Outdoor African Strains Grown in Zimbabwe

afgrow

On Sunday i will post the most recent pics of the African Haze and African Skunk as well as the other 4 strains, after i have been there and taken photos. Now i am going to post pictures of the Malawi Black, Purple Mountain and Transkei.

I will start with the Transkei. This is at 2 Weeks. 1 Week after transplanting.

post-13184-0-01182300-1354906451.jpg

post-13184-0-42369800-1354906939.jpg

Ya man! And we are loving the summer! It'll be very hot right up until April, then it'll start cooling down. May is Autumn. It gets very hot here Tokage. Between like 35 degrees celcius right up to 55 degrees celcius when it is very hot!

I wish it was summer too !!! OH well next year it is. Time to sit back and enjoy, while planning and gaining more knowledge for next season. Tkx for the Msg Brotha, Much appreciated. I must say that Haze of yours looks dank. Also what soil mixture do you make? seems to have lots of N .

Till the next smoke break .. 1

Real nice outdoor grow. I feel for you with the animal attacks, but I gotta say your plants seem to keep on thriving and it is really cool to see how they respond to the spontaneous pruning. That said, I hope the animals have had their fill of your ladies and stay away! :) Awesome to see some lst outside..best of luck :biggrin:

Thanks a lot PhenoHunter! That haze is mad dank! I love it! And such a trippy high! It's by far one of the most psychedelic strains i have ever smoked! Not advisable to drive at night after smoking this, everything melds into on beautiful, very colourful blur! All the lights flash, and create awesome wierd shadows and there's stuff flashing in front of your eyes, amazing! My soil mix is quite heavy with Nitrogen yes, but it suits all these plants perfectly! Plus, i don't have to feed for about the first 1 & a half to 2 months. I mix, roughly 4 parts heavy red soil, about 1 and a half parts river sand, and about 2 parts sheep manure. i just add and mix everything by hand, not with any measurement, it's all in my head, lol.

Hi Budmeister! Thanks a lot for having a look at my grow! Ya, i love the African sun, and so do my girls! Transkei is a South African strain, with the most amazing high, it is 100% sativa. This one specifically seems to be Transkei Gold, there is also Transkei rooi bart. (Red Beard). Thanks for the interest! :)

Hi Smokeythabear, thanks a lot man! I try! Ya, was a little disappointed when that happened, but i know it's a part of living in Africa, and something we have to deal with! Yes, i am particularly amazed at the haze! It has grown into a crazy bush! I am about to upload new pics, you'll see what i mean! :) Ya, i love lst, just makes an already big plant, produce even more! Good luck with all your grows guys! Hope they are going well!

By the way, has anyone watched Grandmas Boy, the movie? Do you remember when they were sitting in the dealers living room, and he said that the tribal doctor had brought some crazy weed from Zimbabwe that turns you into a deer? Well, i live in Zimbabwe, and this African Haze is that weed! I promise you the first time i ever smoked it, i literally felt like an animal! I felt like i had 4 legs, and horns! hahaha lmfao! After smoking it, you can literally stand and look in the mirror and just get lost in it! crazy!

lol, Dust! Haha, Ya, these are all native African landraces so they take very long! Most of them between 5 and 8 Months! The Malawi's are supposed to take 4 months flowering, but in my experience it's longer than that, if you want their full potential, usually around 6 months. I had a grow that i started in August last year, and unknown strain, and it flowered for 7 months! And it still wasn't ready, but i had to harvest the plants because it was now winter, and i couldn't leave them any longer! They actually got hit by frost once, and that when i decided i had to harvest. And let me tell you, that is some really stoney weed! When you smoke it and start walking around you feel like there is a serious wind pushing you back! haha. Oh and it's not a stupid question man, i definitly have to watch out for snakes, anywhere i go, not just with the plants. Although, the most dangerous snake we have in Africa, and probably in the world, the black mamba tends to stay near to cannabis, they like it for some reason! So yes, i do have to watch out! If you get bitten by a black mamba, you will be dead within 15 to 20 minutes. Often even the anti venom doesn't work, especially if you only receive it more than 10 minutes or so after being bitten!

• Like 1

I have 4 new additions to the family! 3 new Malawi Blacks and a plant that we will call Soldier Grade just to identify. (I got this weed from the soldiers, they grew a lot of it and it was a really nice buzz, very spacey. Smelled and looked amazing too! So this plant i am growing in the ground as well as 2 of the new Malawi Blacks. I havn't taken photos of the new Malawi's yet but here is the Soldier Grade at 6 days.

post-13184-0-86181900-1356288741.jpg