Why don't my nugs have any scent?

dHetep

I recently harvested and during the triming process everything was very aromatic however, as the buds dried the scent went away. It doesn't smell like anything not even grass. This happened after my first harvest and I realized what I was doing wrong with regards to humidity, temp, and curing. This harvest was is still curing, humidity at 55, temp at 70F, curing some in a wooden box, and the rest in light proof air tight glass containers. it has been 8 days now and still no scent. Is this a genetics thing or are there additonal steps I'm missing?

Guest superbluehaze

Every strain is different as regards scent and taste.

Your buds must have some odor as the chlorophyll is breaking down.

What strain are you talking about?

happy growing

john

It is sometimes due to the strain yes but can also be other factors involved. Was it smelly during flowering or just when it was disturbed during trimming?

High humidity and or heat in flowering, early and late harvest and quick drying can all lead to loss of flavour, smell, strength. Your drying conditions do sound fine tho.

Are you curing in a jar?

I noticed that a few plants I grew outside last year, that were hit by a storm and had to come out early had a weird scent. I kept burping the jar, and a few months later, I went to smoke some, and after not opening it up for a bit, the smell when I opened the jar was pure lemons.

Give it time, real time.

I had the same problem>>>i harvested HawiianSnow, Trainwreck, Ultra Haze#2, and all of them smelled really pungent right before i cut them down, but after i started to dri them they lost there smell some what...all dring conditions were optimal 2...its Frustrating when ya think your gettin just the dankest smelling shit on earth and then 14 days later its smells like wood or a lite floral...i would love to know in order what the hell ya do to keep that great smell...and i do understand that some strains just dont smell that pungent, does hydro smell better than organic? idk but could someone please tell me the steps ya do right after ya cut them down, so i can dry and cure these big green gems properly :)

the strains were 2 bubble gum, 2 afgani, and 2 hash plant. all of the plants had a faint scent while flowering you had to put your nose right up on them however if the plant was disturbed a brnch moved or shook the scent got stronger. once hrvested the faint scent went away after two days of drying. I cured two different ways in a wooden box, no scent, in a glass jar no scent, in a ziplock bag some scent. I harvested when the trichomes were white they hadn't turned mahaghony yet.