch.

Did anybody know a reason for that? The Temp. was around 27°C and it was the drying phase of the 4th flushing.

I can imagine that it's once again the genetic...but maybe someone knows something about the exactly reason?

Cheers...

gus

post-17286-0-13425800-1353517524.jpg

Punished for not paying attention to a female, that sounds like a bitch to me. Having said that the same could be said for a male acting the same way just that he would be called a bastard lol. ;)

Thereagain maybe its a little harsh calling a plant that, after all how they grow is in no way intended to punish you, but if a person who was to punish you, then they are a bitch/bastard and deserve the title. jejeje :P

I'm sure she will give you many hours of pleasure soon so maybe you can forgive her ;)

She is looking beautiful btw.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm it could be an idea! But it's a mostly sativa strain, i've run with 10-14 the last weeks. When it happens my Bulb runs 12-12...and right now she fills the gaps step by step. And we have to remember, that's an "alaskan ice"! My feeling with this strain is, that you never know what for escapades are the next! Maybe you have to offer her PERFECT conditions. It's the 10th seed of alaskan ice. This is my last. And i've seen 4 reasonable Plants. 1 seed didn't poppt and with the other 5 Plant i've got just trouble. But the minty-hazy taste and the fantastic hash and concentrates and the potency are awesome! I luv this awkward Lady!!! I think i wouldn't be my last alaskan ice grow...

cheers

Gus

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Has any one tried these from the current release. If so is anyone finding those haze/thai like phenos stil cuz they defo seem different. Dam I wish id kept some cutts . Out of the original release I got two short  faster phenos that were ok and two huge 7 ft Christmas trees that were a awsome smoke. But got one of the wild phenos, just pure beads but was one of the most devestating smokes ever. I hope they havent changed it.

Hey @Nightmare, you had responded to a thread that was 7 years old, so I'm not sure to which strain you are referring. 

GreenHouse has a selection of Hazes.  But for Thai, I think I had seen some Thai crossings at Royal Queen or Barney's Farm, or some other.

Contact me again if you have any further questions.

On 3/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, Cannabissapean said:

Hey @Nightmare, you had responded to a thread that was 7 years old, so I'm not sure to which strain you are referring. 

GreenHouse has a selection of Hazes.  But for Thai, I think I had seen some Thai crossings at Royal Queen or Barney's Farm, or some other.

Contact me again if you have any further questions.

Hey mate. Thanks for the reply. I bumped the thread because I was intrested in the current version of alskan ice seed. They stopped selling them for nearly 10 years and have only in the past year or so reintroduced them. The original plants I seen an seen from most people back from the 2009 release wer awsome. The plants wer very silvery green. My refrance to the thai/haze phenos was because they wer throwing out those types of phenos heavily..it was one of the reasons they took them off the menu because people dint know how to grow them. Thers Cambodian and haze in these genetics so thats wer those phenotypes must come from. I believe the genetics are from what franco told me ultra haze#1 x white widow. I liked those wild plants and even today 10 years later the people who smoked those beading pure calax type phenos say its some of the best they ever had. But iv seen quite afew pictures from the latest release of alaskan ice seeds and the plants seem to be more stable for bigger fater yielding phenos . There are alot more purple plants and on the whole they look like there are more purpley white widow type plants. I havent seen one of those proper beading type phenotypes wer you can see from the pictures above in the 2009 release there were many, not seen the siver christmas tree type phenotypes either. I really want to get the alskan ice but want the same types plants as those coming from the 2009 release. This is why I asked if anyone else is finding the bead type plants from the current release of seeds and if people had pictures or even if there finding the siver christmas tree type phenotypes.