Chemdog seeds cracked but no growth..

MissKittyKat

Hey everyone..

So being in Canada I had to purchase seeds to enter the cup. I did so and I got Bubba Kush and Chemdog. While I was at the seed store I also purchased several other strains by other seed companies. I did my germination and all the seeds went fine except the chemdog. I mean what are the chances that just that strain doesn't germinate?

The seeds cracked but thats it. No other growth. So now I just put them in the soiless mix and hope that they come up. I don't think they will as all the other seeds including the GHSC bubba kush is all in veg state now. I have a lot of experience growing from seed and never have problems.

So now I am out the 60 bucks for seeds and don't have any chemdog, which I was looking forward to. I guess GHSC doesn't take seeds back or replace them, but I think the seeds I got were old or not stored correctly or both. The retailer will not take them back or swap them, or replace them.

So...I will only have one strain entering now, and will most likely not purchase GHSC seeds again. I can not have something like this happen again when you need it for medicine.

i would say dont blame it n the strain or breeder....its a retailer prop thats why i never shop at retailers only direct at breeders..... most of them dont store the seeds right....i got a order from a retailer in which almost the half of the seeds came in destroyed....i had weeks of stress with the shop and didnt get them replaced so no more retailers only shopping directly at the breeders shops.....

Btw i never had issues with Ghsc germination a 100% only 1 of the cabooses came out as a retarted plant but one in judred i call it natural selection!!! trust me dont shop at retailers and if u cant shop at breeders directly check out if u can connect with someone who can and can send u the seeds ;)

damn that's shitty news for you kitty, and it sucks from the retailer to not replace it? did you try showing your breast or maybe make your keys fall in front of him before asking him !! you'd have better chances for sure hihi ;)

Jokes apart, chemdog is one of the strain on the top of my todo list too and i'm sad to hear you will maybe not grow it, GH guarantee germination, but i think it's only when it comes from their own stocks, as they control the storagethey can do this, but i guess for retailers might not work, give it a try who knows!

But GH don't make 1 seeds pack normally, are you 100% sure of your retailer?

Gh won't send seeds to the usa, don't know about Canada?

I buy my GH seeds via. Herbies in the UK.

I sware that the seeds usually arrive before my CC is billed, really fast.

Out of 18 seeds all have Germ. plus 6 free seeds all Germ,

Sorry for your loss.

PS: I think the world will continue, of course the day (21) is not over yet :-)

yes I am sure it was a legit package. It was a package of 5 seeds, that I split with Greenomatic...I think maybe they were old or not stored correctly. Not GHSC's fault that the retailer does this.

I am not sure if i will try another retailer or though other means?

• Like 1

yeah i understand your carefulness with retailers now, it is very sad that GH can't send directly that would solve every problems ^^

But who knows maybe in coming years things will happen ;) Who knows... :rabbi: :rabbi:

And one big ting......hw u germinate em.....most greenhouse strains u have to soak em in water cause the seedshells are bit harder then other seeds.....we had the same prop at Fim´s Cup Seeds but we got it sorted and only lost 1-2 ill often hear that when u aint soaking em they hardly germinate....greetz Ninjah

Another way to get those hard seeds to crack . Get a match box, fine sand paper. Cut the paper the size of the match box, put inside of box. Then put your seed in the box and shake for 30 seconds or so. Now the seed is scruffed so the water can penatrate through the shell. Then you let them soak. Hope this helps. Peace ,jethead

• Like 1

thanks for the comments. Actually they did crack just no growth after they cracked. The GHSC Bubba Kush was no problem, same with 3 or 4 other stains I started from other companies. Just the chemdog had progblems. So Greenomatic has the other half of the seeds so hiopefull those are ok and I can get some clones!

ah okay gd to have some backupseeds at a freinds house hehe.....sounds like the retailer stored the seeds too long or stored them wrong never saw seeds cracking butnot growing once i had the prop that they cracked germinated but all plants came out retarded and that were some longer stored seeds too.

i bought some seeds from green house not directly but mine never grew past 1 foot they ether died or were retarted i dont blame green house i blame the seed place, so as each day goes by i learn something new, now thats what this place is all about.

• Like 1

yeah we often hear case of seeds not growing or growing strange, and almost 90% of the time it's from resaler that the seed come from, sad to think they can't even manage to keep things right for their customers.. that's why i always recommend to take directly on website ;) And if you take picture of the germination process, you'll have 100% germination warranty what can we ask for much and they are pretty understandable most of the time if it's a genetic problem or things like that.

But unfortunatly not everyone can enjoy their services yet, let's hope it quickly changes for everyone ;)

• 4 months later...

I popped all 5 from a pack i bought in my local grow store and all are going well except 1 pheno which is growing huge fan leaves and fk all bud sites. 2 of the others are coming out perfect, other 2 are stretchers.