Outdoor African Strains Grown in Zimbabwe

afgrow

The Malawi Black at 1 Month, 3 Weeks. I need some help, can you take a look at this plant and tell me if it looks like a male to you? It has what look like small balls on the internodes next to the hairs. Just 1 very small ball on each internode. I found 1 of these balls on the African Haze a while ago but the next week i couldn't see it anymore, i think it turned out to be a new growth site. But the Malawi has quite a few..

post-13184-0-91052500-1356292882.jpg

post-13184-0-17155500-1356293063.jpg

post-13184-0-93044600-1356293168.jpg

post-13184-0-37693700-1356293278.jpg

Thanks Santa Maria! Well, i don't know actually! I would have expected the Haze to start by now, but it seems to be delaying. lol I havn't grown any of these strains before except for the Malawi's and they were the Gold, not the Black. Hopefully they will be done flowering within 5 months, as June is winter! I have to harvest in May!

Fantastic!!!

awesome healthy plants they love the african Sun and your Soil mix...

what i can see i would say the Malawi Black is a male looks pretty strechy and branch less for a sativa Lady and on the first pic it looks like the producing of male bags so have an eye on him chop him or bring him to and place far away let him flower and keep his polls :D

the rest looks great like I said... I fall in Love with your African Haze what a wonderfull Woman ;)

i wish you a healthy grow and keep us update

Peace!

thanks for all those nice pics afgrow girls seems to be still loving the african sun ;)

When you upload your pictures, in the white box next to the delete button you will see "add to post" button click on it wherever you want to introduce the picture in your text, that way you won't have to make a diferent post for each plant ;)

Check here there is a screenshot:

Should be faster for you to upload this way you can take pictures 10 by 10 i think or 6 by 6 maybe ^^

Have a good grow keep them pics coming ;)

Thanks a lot PencilJoe! They make me smile everyday knowning that i can grow my own, and how much i learn everyday. It's awesome! I'm super medicated right now. haha :) Thanks a lot for you're expertise about the malawi. I had decided that it was a male, but had to get advice from all the experts here on Strainhunters! Thank you!

Thanks a lot Dust! Ok, now i am starting to understand this a bit more! lol I'll try that when i next update! Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you have an awesome holiday! I know i am! :)

• Like 1

This is a picture from my previous grow. I 'Inherited' 2 Plants from someone after they had not been looked after very well at all in their vegetative stage. I decided to take on the challenge anyway, as a learning grow, just to gain some more experience. Previous grows i have done have had all kinds of issues and i had not gotten any plants to fully finish, either because of drowning from excessive rain, or being stolen, or discovered and ripped out, or chopped and left on the ground. So this was the first plant that i had grown to (almost) completion. I got these 2 plants when they had just started flowering. Sadly I had to harvest them because it had become to cold, being the begining of real winter. I harvested them at 7 and a half months flowering and still could have gone quite a bit longer if it weren't for the cold! They were in a very sorry state when i first got them, and so i nursed them as well as i could. :)

This is at 7 Months and 4 Days.

post-13184-0-46176600-1356393159.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again hunters! Happy New Year! I hope you had a really good time, and that you have a really prosperous 2013!

I am back after a short holiday/party/festival for new year, was really good! The plants have exploded with growth, i am amazed at how well they are coming along! Here is the latest update, starting with the Transkei. This truly is an amazing plant! I have never grown a plant that has developed at this speed and in this way. It's my baby! It is also already smelling amazing!

Transkei at 1 Month & 3 Weeks

I fed her with a small dose, (no real measurment) of my fert mix of AN and Compound D after i took the photos. It has been raining a fair bit here, and the plants are loving it, so i have not had to water in a while. :)

post-13184-0-89557100-1357500583.jpg

post-13184-0-46569000-1357500668.jpg

post-13184-0-92358000-1357500831.jpg

post-13184-0-41063800-1357500903.jpg

Now for the Malawi Black. In my previous post i was concerned about the Malawi being a male due to some small, what looked like 'balls'. I asked your advice and you all agreed. Well, i decided to keep it for a bit and monitor it closely. The balls have completely disappeared and the plant is starting to get nice and bushy! I am fairly certain now that it is not a male, and so relieved as well! :) I imagine those balls could have been really tiny new shoots. The smell of the malawi is quite potent already and is a very woody smell. Malawi Black at 2 Months and 1 Week.

post-13184-0-62473600-1357501926.jpg

The top of the malawi has bent and started growing to the side, all on it's own, and created another shoot right next to it, essentially splitting into 2 shoots giving it the look of having been topped! lol

post-13184-0-17255400-1357502062.jpg

post-13184-0-07557100-1357502305.jpg

Sorry about the blurry pic, but if you look closely you can see the singular pistil and no ball!

post-13184-0-31723700-1357502399.jpg

I am having a problem uploading the rest of the pictures, even in a new post.. Whenever i try to add a new picture it says the the upload failed because the file is too big, it happens with any picture i try to upload. All my pics are less than 2mb, it says that the largest file we can add is 4mb. Can anyone help? Dust? Admin? Thank you in advance, and hope you like what i have posted so far! :)

• 3 months later...

Lowrider! Thanks for dropping by! Nice to hear of another semi neighbor. Lol And yes, so lovely! I just happened to smoke a small j of some test buds of 1 of my malawi black plants. Things are very fantastic currently. Haha . A lot of fun stuff going on in front of my eyes that I can see all over the place. :) how's your grow, if your growing? Stay well!

• 3 months later...

hello all! Wow it has been ages since i updated this journal. i just got lazy after the space issue. i was also extremely busy!

Well, everything has been harvested, and is absolutely fantastic! So i am going to do a review/summary of the rest of the grow. Hope you enjoy! as i am! have a great day!

and now for the Afchoc haze, formally African haze, well it turned hermie the second week into flowering. Oh well! lol

The Transkei, and the malawi black also hermied unfortunately. (It was due to really, really excessive torrential rain! We got 55 inches of rain in 1 weekend!!! That is usually our annual rainfall amount! A years worth of rain in 2 days!!!

Luckily i had already planted 2 more malawi black plants and these are the pictures i will show you now.

n2et.jpg

c85v.jpg

d5kd.jpg