250W or 400W, Dark Street II DS60

badcat

Dear Friends,

I want to make new setup. I'll use Dark Street II DS60, 60cm x 60cm x 140cm

I also use Cooltube reflector and MH and HPS lamps...

but just I want to now,, which one,

250W or 400W

400W is more harvest??? or just more electricity bill for this grow tent :))

post-10771-0-63235400-1355759384.jpg

tn_gallery_17842_707_662030.jpg

this is day 8 under a metal halide for your room i would go a 250 and if you can afford it buy a air cooled shade this will let you get the light closer to

the plant. The 250 watt's are great for little tent's use mh to grow as you want short stocky plants then use a hps to flower

• Like 1

here is a picture of the shade and the light runs so cool you can also start using co2 from yeast or a small cylinder

tn_gallery_17842_707_780092.jpg

imho a 250 watt is great and the less power consumption the better even a couple of compact fluro's to boost the

lumens would not hurt as long as you can keep your gro room nice and cool i use a air cooled shade and when they

get bigger i start the c02 the beauty of the tent is that it is cheap to run co2 in it a bottle last for ages

• Like 1

Yeah 250 will give you great results once you will handle it nice, a friend had 60 room with a 250, and was doing 1 plant of about 170g each time, but you have to practice and get familiar with the lamp it's a diferent use on those small ladies ^^

a 400w will give you more yeild yes, you will be able to grow higher plants if your room is high enough cause of the better penetration, but you'll have to be sure you won't have heat issues in your room cause it will get hot as soon as weather will warm up, cooltube or any other extracted light system will be necessary i think.

But i don't know if diference would be big enough to justify the extra bill, maybe buy a digital ballast that can do 250 and 400w on demand ;) Think some lumatek have this options$

Good luck

• Like 1

yeah welcome to the dr 60 world......jep i recommend a 250 w hps its normal for this tent but with cooltube......if u place the tent in a very cold room like i did u can run a 400w with cooltube but better go with 250w its perfect for that tent..... if u got some questions bout pot sizes ect feel free to pm me or catch me in the chat. nice to see someone else is runnin the dr 60 too gd luck with your grows.......

Ninjah

• Like 1

the little set up that i showed in my earlier post is under a 250w and with co2 i can get up to 200g per plant

the trick is to have it in grow for 4 weeks, on the third week of veg i start the co2 at 1500ppm

when using co2 a can almost guarantee a double in yield and the crop time is reduced by 20%

• Like 1