How much supplementary LED to HPS need my plants?

Guscode

A light which can produce more Par light and less heat per Watt, has a more efficient use of power, which means using less power to grow and less energy wasted removing unwanted heat.

Inverse square law is a "LAW" and relates to all lights no matter weather they be HPS,MH,CMH,LEP,CFL or LED and demonstrates how light intensity diminishes the further you move it away from an object or point of measurement.

The Inverse square law does not state the intensity of different light sources and does not differentiate between light sources.

The intensity is an important point and there are Youtube videos showing the Micromole measurements of LED lights to be found if you really want to .

Quote : "...has shown they dont work in our field since many many years ago..."

This has no reference and shows that the opinion if it were relevant is old data.

Quote: "... nothin has shown it wrong yet or would change how the whole world thinks on light and everyone would know about the new discovery..."

Since no actual data has been shown there is nothing to be proved right or wrong. The whole world.....really? Not sure where you get that opinion did you ask the whole world?

Everyone would know about the new discovery??? There is no new discovery, there is constant advancement and new techniques which are improvements to something which already exists.

I ask "who is everyone" ?? Have you asked "Everyone"? I'm part of "Everyone" and I don't agree!

Quote "ok on the auto well people still slag them off as they should. they are also week and mostly new guys buy them along with led."

Where do you get your information? How do you know they are weak? where did you get the information that new guys mostly buy them and with LEDs??

Quote : " people keep using the same argument over and over on led cause you led salesmen keep avoiding the intencity they lack and is the whole reason they don't work as well as claimed"

When i read the same argument are used, which lack any solid facts to base them on, I seems to me that they have read the opinions of others and have no real evidence for them.

I am not a Salesman, I am a grower who wishes to grow some weed.I am happy to talk about LED intensity, I am also happy to show my LED grow and other peoples LED grows who have had good results using LEDs.

I have been growing since 1992 over 20 years and I put a lot of time and effort in researching data pertaining to cannabis, growing it, it's uses, medical uses, techniques and methods of better yields along with many other aspects and have been doing so also for twenty years.I will also state I do not know everything and there is always something to learn everyday. If I do not learn something new everyday , then it has been a wasted day.

Many of your arguments are pure conjecture and hyperbole and are not based on anyting more than outdated opinions. If you were to provide the science you say you have then I would say ok you proved you point.

I am always happy to raise my hand and admit I am wrong when sufficient proof has been provided. In fact it can make me happy because I will have learned something new, there is no shame in humility in fact it is a desirable trait, that shows you can be humble and are willing to learn from your mistakes.

I have provided videos which you have not commented on and so It leaves me to believe you haven't watched them.

Pi2 has also provided a nice thread from ICMAG where a guy grew 16.5 OZ with 360W of LED that's 1.3GPW something that no HPS grower would find anything to moan about.

Do some research, get up to date,I don't want to argue the toss, there is a lot of LED grows out there which have great results.

Quote "you forgot i posted i worked in the bzz.i know the lies. was paid to pass them on. is why i quit. not a dishonest salesman"

As your anonymous here in strain hunters maybe you could expose the name of the company which asked you to make fraudulent claims and the model of the lights, so we can be informed.

Give us some solid data to work from and provide us with something that we can use.

Quote "ok on the auto well people still slag them off as they should. they are also week and mostly new guys buy them along with led."

Maybe you should have a look at this chart. Take a look at super critical auto, look at the strength rating.

Green House Seed Compnay is the leading cannabis strain and seed producer in the world and has won many cannabis cups not to mention taking the 3 highest accolade cannabis cups in the latest High Times Cannabis Cup. So I ask you do you know more than the professionals who's reputation relies on it.

High-Stoned_good3-1.png

I have said my piece and will not add to it unless you provide something more than just "everybody says so" opinions.

I wish you a good day and humbly apologise if you have felt insulted in anyway, I never want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Peace be with you

Lams

again talking abut color outputs. so for me better would be to just turn down the hd to get less cost and better output than led again still, having less output doesnt make things mre efficient. makes less bud though and smaller plants, so id hope it cost less. thats like sayin a 400 hps is more efficiet than a 1k..of course it is with less outputs.

your right inverse square law doesnt say type of light. just says single poit of it t all light s measued the same way. led doesnt have a special way to do this over any other form of light. its about intencity..somethinbg led lack huge in.

yes i know theres tons of vids and info doe by salesmen but dont losten to them trying t sell a roduct. i go by unbiased facts, and exp

what you mean no refference to the fact they dot work as claimed..use google and look at the facts. look in mst large scale grows..no ed there...teres reasos for that, they are week. be curious to see what it costs to fill a huge wharehouse with them to grow the same dank as a 1k woud.

lol..no actual data has been shown so you dont believe...google inverse square bd. its been posted and responded to now you say no info???. again salesman side step there. nothing has changed in inverse square law that sows how week they are..keep adjustin and talking abot the colurs though. so your dissagreeing with law fac and nasa and the info that has never chaned since it became law? so yes once inverse square law has been proven wrong led will ever work as cliaming

the auots...i know they are week from the lab reports we do. and smoking it, not by pictures or kids youtube vids, and my info that noos mainy byled is from selling them..seem to keep missing that act.

well dood your posts are exact what comes from them salesmen...been there remember, you say our side says same over and over but so are you guys always sellig the colur outputs, when you adress the lack out penitration that is our argument, maybe that will go a diff route

why do guys always pst their years at this..means nothing. my od neighbur was in his 80 and at it since a id and still cant et more than an oz and cant learn anything. means nothing, seen new guys do awesome right out of the ae to. and ive been at it 30 years rougly and worked for years in the idustry and with labs and dr and testin tis stuff without based eyes or oipinions, but that to means nothing as im always learning everyday

ah dood i keep sayin the sciece yor askin for is inerse square aw..how many times you goin to ask same thing and avoid the answer...thats ewh i said your a salesman, nothing personal bud, just seen it for to many years

heres the stuff id like to see led say is wrong or how they beat then...

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vision/isql.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

the intensity of light observed from a source of constant intrinsic luminosity falls off as the square of the distance from the object. This is known as the inverse square law for light intensity. Thus, if I double the distance to a light source the observed intensity is decreased to (1/2)2 = 1/4 of its original value.

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/light/intensity.html

your new gus gram per watt means nothing aain to when nobpody adds all watts up ever. add everything it takes like fans and other with the wattage of ligt and include the time fra,me for veg since thats the single most effect to more yield. could have grown for 6 month but not many do that in real worlkd growin. usualy 3 week veg from clone and go. lets see that weight with 3 week veg that others do. why even compare 2 whole diff things..theres always something eft out when doing that info or comparisons

lol.as if id expose who i worked for and get in crap over exposing stuff..and yes ie had that in the past, they all lie, this is the worst indutstry for liers around. oif you dont then you dont ave a job..exagerate or misslead truth is an easier term than lie. and no its not just led makers, its across the board...and again go learn inverse square then, you keep askin for same info but refuse to look at it...like all salemsn for this do

dood dont try and sell me they let the best win them cups. they have been fixed for years and we al know it. i alwas hear the loosers were realy better to the uers out hee and to sef as well. im not here to poke at greenhouse t being the best or whatever you say is your opinon.

you do realize them charts on potency mean nthing are missleadin right? and that one that doesnt even show the efficacy reports onl says higher or lower...means nothing. on potency and quality to a reg plant. those are something i have seen and dont see any better than regs yet...close bt never better.

never realy did get the hype on them anyways. i dont see a saving of time at all..i ve clone 3 weeks and fower about 7 to 8..and an average auot is what...11 weeks...do the math, my 3 veg and 8 flower is 11 week total. same amount but gets more smoje and mre potency.

• Like 1

Your posts sounds so frustrated...what's happend? Everything is a lie...no one know it better then you...and the hole cannabizz is full of scams 'n suckers? You've read about it, lamb has try 'n prove it...so i know who of you are the sofisticated one...

im not frustrated at all bud. just still waiting to see how they explain how they dissproved the law ive posted..nobody has een able to yert since led house lighting came to the grow market...and yes the whole bizz is full of cos and missleading info..once youve been i it long enugh youd see that. how bout a air cooled hood cst us 20 buck to buy but sells etail for 150..that isnt cons?..tey are all lke that..digi ballast cost about 50 buck but retail for 400...not a con?

You don't Like LED lights ok , I get it.

Nothing I say will change your mind in a 100 lifetimes.

I see no point in being drawn into a petty bickering match and so I withdraw from trying to help you understand my point of view.

This thread is for people who want to know about supplementing their HPS grow with LED, I'm sure they don't want to read a thread full of arguing.

If you want to go buy a big badge with "winner" on it, then do so,I'm sure it will boost your cred and make you a very popular person of great standing in the cannabis community.

I'm sure you will be a great help to many with your vast wisdom, due to your past experience, may it bring you many admirers and great fortune.

I for one do not want to keep banging my head against the wall and will leave you to your opinions, as I will not enter in to a full blown argument, that will not stop going round and round in circles.

I wish you all the best and will be sure to look at your grow journal, if you've posted one.

I am a friend to all Strain Hunters and will remain amicable and give what ever help I can, let us agree to disagree on this topic, as it seems folly to do otherwise.

Have yourself a good day and happy growing

Peace be with you

Lams

• Like 1

i didnt see this as a bickering..i simply asked how they proven the law wrong is all and still cant et a straight answer. to me this wasnt arguing, was putting out truths and i thought thats what it was about. im starting to gather there is only 1 view allowed when a thread is stared if wer cant post another point of view.

you dont have to go bangin your head on anyw alls..just answer the question posted multiple times. seem to be creating your own stress

i dont hate hsoe that want to play with led..but dont hate on someone for just disscusion over it. you say how much led to hps i say why not all hs is spending more money to gain mre...hps gains more than an led would.

photos dont show truths always though. thats the only good ones i seem to see, anything real and live isnt the same as pictures have shown me. not to often people take truthfull pics when they are tryin to sell something to you, your only going to see good. and im not poking yours or anyone elses skill or what you grow, but i dont lack any trichs or resin here.,

and 3 grams of gooey led bud is still less than muti oz of even semi gooey buds, then the cost to buy them.

Thumbs up tokage...that's what i mean! It sounds so hard a d frustrating, when you try to "help" with an attitude like yours. Here @ strainhunter.com is no personal contest between the fellow hunters...it's all about help, education, good vibes and off course our lovely herb.

Did you ever see a plant under 600 watt HPS with an 200 watt LED addition (3w lenses, 11 wavelenghts, incl. UVA/UVB) ? I'm shure you dosn't...and no one here didn't know that the distance between light source and the plant is important off course the ISL. In your posts is what i read, LED is shit course the Cannabis industry wanna fraud you and me. Even when the industry talks bullshit, why an experienced grower has to talk so? I dosn't find a coherent logic in your thoughts beside the ISL, sorry for that! It's not a personal thing...

yes it is a personal choice..and i was giving info to make the chice. seein info from only 1 veiw isnt givin anyone a choice, needs an alternative to make choices etween something

attitude hey?..ok. i see it to when im called a know it all and snotty respinces back a few pages..i repetedly just asked how they beat out inverse square law and get told im a know it5 all and snitty responces..and avoiudes the answer repetedly t...not a big deal but6 no need to take a poke at me and stir this up...funny how the guy deffending is usual the one to be blamed just case hes new here.,...thats ok..yu guys have your led.,realy dont matter to me. im not trying to sell like it seem here, have a good one

you can talk about lensces and 3 watt diodes all day but again, 3 watts isnt anythin worhty to grow with to me. use the inverse squae and figure your output...how come led makers always avoid that one...what is the total candlepower or lumens of the led then...its an easy answer that has been avoided for pages and seems now some truth is posted it turns to a personality thing

I will make a new post as I don't think it is fair to fill Guscodes thread with this discussion.

I will make sure I research the information I provide and will include links to where I get the information.

Am always happy to answer questions, but if I am going to provide evidence for my answers, expect the same from other parties who have an opposing view.

To have an informed discussion it is important to verify what we say otherwise we can say what we please and say it is the truth.

To make a point , it is important to phrase it so it can be understood and have a discernible reference points, which can be referenced.

I have a lot of work on until the end of January and will make the new post asap.

I hope this ok

Peace & understanding

Lams

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I will make a new post as I don't think it is fair to fill Guscodes thread with this discussion.

I will make sure I research the information I provide and will include links to where I get the information.

Am always happy to answer questions, but if I am going to provide evidence for my answers, expect the same from other parties who have an opposing view.

To have an informed discussion it is important to verify what we say otherwise we can say what we please and say it is the truth.

To make a point , it is important to phrase it so it can be understood and have a discernible reference points, which can be referenced.

I have a lot of work on until the end of January and will make the new post asap.

I hope this ok

Peace & understanding

Lams

Aloha lamsbread, I like the look of these LED Greenhouse lights with the monster heatsinks and no fans to break down.

http://www.dragongp.com/PDF/Plant_Grow_Lighting/Valoya_R400.pdf