Outdoor African Strains Grown in Zimbabwe

afgrow

Welcome to my Grow Journal! This is my first, so i hope i do it right! Please bear with me!

I am growing 6 African strains, in Zimbabwe, (Southern Hemisphere). All Sativa, (obviously!)

Strains: 1 Malawi Black, 1 African Haze, 1 African Skunk, 1 Green Bomber, 1 Transkei, 1 Purple Mountain

Medium: All in buckets of soil from my farm. I mixed Very good red soil with some river sand and sheep manure. (This is my own soil medium mix that i have been perfecting over the few grows that i have done)

Ok, well this is the start! I will post pictures very soon! Hope to hear your thoughts and contributions!

• Like 2

I started by germinating 1 African Haze and 1 African Skunk in plastic cups with soil. They germinated fairly quickly and are now already close to flowering, as i am starting this journal very late!

These are the 2 just after transplanting into buckets, (African Haze in 25 litre bucket, African Skunk in 20 litre bucket.

The first pic is of the African Skunk, second is the African Haze. Excuse the look of them, they were getting eaten by bugs!

post-13184-0-60437600-1354729764.jpg

post-13184-0-06371100-1354729951.jpg

sweet will be interesting to see those girls in Africa, you're doing everything right don't worry and thanks for sharing that grow with us i hope you will succeed in that session ;)

And be sure we'll always be around to watch those girls!

Have a good grow

damn sorry bout the topped girl, try to put a net around to put animals away, and i like to put sweat on the girls and around the plants to scare them a little, but i'm not in africa lolol.

If you manage to keep her alive it can give you a nice girl with 2 main stems ;)

Thanks a lot Dust! I will try the sweat thing anyway! I can't use nets or anything out of the ordinary as i am growing in the bush, guerilla style, and it could get noticed and have my plants stolen! I have a few ideas though. ;)

• Like 1

African Skunk at 2 Months, 3 Weeks (Straight after LST)

The guy in the second picture works for me and helps me with my plants as i can't get there all the time. He's also my smoking buddy! Oh, and my shotgun in the background, to keep away poachers and ganja thieves! lolz! :)

post-13184-0-82147300-1354899542.jpg

post-13184-0-95683800-1354899729.jpg

African Skunk at 3 Months, 1 Week. Very unfortunately, the plant had both tops eaten again by an animal! This disappointed me! :( So it's not looking that great! But this didn't seem to slow the plant down much either! You can already see the 2 new branches growing quickly on the lower, right hand stem. I'm still hoping i can get some decent weed from this plant as i love the high i got from the original weed i got the seeds from! Feeling like you are in outer space! The first time i smoked this with some friends, after a while of sitting in silence my 1 friend says, 'Eeee, this is not weed, this is drugs!!!' I laughed so hard!

post-13184-0-86876800-1354904675.jpg

post-13184-0-96763600-1354904767.jpg