*COMPLETE* Smokey's Yin-Yang (Trainwreck & SLH) Powderfeed SCROG - 600W HPS + 4 x LEDs

Smokeythabear

SORRY SOMEHOW HIT SEND/ENTER WITHOUT THE PICS! HERE THEY ARE :P

Hello friends, another couple days and lots of growth as well as a possible mutant in the bunch! :P Please feel free to comment or advise as I haven't yet had to make a decision on a plant like this and would enjoy the experience and advice of my fellow growers. Not that tossing a messed up seedling would be a big deal at this stage. I think I will give her till tomorrow anyways and see what more she does. So far she is growing..but you will notice her red stem..probably not photosynthesizing quite right with messed up leaves and not getting proper nutrition or something like that. BUT CHECK OUT HER ROOTS! CRAZY

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night/day wherever you are! Enjoy the babies

BTW - I know they are small and I'm throwing many updates..I definitely don't expect comments every update, but if you have advice or something to say it is more than welcome! :)

And how about that giant field of Greenhouse genetics/plants in the latest videos!!! HOLY SH#T..AMAZING!~

08/01/13 – Day 1 veg

Tasks completed:

- Watered each peat pellet evenly and thoroughly w/290 ppm mineral water pH @ 6.0

- Turned off heat mat

- Turned on room heater

Environment & measurements:

Temp @ top of “canopy”: 25°C (measured w/ thermometer probe)

Room temperature: 21°C

Room rH @ 65 - 70%

Light height from tallest plant: 7.5 cm

1st to sprout, Trainwreck#2 height: 6.25 cm tall (+ 1.75 cm in 24 hrs)

SLH’s height (all same height) = 3.8 cm tall

Summary:

- Trainwreck#3’s first true leaves were still not opening and the stem was reddish telling me she probably wasn’t getting proper nutrients because of this. With the idea that if they don’t open the baby will probably not survive I first attempted to coax them open carefully with clean fingers but it didn’t work. Next I used a box cutter blade dipped in 99% isopropyl alcohol and carefully inserted the blade between the leaves and pried/sliced them open. She doesn’t look bad, but also doesn’t look that amazing either. I will give her a few days to see what happens and then if she doesn’t show good growth I may germinate another Trainwreck to replace her.

09/01/13 - Day 2 veg

Tasks completed:

- Set-up small oscillating fan to give the girls a little breeze to promote air circulation & get them dancing to promote strong stems.

- Lowered T5 light 1 cm

Environment & Measurements:

Temp @ top of “canopy” light on: 25°C

Room temperature lights on: 23 - 24 °C

Night temperature: 20 - 21°C

Room rH @ 65 - 70%

Light height from tallest plant: 6 cm

Tallest Trainwreck is #2 height: 7cm tall (+ 0.5 cm in 24 hrs)

Tallest SLH is #1 height: 5.4 cm tall (+ 1.6 cm in 24 hrs)

Summary:

- OTHER THAN TW#3 EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL & even she is growing J

I’m starting to think that TW#3 is a mutant and that is why her leaves were so funny and she continues to look strange BUT has grown a bunch of really nice white fuzzy roots out of the bottom of her already! More than any other plant..very interesting and I’m not sure what to do yet. I will give her another day and see what happens as she is definitely photosynthesizing despite her mutated leaves & she is growing in height as well. Maybe she will grow out of it maybe not. I would be happy to hear any opinions if anyone would like to share them J

- Purchased today:

- Finally purchased a Hanna EC meter!

- 4 L pots for transplant from Jiffy’s

- 6 inch inductor inline fan (rated 250 cfm but I'm skeptical of numbers but don't need a big intake fan) for tent intake w/hose to extend into & draw are from cooler adjacent room – an upgrade from passive intake :)

- Large size CO2 generating pads for tent

post-14382-0-45385900-1357780431.jpg

post-14382-0-64149100-1357780434.jpg

post-14382-0-90120900-1357780437.jpg

post-14382-0-96242700-1357780440.jpg

post-14382-0-51423000-1357780443.jpg

post-14382-0-67718000-1357780446.jpg

• Like 3

They look pretty good to me ;) Enven the strange one i think she should recover pretty fast in her next set of leaves ;)

That purple on the stem at this stage i wouldn't mind too much it is very often seen, and it might just be caused byt the cold weather as they are more often wet at this stage they take little more "cold" and react to it faster as they are small

anyway keep us updated man on the goow way and nice little roots growing ;)

• Like 1

They look pretty good to me ;) Enven the strange one i think she should recover pretty fast in her next set of leaves ;)

That purple on the stem at this stage i wouldn't mind too much it is very often seen, and it might just be caused byt the cold weather as they are more often wet at this stage they take little more "cold" and react to it faster as they are small

anyway keep us updated man on the goow way and nice little roots growing ;)

Thanks Dust :) Ya I'm just gonna let the mutant grow out and see what happens as I'm curious now. Her 2nd set of true leaves are just appearing and they look normal so far but are still tiny. I've decided to modify feeding plans which I will discuss in my next update so it will work out fine in the end anyways..at least I have 2 very healthy ones competing right now and one will get just PW with the other PW + additives.

About the purple stem, I would completely agree with you and that would make sense except my lowest temperature only gets down to 20 Celsius & the mutant is the only one with the purple stem. No big deal, just an observation and it was curious to me. Thanks for the input bro! :biggrin:

Yes those roots was crazy white. And they had a record speed. How much did you pay for the Hanna?

Yes was shocked as hell at the speed of her roots..it was an unexpected surprise for sure and one of the reasons I want to see what she will do the mutant bitch :girlwerewolf: lol.

I got the Hanna DiST 4 for $85 Canadian which works out to about $65 Euros if that helps at all. Not super cheap, but Hanna usually makes good gear so hopefully it lasts.

looking good smokey!

Thanks for stopping by Kali!

Gonna do some tent cleaning & set up 1 of the LED's as main lighting with 2 of the T5's on each side as secondary so that I can give the babies as many different wavelengths of the colour spectrum as possible.

A small update with pictures of the babies in their new homes tonight or tomorrow morning :)

• Like 2

alright bro a great strain choice as well!!!! hopefully they treat you as well as your last auto grow did that was something else .

you should go out and pick up a bunch of bamboo stick's and shit to hold the branchs up because that trainwreck strain seems to need it the growth is very viney but its a nice one to grow i think you will like it i had problems with it at first but once i got that worked out the growth has been great. anyways bro imma pull up a chair and roll u some Alaskan ice for this one !!! happy huntin brother!!!

• Like 1

Happy to see the smalls... As the others i would not mind any in that stage, ive had some struggle germinations myself recently :D

Broke a taproot of the Urkle, but even that seems to be in recovering mode, its impressive how strong this small plants can be.

Greenos tip with the bamboos isnt far off i would say, ive seen some massive wrecks, one reason i went for the k-train :D seem to be killer gens to me :D

Germinations seems to be all greenhouse like, without much struggles and happy smiling growers...

keep it up bro

and yes....You wanna do the textwork for my threads ? muahahha

I wish i had such a mood to write it so detailed and readable, almost eatable....great. Love your threads.

peace

• Like 1

alright bro a great strain choice as well!!!! hopefully they treat you as well as your last auto grow did that was something else .

you should go out and pick up a bunch of bamboo stick's and shit to hold the branchs up because that trainwreck strain seems to need it the growth is very viney but its a nice one to grow i think you will like it i had problems with it at first but once i got that worked out the growth has been great. anyways bro imma pull up a chair and roll u some Alaskan ice for this one !!! happy huntin brother!!!

Thanks again man :) Ya it took a lot of thought to chose the strains, especially a hybrid. Hahaha..I'm just thinking back to when I was crying because I couldn't get the new strain seeds and I didn't think I would be able to find a Hybrid I really wanted to grow..WOW I will keep trying to take both feet back out of my mouth so to speak lol. After closer inspection there are at least 6 really nice Hybrids that I want to grow out in the future. Oh well, at least I can look back and laugh at my stupidity :P

As for the bamboo that would be great advice if I wasn't scrogging them lol. It's ok man, ..pass that Alaskan Ice this way bro..mmmmmm LOL :laugh: And if for some reason I'm missing something here and I'm the stoner, I've got a couple dozen bamboo stakes I picked up when I first started growing :) Happy to keep a seat for ya man

Happy to see the smalls... As the others i would not mind any in that stage, ive had some struggle germinations myself recently :D

Broke a taproot of the Urkle, but even that seems to be in recovering mode, its impressive how strong this small plants can be.

Greenos tip with the bamboos isnt far off i would say, ive seen some massive wrecks, one reason i went for the k-train :D seem to be killer gens to me :D

Germinations seems to be all greenhouse like, without much struggles and happy smiling growers...

keep it up bro

and yes....You wanna do the textwork for my threads ? muahahha

I wish i had such a mood to write it so detailed and readable, almost eatable....great. Love your threads.

peace

Hahaha thanks a lot atrox, you're gonna make me blush..I'm happy that people find my long-winded journals interesting and useful as I often think I go overboard :P It does take quite a bit of time sometimes to write them but I like to try and paint a vivid picture of what is going on in the garden and sometimes in my head (scary I know!) and hope it helps some growers not make the same mistakes as I do or gives someone and idea and people enjoy it. I know reading yours and others journals has helped me HUGELY to advance my skills and without you and others like you who choose to share I wouldn't be even half as skilled as I am already so hopefully I can give back. That you and others enjoy them makes the time it takes worth it. It definitely helps that English is my first language..and since it is my only truly fluent language I should at least be good at one eh? :P

As for the bamboo stakes..are you and Greeno sharing that Alaskan Ice?? LOL..scrogging remember? :acute: It's ok bro..we're all in the same boat :) Hope your Urkle recovers nicely..I'm curious to see that strain grown out

• Like 1

That is a very nice start. I think you can do without the Bamboo. They only make sene when you string the stem up anyway - you can use ganja stems if you ain't got Bamboo around..lol

For the "mutant" - just wait for the next bunch of leaves and see how they lokk. Hope all works out fine till the end..

• Like 1

And another quick update. The babies have been moved into the tent with more & different light They seemed to have really liked it last night, lights are coming on in 20 minutes and then I will get a better look at them. Here is what has been happening and pictures from the past 2 days (days 4 & 5). I will have measurements next update

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend!

PEACE!

10/01/13 - Day 3 veg

Tasks completed:

- Watered plants w/290 ppm mineral water pH @ 6.0 @ 10 pm previous evening

11/01/13 - Day 4 veg

Tasks completed:

- Watered plants w/290 ppm mineral water pH @ 6.0 @ 4 pm

- -cleaned tent w/ DNF Natural Cleaner

- BABIES MOVED TO NEW HOME IN TENT

- set up 2 x LED lights on 45 degree angle (@ 28 cm ) on either side of the plants and 1 x T5 light in the center directly above the plants (@ 9 cm)

- turned Seabreaze internal oscillating fan on low and set-up to blow a nice breeze on the seedlings

- mixed new mineral water w/ pH @ 5.9 EC: 0.66

post-14382-0-55064500-1358013153.jpg

post-14382-0-08082800-1358013191.jpg

post-14382-0-04533900-1358013201.jpg

post-14382-0-68184600-1358013212.jpg

post-14382-0-97623800-1358014273.jpg

post-14382-0-56519300-1358014282.jpg

post-14382-0-62349000-1358014299.jpg

post-14382-0-96803600-1358014317.jpg

post-14382-0-93069500-1358014326.jpg

post-14382-0-90410600-1358014334.jpg

• Like 2

Good man everything under control here, healthy babies with cool lighting ;)

When are you moving them in their medium?

Have a good grow mna kee the pic coming ;)

Thanks man..moving them into new pots in the next couple of days I hope. I'm still waiting for more roots to show through the jiffy's, I think I've been babying them a little too much with water and making the roots growth slower. I'm going to try and stretch out watering them longer but I'm most worried about being gone too long and them drying out :P I was thinking about cutting the mesh around them and gently pulling off the peat around the roots to expose them to the new media them transplanting them but my gut is telling me this may result in disaster and to wait out the roots. Growth is good up top..too good lol..TW#2 wants to lean over and have a rest lol.

Nice looking led´s. Are a few of those diodes broken or is it just my eye´s playing a trick on me?

They can´t almost wait to go in to their new home ;)

The picture is playing a trick on you..you're eyes are still fine even after all those years staring at HID's lol. There are a few that aren't as bright, I'm told this is part of the design and has to do with frequencies of light if I remember right, and in the picture they look burnt. Ya man as soon as I see some more roots..I'm getting anxious over here too :)

UPDATE..INFO (for those who like to read) & ADDED PICTURES JUST SCROLL DOWN and OVER PICTURES FOR NAMES

Here's what's been happening over the past couple days for those who are interested. I've started to indicated my days with 2 days since the TW#1 was the only one up the first day :P

12/01/13 - Day 5-6 veg

Tasks completed:

- Watered at 12:30 pm

- moved LED’s back to 30 cm – Being babies, I don’t want to overwhelm them with light intensity

Temp @ top of “canopy” light on: 25 °C

Room temperature lights on: 22- 24°C

Night temperature: 20 - 21 °C

Room rH: 62 – 68 @ %

Light height from tallest plant (T5): 12.5 cm

Light height from tallest plant (LEDs): 30 cm

Tallest Trainwreck height: 8.2 cm tall

Tallest SLH is #1 height: 7.6 cm tall

Summary & Observations:

- I think I’m going to use the Enhance pine oil additive on all plants to protect against various fungi and disease. While I would like to keep the comparison as “pure” as possible and use as little additives as possible with the “only Powderfeed” plants, I don’t want to take the chance of my crop getting ruined by fungus and not finishing, and past experience has made me very wary and vigilant of fungus. It may possibly be the area I live in & the climate etc., I live in a newer house yet often find mold in window sills in winter months, and it is winter here now and very humid.

- CHANGE OF PLANS:

- Due to the mutant baby that is not looking like she will not grow out normal at all, (I was wrong, her first leaves are f’d too lol) there has been a change of plans that will actually make things much more simple.

Trainwreck’s & SLH’s #1 will receive extra additives during vegetation & flowering as well as the GHSC™ Powderfeed while plants #2 & #3 from each strain will receive only Powderfeed (plus additives that I feel are necessary for my situation). Still the top 4 plants will move into 23 L pots and into the scrog tent with 1 from each strain just PF and 1 PF + extra additives.

13/01/13: Day 6 - 7

Tasks completed:

- Mixed up some mild nutrients for the babies today using r/o + Cal-Mag Plus + Mothers PF with an EC goal of 0.7. While the mineral water has an EC of about 0.66, the minerals in it are not ideal for cannabis and it is time to switch them to a little bit of the “good stuff”.

Nutrient mix:

1 L r/o water +

Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus @ 0.50 mL/L

GHSC Mother Plants Powderfeed @ 0.25 g/L

EC: 0.80 Water temp: 20°C pH: 6.0

Summary & observations:

- Rooting seems to have really slowed down. I’m thinking that with the heating mat and the pellets at about 25-26 degrees rooting took off but having to turn off the mat (no thermostat and temperature must be VERY closely monitored) has dropped soil temperatures. Not to a dangerous level but enough to really slow down rooting. Growth is good up top. I’m going to try and keep the room temperature up a bit so that temp @ pellet base is about 25-26 degrees, and make sure they dry out enough between waterings. I have had to water them early quite a few times because I was going to be out for the day, one of the disadvantages of using such small pellets. This may be making them a bit lazy w/a bit too much water and not encouraging root growth enough.

14/01/2013: Day 7-8

Summary & observations:

- 12 pm: Babies seemed to have liked the 1st real food and are nice and green and growing their second set of leaves nicely. Unfortunately only a couple have multiple roots showing through, not enough that I want to risk transplanting yet. The past 2 days I’ve been able to let them dry out more to promote root growth. I’m hoping to transplant in the next couple of days. TW#2 is having a difficult time staying upright with her relatively large first leaves and I’m having to use the other plants for support at times or she leans right over. I may have to transplant her before the others. Also have been trying to keep room temp steady at 26 degrees lights on and 22 lights off to keep them nice and warm. Temperature had been bouncing up and down a little with lack of time to pay attention to it, nothing serious, just not as high as it could be to promote rooting.

EDIT:

5 pm – While watering babies I noticed that, with the exception of TW#1, there are multiple roots starting to show out of the pellets! It seems they loved that I started them on Powderfeed and rewarded me with roots. I’m planning on transplanting them to the 3.5 liter containers on the 15th or 16th in the evening so they can rest and get used to their new environment.

Here are the pictures, next pictures will be after transplanting on the 15th or 16th when they are in their new pots :)

PEACE :bye:

post-14382-0-22948700-1358204350.jpg

post-14382-0-19016600-1358204363.jpg

post-14382-0-45304800-1358204379.jpg

post-14382-0-88296300-1358206026.jpg

post-14382-0-17511700-1358206042.jpg

• Like 3

HI Smokey !!!!

thank you for his new picture still nice below the LED .I like deformity I will follow this plant it often gives good result

Peace !!!

Hi miminexus, I'm glad you like the pictures, under the LED it can be tricky to get nice clear pictures, the camera doesn't quite know what to do with the LED light sometimes. It would be cool if the deformed plant turned into a monster. As long as it's not a monster hermie lol

Good job the plants look super-healthy, keep it up ...

Smoke and Love

Thanks bro! I'm having a couple minor issues with spots but I'm hoping they get straightened out with an increase in the CaL-Mag Plus and moving into bigger pots, I find it can be a bit tricky using r/o water getting the dosage right at the beginning.

Im pleased to learn my eye´s did deceive me and it makes perfect sense.

Good to see you keep an eye on that heating mat. I got one as well and they get way to hot for Plants to stand on or germinate seeds on if left alone. If you do not own a thermostat, placing a towel under the mat and fold it until you get desired temp is a good way.

Good to hear they all take root and as i write most of them should show right?

What is "Enhance pine oil additive"?

Good luck buddy and thanks for sharing

Ya I propped my heat mat with magazines and a few other things around lol. But I still found I couldn't leave it for long without having to check it and often finding it climbing a bit high. I may invest in a mat with a thermostat for next grow. There always seems to be something to buy on my wish list :P

Ya man they were all starting to show some nice roots and I transplanted them into 3.5 L pots last night and today added another LED and another T5 to balance out the spectrum. I will have new pictures with an update tomorrow.

I'm glad you asked about the Enhance pine oil, it's pretty cool stuff and a totally natural bio-degradable additive that comes from pine tree needles as the name suggests. Here is a link for the actual product and another concerning research concerning pine oil and agriculture uses. I used it almost every watering at not even 1/2 strength last grow. A bonus for the wife is that when I water with it the whole house smells clean like pine cleaner!! lol

http://hydroponics.ca/dnf_enhance.html

http://www.hydroponi...r_organics.html

UPDATE WITH PICTURES TOMORROW! :)

• Like 2

Hello friends and hunters! :bye:

Here are the pictures I mentioned yesterday, as well as what has been happening in the garden of goodness :)

I hope you all enjoy the pictures and have a wonderful smoke-filled weekend! :wink:

16/01/2013: Day 9-10 – MOVING DAY!!

- The babies have outgrown their pellets and are ready for bigger homes so they can stretch their roots. Transplanted all six babies into 3.5 L pots after drilling multiple extra holes for drainage, everything went well with no issues.

- Noticed a few small spots on big TW#2 that may be calcium spots. I increased the Cal-Mag plus a little and I’m hoping this helps the problem.

- Also noticed some black/dark brown tissue on the tips of the 1st leaves of the smallest SLH, other than that she looks fine. I’m going to keep a close eye on her and see if the transplant and increase in nutes etc. helps her out.

Media preparation for transplant:

Step 1 – Soaked Grodan™ rockwool growcubes for 30 mins in r/o water +

Cal Mag Plus @ 0.875 mL/L x 8 L = 7 mL (EC 0.44)

GHSC Mother’s PF @ 0.25 g/L x 8 = 2 g (EC 0.48)

pH @ 5.6 Total EC: 0.93

Step 2 – Soaked Hydrotron clay pellets in r/o water +

Cal Mag Plus @ 0.625 mL/L

GHSC Mother’s PF @ 0.25 g/L

pH @ 5.6 EC: 0.85

for 15 minutes and agitated a few times to wash thoroughly and clean sediment from pellets then drained

Step 3 – Wetted the dry Pro-mix HP with r/o water +

Cal-Mag Plus @ 0.625 mL/L x 10 L = 6 mL (EC 0.24)

GHSC Mother’s @ 0.125 g/L x 10 L = 1.3 g (EC 0.28)

pH @ 5.5 Total EC: 0.52

then mixed it 50/50 with the growcubes

Step 4- Lined the bottom of the 3.5 L pots with a nice thick layer of Hydrotron pellets

Step 5 - Filled the pots with soiless /growcube mix leaving room for the peat pellet/seedling and a top layer of hydrotron

Step 6 - Sprinkled ¼ tsp as per directions of Botannicare ZHO root inoculant (mychorrizae, trichoderma, amino acid) in circular area where seedling was to be placed

Step 7 – Cut mesh from top of peat pellets and rolled down ¼ of the way down the pellet so water penetrates and reaches root ball. Some growers remove mesh completely, I’ve done both and left them on for the autoflower grow and the roots grow through them with no problem.

Step 8 - Placed pellet in pot on top of sprinkled ZHO and filled in with Promix/growcube mix then topped with light layer of hydrotron

Step 9 – Watered around pellet with nutrient mix from Pro-mix wetting (Step 3)

17/01/2013: Day 10-11

Tasks completed:

- Added 3rd LED & 2nd T5 Sunblaster above babies in a configuration that I’m really happy with. I wish I had a light meter (add to wish list) to test exactly how much light they are getting. I’m pretty sure the spectrum is nice and wide with the combined light from the 2 types of light.

Temp @ top of “canopy” light on: 25-27 °C

Night temperature: 20 - 22 °C

Room rH: 55 – 65 @ %

Light height from tallest plant (T5): 17 cm

Light height from tallest plant (LEDs): 28 cm

Largest Trainwreck leafspan: 10 cm

Largest SLH leafspan: 9 cm

** Height measurement will now be restarted since much of the stem has been buried at transplant

post-14382-0-30904600-1358550108.jpg

post-14382-0-66497000-1358550120.jpg

post-14382-0-90582100-1358550135.jpg

post-14382-0-02702600-1358550146.jpg

post-14382-0-19831900-1358550160.jpg

post-14382-0-46858000-1358550173.jpg

post-14382-0-12887900-1358550226.jpg

post-14382-0-24685500-1358550269.jpg

post-14382-0-11824600-1358550305.jpg

post-14382-0-76422000-1358550336.jpg

post-14382-0-02377800-1358550351.jpg

post-14382-0-27765300-1358550370.jpg

post-14382-0-62162100-1358550384.jpg

post-14382-0-99875100-1358550402.jpg

post-14382-0-26649100-1358550416.jpg

post-14382-0-09875100-1358550510.jpg

post-14382-0-69848800-1358550525.jpg

post-14382-0-17643100-1358550540.jpg

post-14382-0-29055400-1358550565.jpg

post-14382-0-72398300-1358550603.jpg

post-14382-0-93496600-1358550612.jpg

• Like 2

hey man! as usual clean detailed updated, lots of useful infos and beautiufl pictures once again :D

For the girl with problem it looks like phosphorus problem no?

Beside that setup looks nice and clean and girls growing nicely :D

Have a good grow man ;)

• Like 1

hey man! as usual clean detailed updated, lots of useful infos and beautiufl pictures once again :D

For the girl with problem it looks like phosphorus problem no?

Beside that setup looks nice and clean and girls growing nicely :D

Have a good grow man ;)

You sure keep busy brother. I would agree with Dust about the (P)

They signs point that way. The plant colour is way to dark green/blue and those darkened tips sure looks like it.

Just so happens i got a great link about it.

http://marijuanaycann...ncy-phosphorus/

Thanks a bunch guys for the quick input and I think you are both correct! Tokage..awesome link man with great info, thanks again :) Do you guys think I maybe was a little light on the EC to start..and maybe should have given them a bit more powderfeed from the start. Might possibly be the cause of slow rooting at first too. I gave them more nutes with the transplant and the Pro Mix is pre-charged with some nutes too. Hopefully the combination will bring her around and help the rest of them too. Growth overall is ok I think for most of them. If you guys have any more suggestions I`m definitely all ears for any advice from the fine growers on here to help correct the issue other than to increase nutrients. My pH is right on so it shouldnt be an issue of lock-out. Interesting that the other`s don`t seem to be affected the same way and are on the same feeding nutrient schedule.

COMMENTS AND ADVICE ARE ALWAYS WELCOME :biggrin:

Hi bro!!!

Nice report your plants grew well since the last time good continuous

Peace

Thanks for stopping in miminexus :) I was starting to worry like an impatient parent that they were not growing fast enough, but they are taking off nicely in their new homes :)

This is what i have seen from the PF. I have always mixed huge rez with water. Both when i tried it to Soil and in Hydro.

Huge for me is around 150liter. The bigger the rez the less PF did i use. If i had gone 1g per liter for 150liter the Ec would be a little to high.

I pulled up my journal from that time to get you a few numbers.

For 140liter + 70g PF = 900PPM = 1,41Ec

140liter + 140g PF = 2,1 Ec

But sometimes it could be a few 0,% higher

It is pretty accurate but the more i had, slightly less did i have to use. I talked with Arjan about this on the cup and he agreed that using more water took slightly less PF.

This is a good thing and means that we save $$ when we use big rez(if we need to use)

------

This is what i have seen in grows that mix less water. Many times the flowers are a bit pale green and they would like to have just a tiny amount more PF. You will see this in many test grows. I do believe that comes from being scared to mix as the bag say and not trust the product.

But understand me right. I´m not saying that following the instruction on the bag will always be the best for you. Just saying it is pretty accurate and in the end the plant will tell you what she want´s.

About your Ec question i can´t honestly answer.

See for yourself or with a bit of love perhaps someone got an good answer. I can only tell you what i seen in my own Soil and Hydro grows.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with the awesome insight bro!! I'd give you 2 reps if I could lol. Although I'm in a different situation hand watering and not in a rez, it still has really helped me wrap my brain around things. It is using r/o water and Cal-mag plus to make up for the lack of any nutrients in the water that would be found in tap water that has me fine tuning and figuring out the best ratio to get the babies started. Trial and error and fine tuning is all..I will get it dialed in just right eventually. I know we've both said (as well as many growers on this site) that if it wasn't for mistakes and errors how would we learn or improve? :)

• Like 1

Hello again friends and strainhunters family :)

It has only been a few days since last update but I thought I would share with you some pictures to show how much they like their new home and to start a baseline chart of measurements that will be continued with new measurements at least once a week, possibly more if there is lots of growth and my schedule permits :)

For anyone who followed my last autoflower journal, I've finished weighing the last 4 plants and I was super stoked to discover I surpassed my goal of 1 pound yield by 46 g's to bring in a total of 500 grams!! I will be posting my first smoke report of the Sweet Mango plant © that was the first harvested along with updated pictures of the curing plant. Here's the link if anyone wants to check it out..

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/5180-second-grow-600w-hps-leds-ghsc-fully-automatic-nl-sweet-mango-super-critical/page__st__160

I hope everyone enjoyed there weekend!!

19/01/13: Days 12-13 (3 days since transplant)

Tasks completed:

- Rotated plants as per every 24 hrs to give them even light

Summary & observations:

- I think that Dust and Tokage are correct and SLH#3 is showing signs of phosphorous deficiency. Looking at the Cal-Mag Plus, there is no (P) in it at all. I think that the babies could have used more PF from the start to give them the (P) they need. I’m hoping this doesn’t slow them down too much.

- Other than the (P) issue, growth was really nice over the past 48 hrs and they seem to be enjoying their new set-up. I’m going to give them another day and watch them closely. I may foliar feed them with the PF diluted as per directions in the next couple days, but right now they are going into nutrient charged media and I want to give them a chance to get used to things and hopefully take advantage of the nutrients before rushing things and overloading them.

20/01/13: Days 13-14

Tasks completed:

- Took measurements of all plants. I’m going to update measurements at least every 7 days.

- Added new CO2 releasing pad

Temp @ top of “canopy” light on: 25-27 °C

Night temperature: 21 - 22 °C

Room rH: 57 – 67 @ %

Light height from tallest plant (T5): 16 cm

Light height from tallest plant (LEDs): 27 cm

**HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING A CHART TO UPLOAD FROM EXCEL WITH MEASUREMENTS..ANY SUGGESTIONS GUYS? :P **

post-14382-0-07482800-1358721636.jpg

post-14382-0-61285200-1358721638.jpg

post-14382-0-47151800-1358721641.jpg

post-14382-0-14247000-1358721643.jpg

post-14382-0-74708800-1358721644.jpg

post-14382-0-49106100-1358721646.jpg

post-14382-0-61907100-1358721648.jpg

post-14382-0-21151300-1358721651.jpg

post-14382-0-06385800-1358736812.png

• Like 3

growing strong man still that nice green color on last pic it seems :D

And congratz about the 500g that's some very nice yeild :D i'll be looking at the news ;)

Keep the pics coming man babies lwill become sexy ;)

Hat´s off bro! Scoring that on 4 autos=125g per plant is awesome thing. You should had added a link to it in case a few members can´t find it.

I hope you get even better with those you got going. Im crossing my fingers for you.

Thanks bro!! but I should maybe be more clear..that 500 g's is between the 8 auto's not just the last 4 to harvest. Off the last 4 I got 308 g's (2 northern lights & 2 mangos..the little NL still was 52 g's!) and I got 192 g's from the first 4 (3 super criticals and 1 mango) totalling 500 g's :) 125 g's per auto I woulda shit my pants lol! I did get 100 g's off the big sweet mango, thought that was pretty cool. I'm looking forward to the auto contest to try and improve on em. My goal was 454 grams (1 lb) so I'm more than happy :)

Doing the math, I had 3 led's x 28W = 84 W + (1 x 600W HPS) = 684W. 500g/684W = 0.73g/W. So anyone thinking about growing autos and are concerned with yield might want to check my last grow out. Also keep in mind I miscalculated and really undfed a few of them at certain points so there definitely was more potential there, that 100 g mango could easily have been 125+ if I had judged her properly.

If you click on my signature link you can get there but ya good idea..I will add that now, thanks!

Beautiful little babies, keep it green and clean man ;)

Thanks Jango..you're right..never forget the clean part! They are just starting to take off now after 2 weeks of seedling growth and one anxious father. I was happily surprised when I poked my head in the tent this morning after a night of growing for them :)

hi my friend. where you buying the leds?

Hello friend! Thanks for stopping by and welcome to Strainhunters :)

I've been acquiring them one at a time from one of the local hydro stores, and I will be picking up one more for a total of 4 in the very near future if I don't maybe try a different one from an online source. They aren't the newest technology or the best - only 28W per panel - they say they're rated equivalent to 250W HPS..not sure about that but they seem to do really well as vegetating lights and also seem to work really nicely as secondary supplementary lighting to the 600W HPS I run when getting close to flowering. They also don't break the bank completely at $140/LED, and they use next to no electricity for what they put out. Like I said though I may be looking to find a little newer model online and test it out.

BTW Tokage..you must be psychic my brother because I now have 3 burnt diodes on one panel!! LOL. I'm going to contact the company tomorrow and see what they will do for me since they are supposed to last 10,000 hrs if I remember right and they are pretty much new :P I will also inquire further about the diodes that are not as bright and ensure this is in fact normal. Thanks oh wise one for making me keep a close eye on them..hey are you and Atrox in the same wizard clan?? :wizard::biggrin:

• Like 1

Hello..another quick update. When I noticed the amount of growth when comparing pictures taken today with pictures taken last update I thought I would share to show how the plants responded to a little bit of GHSC Mother's PF once their roots reached out into the Powderfeed charged media. As well, they got their first watering today since the transplant 7 days ago. I know they are still little, but I hope you enjoy the pictures and the quick progress as much as I am, I will get more of each plant and try to get some more detail and close ups with my next report containing measurements.

P.S...the SLH's are already getting stinky! Very skunky for babies in vegetation and very promising the carbon filter is going to get a work out! The Trainwrecks are also getting their own smell that is also fairly strong but reminds me more of slightly skunky oatmeal :P

Peace my friends :)

23/01/13: Day 01 Vegetation (14 days seedling growth is over)

Tasks completed:

- Adjusted lights to account for the vertical growth & also angled the two end LED’s to focus light inwards towards the canopy. Could have done this earlier had I thought of it before..stoner :P

Watered TW#2, TW#3, SLH#2, SLH#3 (Powderfeed plants) w/ 500mL each r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1 mL/L x 2 L = 2 mL EC: 0.58

DNF Enhance pine oil (to help protect against fungi/pathogens) @ 1 mL/L x 2 L = 2 mL EC: .06

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.25 g/L x 2 L = 0.5 g EC: 0.38

Total EC: 1.02 pH: 5.6 Temperature: 18°C

Watered TW#1 & SLH#1 (Powderfeed +extra additives w/500 mL each r/o water +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1.2 mL/L x 1 L = 1.2 mL EC: 0.60

DNF Enhance pine oil (to help protect against fungi/pathogens) @ 1 mL/L x 1L = 1mL EC: 0.07

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.5 mL/L x 1L = 0.5 mL EC: 0.10

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.25 g/L x1L = 0.25 g EC: 0.41

Total EC: 1.18 pH: 5.5 Temperature: 18°C

Summary & observations:

- Growth from all plants is looking very good with TW#2 & SLH#2 leading the way for each “tribe”, although TW#2 has developed a bit of yellow splotches on the one 1st true leaf tip. I’m thinking she wants Nitrogen. Being the largest of the group and the only one showing the issue., I’m thinking she wants Nitrogen, and she got some today with the water + feed and I’m hoping this helps the issue although it seems minor at this point. The rest of the plants are also doing quite well for their age and I’m happy with growth overall.

- They still had a bit of moisture in their media and normally I would have let them go another day or two before watering but it has been 7 days now and I believe the nutrients will be getting “stale” so to speak and the roots could use some fresh nutrients. I may be wrong, but my reasoning is this; If you are running a hydro system with a reservoir you are supposed to change the nutrients every 7 days, as well the Powderfeed says that the mixed Powderfeed can be stored for 7 days in a light proof container. This tells me that after 7 days the nutrients may start to break down and become less available or less beneficial to the plants..just a theory. So, the media was dry enough, and is airy enough to handle 500 – 600 mL/ plant with just enough run-off and so far 5 hours later they so far seem happy.

- I would have preferred to have the EC's of the two different solutions closer to the same so as to be fair and give each plant an equal amount of nutrients even if 2 of the 6 are getting some extra additives. To accomplish this I will next time water the 2 Powderfeed + extra additives plants first to establish the baseline EC, then water the 4 Powderfeed plants last and match the EC with the first 2 plants to get a more fair comparison rather than having as an example the extra additives plants taking off because they are simply getting more food (higher EC).

post-14382-0-36188000-1359002633.jpg

post-14382-0-87646100-1359002634.jpg

post-14382-0-80818000-1359002636.jpg

post-14382-0-56306700-1359002638.jpg

post-14382-0-39753000-1359002640.jpg

post-14382-0-91474200-1359002641.jpg

post-14382-0-24616800-1359002643.jpg

• Like 3