*COMPLETE* Smokey's Yin-Yang (Trainwreck & SLH) Powderfeed SCROG - 600W HPS + 4 x LEDs

Smokeythabear

hey smokey!!!! the plant's are looking great nice root shot's are well, i read what you were saying about the trainwreck and i wanted to mention that i too had problem's with the absorption of magnesium and calcium with that strain probably caused by lock out or what but in the end it didn't really end up causing much damage to the growth just some unsightly discoloration and spot's on the leaf's .

im not sure how i fixed it tho because i did a bunch of different small thing's until i saw progress, one of the main one's was rasing the ph slightly from 5.7 too 6.0 but i am unsure if that did the trick but shortlyd after the switch the yellowing and brown spot's stopped ad the yellowing started turned green again, but i also did a flush and adjusted the ph of the medium as well as raising the ph of the water. anyway's i hoe that helped alittle bit i wish i could help more but im new to using nutrient's other then just base nutrient's so i don't have allot of experiences with these problem's but the plant's look great so i have no doubt that they will overcome this problem.

Awesome bro..thanks for jumping on my question so quick, I don't think you could have helped more or given me better advice :) :) Actually I gotta say thanks to all you guys for your intelligent input..this forum not only reeks of ganja but of love and desire to help your fellow grower..awesome guys! I will give your advice to raise the pH around 6.0 a try..I did start them out at 5.6 for awhile and this is VERY good information to help me and I will adjust the pH to 6 for a bit once they need water again for awhile. It's cool though..first grow I woulda panicked and shit myself lol..being my 3rd go at it I'm starting to realize these issues aren't always the end of the world and can chill a bit about it :P About being new to using other additives..naw bro..I already hit her with 1.65 mL of CalMag Plus and she didn't get better..I think the low pH suggestion is bang on.

Looking really good smokey !! :)

Thanks for stoppin by Kali!! :) :)

hi,

as usual nice update,you take good care of a lot of work, it promises

I do not think too much fertilizer for yellow spots potassium can be enough to eat potassium. a little more ph can be maybe

not very serious and I think you will find a solution

Peace

Thanks for confirming what Greeno was saying.. and reassuring me it isn;t serious! :) and thanks for appreciating the work..it is a labour of love!

great update once again man thanks for keeping us aware, even with 1 day late ;)

Girls are looking very nice as always, deep green and healthy leaves, the leaf you show on the end from the TW i guess with the yellowing is strage indeed the way it spreads must have been started for a while to be like this no? i would have said a little lockout to probably, maybe with the new pots and medium it will go away and fade otherwisemaybe a little flush to clean the soil and get it back on average doses of nutes to see how it goes, and maybe increas little PH like greeno stated and see what happens..

Anyway they will not dies till next week so we'll see ;)

Have a good grow keep us updated! :)

Hahaha! I laughed at the line "Anyway they will not dies till next week so we'll see"..you are right..I can hold off on the panic switch! So awesome to again have advice from another expert here on Strainhunters that makes sense..thanks man!! And yes, it did start awhile ago when those leaves were small..and as they've grown it has grown along with the leaf tissue but has not seemed to spread. I'm going to take your advice and go easy on the nutrients when I first water again for a bit and see..as well as raising the pH.

Awesome bro! I learn new things. Where did you get that thing with wheels that the pots stand on? And what is that at the bottom of the pots, the metal thing?

Heya bro! It's cool that I was able to show you something new :D The wheel things are some really cool heavy duty (supposed to hold up to 90 kg's) plant dolly's that make it easy to wheel them around to wherever you want. If they weren't gonna be tied into the screen they would make it easy to wheel em out of the tent to flush em..but..even with them tied into the scrog screen I found they made it easy to make minor adjustments to the plant positioning which allowed me to level out high areas in the screen as I put tension on the screen rolling the plant a little this way or that. The plastic run-off trays that come with it are cool too as they have grooves that allows the tray to sit against the steel bars of the plant dolly, creating sunken areas where air is able to get under the pot and into the drainage holes and at the bottom of the root system.

Which brings me to the things you understandably mistook to be made of metal..they are made of plastic (not easy to tell from the picture) and came with the pots. They are root nets for lack of a better name and attach to little pegs at the bottom of the pots and create a zone of air to help with drainage and air pruning of roots as they grow through the hydroclay and the root net. I hate to say it, but I found both at Walmart in the gardening section :P I'm excited to use them now that I understand watering a little more, and letting them dry out more than my 1st grow. I didn't use them the auto grow, although I wonder if they woulda grown those auto's any bigger than the 11L being 23 L :P I may have to try them next auto grow just to see :)

PEACE!

• Like 2

QUICK UPDATE!!

So I got the 600W HPS in the tent today and just had to post a quick update with the new set-up and the ladies looking pretty happy under it I think :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

PEACE

08/02/13

Tasks completed:

- Classes were cancelled today thanks to 25 cm’s of snow overnight and still falling!! So I installed the 600W hps! I installed it perpendicular to the entrances this time instead of parallel with them allowing much shorter lengths of exhaust hose for the Cool Tube minimizing air resistance and maximizing flow and cooling. The difference is very noticeable and it seems to make setting up and placement of the LED’s better than the other arrangement.

- Positioned 2 of the LED’s above the SLH’s and the 3rd LED in the middle of the 2 Trainwrecks until I get the 4th LED. My reasoning for this light positioning is that the trainwrecks seem to naturally vegetate a bit quicker and are a little ahead of the SLH’s

- No longer need the heater on to keep the temperature in the proper range with the lights on thanks to the 600W

Environment:

600W HPS Height: 45-50 cm’s (will let them get used to the HPS then start moving the light down to about 30- 35 cm or so..or as close as I can get it)

LED light height: 30 cm

Temperature @ canopy- lights on: 26-27 °C

rH: 55-60%

post-14382-0-30588600-1360361759.jpg

post-14382-0-74678500-1360361761.jpg

post-14382-0-76884300-1360361763.jpg

• Like 2

And an update appeared while i answered haha, let's go for the winner setup!! no wonder why the girls get beautiufl in end of flow around here :) So much love and nice setup they can only become what they are, ;)

Have a good grow man!!

• Like 1

Haha Dust, ya keeping true to my style there's a gap between updates then all the sudden WHAM! I flood the journal lol :) Thanks for the appreciation man..I think I'm pretty dedicated to em too..and I think they feel the love and appreciation of the members.

And something to mention for anyone thinking they don't want to start growing cause they can't afford a big set-up..not that mines big or anything..but my point is that I didn't start with what I've got now for a set-up (I know you know that Dust & others..since you've been there since my 1st grow :) ) I've added a little to each grow in the way of LED's (started with one), cool tube reflector (first grow was a vertical reflector cause it was all I could afford at the time) better nutrients (POWDERFEED ALL THE WAY! lol) and so on. It takeu s time to acquire new tools and upgrades..I still have so many things that I would love to try out if I had the extra $$ but really..they aren't needed to grow wicked ass weed...they are just extra that may or may not help fine tune the grow. Like Greeno say's time and again and has proven..you don't need to empty your bank account to grow your own wicked stash.

@ Tokage..I mentioned that I got them at Walmart last spring in the gardening section. I don't know if they have any Walmarts over your way Tokage..but even if not I'm sure you've heard of this horrible giant mega-store that pays there employees shit $$, sells everything cheaper than anywhere else because they buy things by the billions :P I hate myself a little everytime I shop there as it's really a terrible polluter of both the environment, the economy and I would say even society in general. It's buy today and in the garbage tomorrow..throwaway society..BUT..the pots were cool as shit so what can you do. I'm a horrible sell-out lol :P

• Like 1

Man you are dedicate ! Good you love growing so much-you are right about improving gear along the way - if people knew what my first grow room looked like..lol Nothing but a few pots soil a cheap line of nutrients and the good GHS seeds taking forever to grow under an 85 CFL, but little by little lights improved a real grow room was built up and 2 sets of lights allowed better and bigger grows and in the end of the first grow the weed was high grad ! I even bought a few things I don't relly need and have since cut down on spending on extras. You need certain things - but if you don't row with passion and care it is all futil. I think living with plants enrichens a oerson and that is why we see so much compassionate + good growers in here. The few who fuck up their grows fade away but they are few..

Sad to see that train wreck yellowing, hope it soon recovers - no idea why it reacts like that, a kind of nute block or she could not take the transplant well.

Keep up the good work smokey !

Have a nice weekend and thanks for the nice comment on my Damnesia grow. Fuck this was the best weed I have grown and the last buds are precious Glad i got 3 more in flower and a shitlolad of good seeds left..lol

Peace + grow

• Like 1

Yo bro, one word description; Amazing.

So healthy & happy, so uniform for being yingyang! You are doing a GREAT job man,

the best thing about this grow is that it just keeps on getting better, and I got to be around here alittle more! ;)

Setup, detailed journalkeeping & a passion/love for growing seems to be the winning concept!

Topnotch my friend!

• Like 1

The girls and I had a pretty strenous training session when the lights came on and I was so happy with the results I thought I would flood the journal with a few more pictures. The Trainwrecks as you can see are VERY vine-like as other's have said and seem almost impossible to snap :) The SLH's are quite a bit more compact but are starting to stretch out. I hope the TW's don't get too far ahead of the SLH's or I will have to throw them into flower before the screen is as full as I would like with the SLH's. It seems timing will be decided by the TW's and they are in charge for the moment :comando: . I knew timing could be a bit more difficult and that this was a possibility going into a scrog with 2 different strains and different possible pheno's but in the end I think I can still achieve a fairly full screen in the end :)

Anyways, a few more pictures after LST today.

Peace!

post-14382-0-24544700-1360440716.jpg

post-14382-0-06887900-1360440719.jpg

post-14382-0-76582500-1360440724.jpg

post-14382-0-61777800-1360440728.jpg

• Like 3

Man you are dedicate ! Good you love growing so much-you are right about improving gear along the way - if people knew what my first grow room looked like..lol Nothing but a few pots soil a cheap line of nutrients and the good GHS seeds taking forever to grow under an 85 CFL, but little by little lights improved a real grow room was built up and 2 sets of lights allowed better and bigger grows and in the end of the first grow the weed was high grad ! I even bought a few things I don't relly need and have since cut down on spending on extras. You need certain things - but if you don't row with passion and care it is all futil. I think living with plants enrichens a oerson and that is why we see so much compassionate + good growers in here. The few who fuck up their grows fade away but they are few..

Sad to see that train wreck yellowing, hope it soon recovers - no idea why it reacts like that, a kind of nute block or she could not take the transplant well.

Keep up the good work smokey !

Have a nice weekend and thanks for the nice comment on my Damnesia grow. Fuck this was the best weed I have grown and the last buds are precious Glad i got 3 more in flower and a shitlolad of good seeds left..lol

Peace + grow

That Damnesia you grew is absolutely stunning to be honest and I'm happy that you have more on the way! :) I hope the yellowing was just a "phase" lol..like a teenager rebelling. I have a feeling that once I follow the advice of our good friends here that she will be just fine..as I cross my fingers :P It did start before the transplant, maybe she is a big tricky with the pH..I did start them at 5.6 and although I like to vary my pH a little it seemed everytime I mixed for her the pH balanced at 5.6 lol. Being such small batches of nutes trying to bring her back up by 0.1 or 0.2 pH would most likely have resulted in 0.5 pH increase so I just left it alone. We will see!

I've already got a collection of "not in use and never used yet" gardening supplies kicking around as well taking up space :P

You are so right, the month or 1.5 months I went in between my first and second grow was like agony..I felt like something was missing. And even though my garden does take up a fair amount of time (anyone who tells you growing weed takes no effort at all either has never done it or their plants probably aren't as good as they could be lol..just my opinion) the payoff in therapeutic value is incredible. I love them and they love me back is how I see it :maninlove: I will be honest and tell ya throwing out the 2 extra plants took me 4 days after the transplant LOL..it was tough to just throw such beautiful life in the trash and I kept trying to think of an easy set-up and way I could flower them but any way I looked at it I would need to spend extra $$..and extra time is just hard to find as well :P

Yo bro, one word description; Amazing.

So healthy & happy, so uniform for being yingyang! You are doing a GREAT job man,

the best thing about this grow is that it just keeps on getting better, and I got to be around here alittle more! ;)

Setup, detailed journalkeeping & a passion/love for growing seems to be the winning concept!

Topnotch my friend!

Hey Bigbro! Thanks again for hangin out and the very kind words :) The detailed journal keeping comes from my tendency to not want to miss or overlook anything..some might call it anal!! lol Ya you can really tell the rate of growth when you only see them once and awhile..for me it's fast but never as fast as it could be when you see them everyday :P But I won't complain as long as they are happy..I'm happy!

Peace!

I agree that it gives me near physical pain to kill a plant, that has a chance to survive..even the 2 males I took from the flowering roo are still not killed. One is still inside under LED the other is too tall for the Veg room, so i just placed him next the window.. Stilll waiting for the pollen sacks to really fill up, but that would take more lights I guess. The tops are interesting. Nice plants - now I understand why some folks leave them on the balcony all summer..

Not me though.. they gots to go soon.

Living creatures they are and you are right, Unless you treat them good and care about them no good weed will be grown.

• Like 1

hey smokey the plant's are looking great !!! i just love to see how much your set up has changed it, its pretty awsome with the led's on seeing how it look's with how intense those LED's are it's no surprise the plant's look great , i dont care what anyone say's if you know how to use LED's you can get some great result's with them there's just something about the spectrum the plant's seem to love the leaf's always look so healthy and green.

i am dying to see how you fair with the Super Lemon Haze it is a strain i have much interest in anyways buddy hapy huntin!!! by the way dude you should hit the club soon time they just got that super snow dawg in again and its amaing stuff man same wit the nebula and the bubba kush man the club just went pro again all of a sudden and got like the most stunning menu in almost a year.

• Like 1

Thank you friends...much happiness, respect and thanks for the kind words and warm vibes :biggrin: !! I will take more time later to reply to comments specifically but I wanted to say a HUGE THANKS!!

I purchased another LED like the others today to make it 4 in total, and exchanged 2 of the ones with faulty diodes for 2 new ones taking a total of 3 new ones home :) :) When I opened them up, although they are very similar and the same model as the old ones, the outer shell appeared different, upgraded, and the pass through power plug to hook them together was a bit different. So, I plugged one in and BLAM!!! HOLY LIGHT!! The new version of the same model got some hugely upgraded hardware!! They definitely have newer, better more powerful bulbs and possibly new chips?? All I know is the amount of light and spectrum were VERY nicely upgraded.

I called the hydroponics store owner to let him know how awesome the new ones are and he said it was strange because the company, Sunshine Systems, hadn't said anything about an upgrade. So, because these new ones make the one "good" LED I already had still from before look like shit, he's agreed to replace it as well for me with one of the newer versions!! :biggrin: :biggrin: What huge luck!! So now I will have another brand new one going into the tent making 4 new, upgraded LEDS.

I will have pictures Thursday or Friday, and you will clearly see the difference between the old LED and the new ones. ALSO..I did some topping of the trainwrecks and one SLH as well as doing some defoliation..removing some older large fan leafs and leaves blocking bud sites, allowing energy to be focused on growing bud sites. I know it is a controversial thing, but I removed a decent amount of leaves and topped them only to find them exploding with growth along the LST'd branches today like nothing negative had ever happened, just the opposite.

Until then..PEACE!

Hi bro,

Good growing room and good grower, friend;). I am a great lover of the LED and I like to watch their plants grow with mixed lighting, appreciate pros and cons.

Thanks for the update and interesting work, we will look at the changes! :friends:

best regards :brunette:

• Like 1

Looks Good! I hope you have a lot better luck with trainwreck than I did. Mine were good until about 3 inches in hieght, small shot of starter fert keeled em all. The sharks exploded after it but the wreck, got wrecked. I still have 1 seed that I may start shortly. It looks as though your off to a great start tho. Lil suckers already look strong and thick.

nice bondage on those dirty girls ;)

THanks for the pics man they will surely love it ;)

Have a good grow

Yes I think they must be dirty, cause they are already getting smelly!! :) Thanks Dust!

An impressive grow room and plants are you thanking him much, only look at the color and says everything is so everything is spotless.

Smoke and Love

Thanks McRadikal for the nice words and stopping by! :) I believe you have a grow that I need to check out also!

There are so many nice grows and I wish I had more time to just hang out in the forum sometimes :P I have two days no wife and no daughter this weekend so I will have time and make a point of checking out yours as well as other talented growers/grows :)

I agree that it gives me near physical pain to kill a plant, that has a chance to survive..even the 2 males I took from the flowering roo are still not killed. One is still inside under LED the other is too tall for the Veg room, so i just placed him next the window.. Stilll waiting for the pollen sacks to really fill up, but that would take more lights I guess. The tops are interesting. Nice plants - now I understand why some folks leave them on the balcony all summer..

Not me though.. they gots to go soon.

Living creatures they are and you are right, Unless you treat them good and care about them no good weed will be grown.

Bam it is good to hear that I'm not the only one that gets quickly attached to their babies lol. You are braver than I with keeping males about at all..but you have MUCH more experience than me and know the signs to watch for with pollen sacs filling etc. where I would panic and as much as I love plants they would quickly be on my shit list LOL. But as you've said before, we need males to continue the species...it is just a matter of them being around at the right place and time and our sinsemilla crops are not the place! :) If I had the room and ability to properly separate them from the females I would love to do some breeding and hope to do so sometime in the fairly near future..possibly with some help/collaboration from/with our good friend Greeno :) But more on that later!! ;)

hi

beautiful work of bondage it's a long time since I did not.and yet very interesting

Peace

Thank you miminexus! :) It is amazing how quickly 2 hours can pass playing and tying them down

LOOKING GOOD! love the sound of these strains :)

Thanks man!! I had some others in mind but these sort of represent opposite ends of the spectrum Sativa vs. Indica so I thought it would make a nice grow. The only thing I'm finding is the SLH's have just as many budsites or more than the trainwrecks but they want to stay tight and compact with really short internodes. I'm hoping they start to stretch out a bit more..if not I'm sure the stretch when I switch to flower will sort them out!

Well done bro, you will enjoy that SLH :D

Thanks man...ya I haven't been fortunate enough to try any SLH yet..but the anticipation is VERY high :) :)

hey smokey the plant's are looking great !!! i just love to see how much your set up has changed it, its pretty awsome with the led's on seeing how it look's with how intense those LED's are it's no surprise the plant's look great , i dont care what anyone say's if you know how to use LED's you can get some great result's with them there's just something about the spectrum the plant's seem to love the leaf's always look so healthy and green.

i am dying to see how you fair with the Super Lemon Haze it is a strain i have much interest in anyways buddy hapy huntin!!! by the way dude you should hit the club soon time they just got that super snow dawg in again and its amaing stuff man same wit the nebula and the bubba kush man the club just went pro again all of a sudden and got like the most stunning menu in almost a year.

Thanks bro!!0 Ya I seem to be getting pretty good at being able to talk the wife into letting me upgrade things LOL. Once I saw the results from the first grow with the LED's as supplementary and the really lush green foliage and the end result buds I kinda got addicted to buying them :P And once you see the new version with the upgrades you're gonna REALLY see a difference. With these new upgrades $140 a light is a steal..especially IF these new ones can last the 50,000 hrs etc. I'm hoping the long term quality is as good as the initial performance on these new bad boys.

I will definitely share some of my SLH with ya bro..no worries you will get a good feeling for it :) :) Ya a mail order is a good idea..I'm actually gonna definitely be in the city soon for a birthday so I will be planning on stopping in at the club..hopefully the menu is still as fantastic as it is now.

Hey Smokey . Sorry mate seems like i walked passed this update. That is a complex lst you made. I´m sure the canopy will be flat, filled with buds and light efficient.

I can´t really see any thing to worry about and i can´t leave any words of wisdom. I guess you have to settle with my respect. It should almost be time for a new update soon, yes?

Hey Toke, no worries brother there will be plenty more updates to come :) I figure they have another 2 weeks of so of vegetation until I flip em to 12/12...but not 100% sure yet on that. I would like to do some research and find out what I should expect from the stretch for the 2 strains and try and decide when to flower them. As I mentioned before, I'm noticing the SLH's are more compact with VERY short internnodes, while the Trainwrecks are more vine like. It is interesting though because the SLH's have as many lateral branches or more than the trainwrecks! It is decieving. I don't have any experience growing sativa's but from what I've read they really like to stretch going into flower. And the TW's scare me a little as I've seen some examples online of non-scrogged TW's that REALLY stretched as well.

The LST work has become a daily thing now and does take some time and while I know the purpose of the screen is to kinda do the same I wanted to really give them a head start and get the inner branches going early. You are right, an update is due and coming tonight if all goes well, and you will see just elaborate the bondage has become :P

Looks Good! I hope you have a lot better luck with trainwreck than I did. Mine were good until about 3 inches in hieght, small shot of starter fert keeled em all. The sharks exploded after it but the wreck, got wrecked. I still have 1 seed that I may start shortly. It looks as though your off to a great start tho. Lil suckers already look strong and thick.

Hey man thanks for the luck :) Ya the trainwrecks do seem a little particular about what they like for nutes, but that could just be me as well. I've added some DNF Green to the TW's nutes today and I'm hoping to see the yellowing tips stop completely, other than that they are growing really nicely. I noticed you use some DNF products as well..I started with their $100 grow box..what a deal and it helped me play around and figure out what products I like of theirs. I really like the Enhance Pine oil, the Carbo Logic, and the Clear for flushing. I've still got a bunch of the original products almost a year later..except for those 3 I listed of course. It was a great deal really.

OK MY FRIENDS, I'M OFF TO FINISH TENDING THE GARDEN AND TAKE SOME PICTURES FOR TONIGHT'S UPDATE!!

Peace!! :victory:

***** :) !! UPDATE !! :) ******

50 minutes left in the day and I am gonna get my weekly update up on time :music:. Ok so quite a bit happening since last update..mainly the 4 new LEDs..I will let the journal and pictures do the talking this time..seriously..I'm gonna shut up this time..no long intro.. :lol: Without any further nonsense..here are my journal entries and pictures :)PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR PICTURES..they are labelled/named if you scroll over them :)

Have a great weekend everyone and keep it green and stinky!

:biggrin: PEACE

09/02/13: Day 17 Vegetation (31 days since sprout)

Tasks completed:

- Did some more LST on the lateral branches – growth 24 hours after installation of HPS seems very good

- Installed new CO2 pad

Observations:

- My fellow SH brothers recommend raising the pH to 6.0 to help combat the yellowing of the TW leaves and I will do this next water. No more new yellowing seems to have appeared it is just past damage expanding with the leaf tissue as it gets bigger I believe. Looking back it does seem that TW#1 which was watered separately as an additive plant received the lowest pH, while TW#2, which had a little of the same yellowing was watered at a bit higher pH.

10/02/13: 6 days since transplant

Tasks completed:

- Completed more LST of branches

- Lowered the 600W to 40 – 45 cm

- Turned heater back on to get the temperature up a degree or two to take advantage of the CO2 pads. Touching the leaves they feel very cool..much cooler than the air and they should be fine.

Environment:

Room temp @ canopy = 27 – 28 °C

Room temp @ ground level = 26° C

rH = 53 – 58%

Observations:

- Some really good new growth last night with the tied down branch tips all turning up towards the lights and showing good new growth past the bends.

11/02/13: Day 19 Vegetation (33 days since sprout)

Tasks completed:

- Watered TW#1 & #2 with 6 L each r/o +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL EC: 0.61

DNF Enhance pine oil (protects against fungi/pathogens) @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL EC: 0.05

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.5 mL/L x 10 L = 5 mL EC: 0.09

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.6 g/L x 10 L = 6 g EC: 1.04

Total EC: 1.79 pH: 6.0 Temperature: 19°C

Run-off amount approx. 4 – 5 L or 30 - 40% ** A little too much run-off

- Watered SLH#1 & #2 with 5 L each

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1.25 mL/L x 10 L = 12.5 mL EC: 0.58

DNF Enhance pine oil (protects against fungi/pathogens) @ 1 mL/L x 10 L = 10 mL EC: 0.05

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.4 mL/L x 10 L = 4 mL EC: 0.07

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.5 g/L x 10 L = 5 g EC: 0.90

Total EC: 1.60 pH: 6.0 Temperature: 19°C

- Accidentally topped SLH#2 at the 4th internode clean off when training. Was pretty upset with myself since I don’t want to slow the SLH’s and end up with them further behind the TW’s, and it’s not the first time I’ve done this. But, it will also be interesting to see how well and quickly she responds to the topping, and I will try and look at it as an experiment. Besides, I can’t exactly glue it back on :P In the end, the TW’s may take up more space on the screen than the SLH’s and I will know in the future that the two of them aren’t necessarily the best 2 strains to scrog together.

12/02/13

Tasks:

- Topped the 2 TW’s (on purpose this time) :P one at 5th internode and other at 7th. The main-stems were really taking off and I wanted to slow down vertical growth and let them fill out more to let the SLH’s catch up.

13/02/13: Week 3 Vegetation complete (35 days since sprout)

- Got 3 new LEDS (exchanged 2 with faulty diodes) – New version of model is AMAZING!! Wish I had a PAR meter – added to wish list!

14/02/13

Tasks:

- Exchanged last (4th) led for new one, now have 4 brand new version Glow Panel 45’s!

- Did major LST to the plants (twice during lights on)

15/02/13: 37 days since sprout

Tasks:

- LST becoming a daily (sometimes 2 x per day) task. I enjoy the time with them so I don’t mind and the results are very noticeable.

- SLH’s could wait one more day for water + feed but they are looking really green and lush, borderline overfeed so I’m going to give them a good watering with a low EC. It seems true to the haze family the SLH’s are nute sensitive. I thought I was ok with EC of 1.6 but I will have to be even more conservative.

- Turned oscillating fan up to high speed to keep them cool and dancing.

- Added new CO2 producing pad

Watered TW#1 & #2 with 6 L each r/o +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1.25 mL/L x 12 L = 15 mL EC: 0.58

DNF Green (3-2-0) @ 2 mL/L x 12 L = 24 mL EC: 0.07

Advanced Nutrients B-52 @ 0.75 mL/L x 12 L = 9 mL EC: 0.13

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.6 g/L x 12 L = 7.2 g EC: 1.01

Potassium Silicate @ 0.10 mL/L = 1.2 mL EC: 0.07

Total EC: 1.86 pH: 5.9 Temperature: 19°C

** Run-off was about 20-25%

Watered SLH #1 & #2 with 5 L each r/o +

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus (required w/ r/o water) @ 1.5 mL/L x 10 L = 15 mL EC: 0.67

GHSC Mother’s Powderfeed @ 0.25 g/L x 10 L = 2.5 g EC: 0.41

Potassium Silicate @ 0.10 mL/L = 1 mL EC: 0.07

Total EC: 1.15 pH: 5.9 Temperature: 19°C

Environment:

600W HPS Height: 45-50 cm’s (could get it closer but I want the internode distance to lengthen a little)

LED light height: 40 cm (again could be closer but they are getting tons of light and I don’t want them too short)

Temperature @ canopy- lights on: 26-27 °C

rH: 60-65%

Observations:

- The plants seem to love the new LED’s as much as I do and have responded with excellent growth

- The Trainwrecks still have some yellowing on the leaf fringes, much of it is older now and the new growth seems to be better. I added some Dutch Nutrient Formula (DNF) Green (3-2-0) to the TW nutes today to hopefully help a little. Growth does not seem to be suffering despite this, and they have giant main-stems.

- The topping of the plants and the removal of a decent amount of leaves seems to have only affected them positively as well.

- LST is going well, and the positive results are very noticeable. Opening them up has allowed the bud sites to get more light exposure and they are forming and branching all along the exposed branches

- Time to get the screen in there ASAP – hope to have it in by tomorrow!

post-14382-0-34977900-1360988558.jpg

post-14382-0-25362100-1360988569.jpg

post-14382-0-39283600-1360988585.jpg

post-14382-0-54723400-1360988628.jpg

post-14382-0-76623600-1360988643.jpg

post-14382-0-87883500-1360988653.jpg

post-14382-0-34917600-1360988679.jpg

post-14382-0-83556200-1360988697.jpg

post-14382-0-63037900-1360988700.jpg

post-14382-0-48794400-1360988703.jpg

post-14382-0-10047400-1360988706.jpg

post-14382-0-12981700-1360988709.jpg

post-14382-0-77161100-1360988711.jpg

post-14382-0-74192700-1360988725.jpg

post-14382-0-58986300-1360988736.jpg

post-14382-0-04801700-1360988739.jpg

post-14382-0-04275300-1360988742.jpg

post-14382-0-54110700-1360988744.jpg

post-14382-0-97151200-1360988751.jpg

post-14382-0-34197500-1360988754.jpg

post-14382-0-42654700-1360988757.jpg

post-14382-0-85511300-1360988760.jpg

• Like 2

hi,

nice uptate as usual. the difference is really striking on the top photo.LEDs are well improve

otherwise very good job ca grows well between the interstices

you still spent time as indeed some gardening when his pass quickly

peace & smoke

Thanks miminexus :) Yes you can really see the difference in LED's in 2 of the pictures..the new ones are much stronger and actually give off a more blue spectrum it seems. The blue should mix nice with the red/orange of the 600w HPS. Hopefully they combine to give the right spectrum for flowering as well. That reminds me..and I'm off to check your garden out! lol

4 more led´s! That will sure give them a boost.

You got a very flat canopy. Hats off!

No no..whoa lol..4 more would be crazy..not that I would complain. I had 3 of the old versions..I brought them back and exchanged them for free for 3 new versions, AND I bought 1 more new one to make a total of 4 altogether. Hmm..I could probably fit another 4 though..2 for sure..don't give me ideas!! :P

I have the modified screen prepared and ready to go in so that I can stop LST'ing them. I made it much more rigid with the use of bamboo. You will see soon :) I wanted to put it in tonight but realized that I need to do it while they are sleeping (I have a green light to work when they are asleep) because I need to pull out the LED's and raise the cool tube to get the screen in now that it is rigid :P And ahh..ya...I thought of that when I made the modifications...riiiiight :P:jester: SO..soon the LST garden will become a SCROG garden. Thanks for noticing the flatness of the canopy..it is rewarding but lengthy work at times :)

Peace

• Like 1