More and More Cannabis Specific Nutrients on the Market

MissKittyKat

MissKittyKat, I checked it out and it is clear they leave about half the iron out of the bloom formula so you would have to spend $102.66 for 50 grams of their 0-27-27 boost powder? Like Bigmouth Mike, and Ego Erik of Advanced Nutrients of Canada it seems some people with crop specific formulas are looking to do is lift the money out of your purse as fast as they can! Arjan & Franco's Powder Feeding formulas are a far better deal using peat and adding Ca, Mg, and S with Calcium Carbonate Flour Lime 50%, Gypsum 25%, and Dolomite 25%. (12 to 20 grams per gallon) When I was operating my greenhouse in Seattle the best coarse blonde peat moss came out of Eastern Canada and was far superior than the ground up dust the producers sell as Canadian Peat. I learned a long time ago you want the lime as fine as you can get and the peat holds more air when it is not ground up like sawdust.

• Like 1

Agree with oldemarine, this thing doesn't look bad, and perhaps it does work properly, but in the end you still have to buy 4 diferent bags of powder to get a complete cycle nutirent when we only need 1 with the powderfeeding, but maybe they work better who knows ;)

If you try them please make sure to show us how it works i would be very interested to see another powder formula at work ;)

Cheers kitty :)

Dust, Hydroponic Research has a Veg + Bloom one part powder they are selling at $100 for 5 Lbs. At 1 gram per Liter the formula comes out 160 PPM Nitrogen, 44 PPM Phosphorus, 249 PPM Potassium, 180 PPM Calcium, 60 PPM Magnesium, and 45 PPM Sulphur. Almost all of the Nitrogen is in the Nitrate form a contrast to Arjan's and Franco's formula where NH4 percentage is far higher. The 15-7-22 Hybrid has 33% NH4, Sativa 18-12-18 has 44% NH4, 16-6-26 Indica has 31% NH4. I was wondering if the subject of NH4 Nitrogen levels was mentioned when Arjan and Franco spoke to the crowd about adding Cal-Mag to the Powderfeed formulas at the recent High Times event in Amsterdam?

hmm i believe this was not explained in seminar no sorry man. Right now they are busy in the team, but as soon as i see them and they have sometime i'll try to ask them to write something about the powder to get more complete informations. Can't promise it but i'll do my best ;)

Cheers man

So i was just asking to see if anyone has seen this or not. I am not going to try it. thats the last thing i need is another nute company to try out

I like some of advanced nutrients products but some are a scam. Just like all other companies. I have to try the powerfeed still which I will at the end of my current crop.

Dust, Looking at what is considered normal with NH4 Nitrogen levels in modern nutrient formulas Cees Sonneveld & Wim Voogt have 11% NH4 in the Veg. and 10% in the Gen. stages of growth for Group 2 plants. In New Zealand Simon Lennard and Dr. Lynette Morgan have NH4 Nitrogen levels of 5.5% in Veg. and 4.7% in the Gen. stage of growth. I find it interesting Arjan's & Franco's NH4 levels are 3 to 4 times higher than the Dutch Greenhouse normal, and 6 to 8 times more than Dr Morgan's target concentrations? This has me wondering about adding more ammonium nitrogen to increase thc production? Dr. Morgan wrote the book on hydroponic herb production to show increases in the quality of Rosemary were obtained with added Iron, Sulphur, Phosphorous, and Magnesium levels.

• 1 month later...