How To Clone With Rapid Rooter / Root Riots!

GLMN

very well explained and detailed with pics on every step, couldn't make a better thread man ;)

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the forum to the point of wanting to make a thread here, i hope it will continue like that for a very long time man, you sure have some nice things to share with us ;)

Thanks for that nice thread, have a god cloning ;)

very well explained and detailed with pics on every step, couldn't make a better thread man ;)

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the forum to the point of wanting to make a thread here, i hope it will continue like that for a very long time man, you sure have some nice things to share with us ;)

Thanks for that nice thread, have a god cloning ;)

Thanks you for the compliments :) Yea I been a long time fan of GHSC watching the strain hunters expeditions just gets you all fired up and wanting to grow and breed ahhah well at least for me it does.... I would love to 1 day be able to travel the world just to see how other countries grow...Being able to see those fields of landrace stains in person would be amazing! Anyways yes I'll be around for along time on here and hopefully more threads to come...Next I wanna do a germination tutorial not sure if someone has one on here...But I'll show everyone how I do things which gives me almost always 100% germ ratio....I got my new seeds coming in from attitude pretty soon some GHSC gear and others so i can use those in the tutorial :king:

Keep it green guys :bye:

• Like 1

Thank you for those kind words.

A friend of mine did a clone guide for me but i dare say this was even easier to understand. I suck at taking clones and my first real attempt went to hell and then some. Im going to book mark this thread don´t you dare delete it!!! ;)

One question. You say that you mist only and not on the leafs, but what about the medium? When i tried in rock woll i also watered the medium as well as the dome but never on the leafs. Was that a bad move?

THank you for sharing.

Yea I'm not a big fan of rockwool. For some reason it always stayed to wet and roots took 3 week to show...You gotta fine what works best for you..I've seen people get amazing roots in rockwool but some reason it just doesn't like me ahhaah ... I've tried almost every way of cloning and the best way I've found is with the plugs...

Thanks for reminding me Tokage i did forget to say that the plugs will need to be watered but what i do is just spray them 5 times each with the spray bottle and it will re-moist them...depending on your clone room temps you can go the full week without watering the plugs...Sometimes until they root start to show but just all depends on how many times you are taking off the dome each day to let the clones air out.....As long as the plugs stay moist throughout the rooting process you should be fine...Also if u do use the 6 cell trays the easiest way for checking for roots is to hold hand ontop of plugs flip upside down and let 1 slide out...Pulling on the clone can damage roots or worse rip it out of the plug.....this will only slow the process...Even though I use the 6 cell trays I sometimes only fill them with 3 to give them more room like so:

post-17332-0-68922300-1352589491.jpg

• Like 1

i love those cubes

nice tek.

we have dam near identical clone set ups.

only diff is i added a 4 watt heat pad. it seems to really speed up the process

and i some times use a thing called "greenpad jr" to add co2 to the dome.that speeds it even more

post-8622-0-17899700-1352598940.jpg

as for rock wool ill give u my trick.

rockwool is a high ph medium.

soaking in the recomended 5.5 ph lowers the ph

but heres what most people dont know about rock wool. the longer the water sits in the cube the higher the ph goes.

now heres my trick

soak in a lower ph like 5 and spray with the phed water

doing this means cubes ph is in that sweet spot longer

• Like 2

damn lovely roots right ^^

Personaly i don't like rockwool neither like GLMN said find it too dry and rude to the touch, so grown with those once didn'thave particular problems but never finished the pack and came back to my good old Root Riots damn i love those cubes too ^^

But very nice tip for the rockwool man thanks, for next time with themm :)

from my understanding, if you soak at ph 5 as he says ph rise when water sit in the cube for long, so the time that the water sits in the cube from PH 5 they should get the right PH by the time you use it, aroun 5,5-6 i guess.

And so when you spray, regular growth ph as it will be on top of the cube and will not sit in it? that's how i got it ^^