WHEN TO USE Mycorrhizae Root Innoculant

Newfriend

Is it better to add some Mycorrhizae Root inniculant when you just WATER or should it be added to the PW when feeding? or does it matter?

I can get Great White Mycorrhizae Root Innoculant at my local hydro store is it a good product?

Thanks

Great White

For Use In all Soils, Coco and all Hydroponic Systems such as but not specific to Aeroponics, Cloning Machines, Deep Water Culture, Ebb and Flo, NFT and Undercurrent.

Seeds

Place seed in planting hole, lightly dust with Great White, backfill planting hole and water.

Cuttings

Dip cutting into rooting gel/solution then dip directly into Great White powder or mix Great White with water and soak starter cubes for up to an hour. (1 scoop/2 gal) Great White can also be added to any pre-soak solution. (1 scoop/2 gal)

Transplanting vegetative/flower

Lightly dust soil/planting media with Great White. Place plant directly on top.

Soil, Coco and Topfeeding

Great White can be applied once a week or every other week. See below for application rates.*

Hydroponics

Pre-mix Great White powder in water before adding to reservoir. Can be used as a topfeed/media drench to ensure quick physical contact with roots.

Mixing in with Soil or Coco

Mix 1 oz. of Great White with 2.5 cu. ft. of soil/soil less media.

*Solution: Mix 1 tsp. per 2 gallons of water. Pot Size Solution 4" 3 oz. 1 gal. 5 oz. 3 gal. 16 oz. 5 gal. 32 oz.

Shelf life of Great White is 3 years. Ideal storage conditions are in a dark dry place at 45-85°F.

From their PDF Feeding Chart

Ingedients

CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENTS:

Mycorrhiza (131,474 of viable organisms per cc)

Endomycorrhiza/cc

Glomus aggregatum - 50 spores per cc

Glomus intraradices - 50 spores per cc

Glomus mosseae - 50 spores per cc

Glomus etunicatum - 50 spores per cc

Glomus clarum - 6 spores per cc

Glomus monosporum - 6 spores per cc

Glomus brazilianum - 6 spores per cc

Gigaspora margarita - 6 spores per cc

Ectomycorrhiza/cc

Pisolithus tinctorious - 112,500 spores per cc

Rhizopogon luteolus - 3,125 spores per cc

Rhizopogon fulvigleba - 3,125 spores per cc

Rhizopogon villosullus - 3,125 spores per cc

Rhizopogon amylopogon - 3,125 spores per cc

Scleroderma citrinum - 3,125 spores per cc

Scleroderma cepa - 3,125 spores per cc

Contains 269,786 CFU’s Per CC of each of the following 13 species:

Azobacter Chroococcum

Bacillus thuringiensis

Bacillus subtillus

Bacillus licheniformis

Bacillus azotoformanas

Bacillus megaterium

Bacillus coagulans

Bacillus pumlis

Paenibacillus polymyxa

Paenibacillus durum

Saccharomyces Cerevisiae

Psuedomonas aureofaceans

Psuedomonas florescence

Trichoderma konigii-93,750 spores per cc

Trichoderma harzianum-93,750 spores per cc

Peace

Lams

Thanks Lamsbread

I had not found such a thorough reading on it.

Looks like good value at 1 tsp per 2 gal, and I assume it is alright to apply with or with out PF nutrients.

ASoluable and can be applied as a top solution.

Thanks much appreciated

My pleasure , glad to help. I don't see a problem adding with PF as it is not a nutrient but a beneficial fungal and bacterial inoculant.

Adding mycorrhizae helps the root system by not only boosting root growth but also the transit of nutrient from soil/substrate to the plant , the plant in turn rewards the micro-organism which populate the surface of the roots with plant sugars (a symbyotic relationship).

Using Molasses will also help feed the micro-organism as well being beneficial to bud production. Molasses also has a small amount of Magnesium in it.

Peace

Lams

Thanks bud! :)

Growing any type of plant is a wonderful experience, having a nice pile of weed at the end of is also a great bonus. :D

P.S. By adding the address from the address bar, on your grow journal page, to your signature is a good idea, So when people read your posts, they can then click on it to go straight to your journal.

Peace bro.

Lams

Thanks oldmarine. Good to hear you have good results using "Fungi Perfecti" Mycorrhrizae and a great link for US growers.

Currently I am using "Root Grow" made by "Empathy" ,I'm a UK grower. I picked it up at my local Garden Centre, It comes with A Royal Horticulture Society approval, which is like a Gold Standard when it comes to any thing horticultural in Britain.

White Shark is available in the UK and New freind asked ....

Is it better to add some Mycorrhizae Root inniculant when you just WATER or should it be added to the PW when feeding? or does it matter?

I can get Great White Mycorrhizae Root Innoculant at my local hydro store is it a good product?

Thanks

i supplied some info from the interweb in response to his question.

Personally I haven't used it but it does have a good variety of micro-organisms and would consider it to worth a try.

I was unable to determine the concentration of spores or a list of included micro-organism of the Fungi Pefecti, i am in the UK and unfortunately i doubt if i will be able find it for sale over here. :(

I have no doubt it is great stuff, but i do like a list of what i'm gonna get when i buy something, that way i can compare products.

I look forward to seeing the results, will you be starting a journal using it? I'll be sure to have look if you do.

peace bro

Lams

Lamsbread, The Hawaii Dept. of Agriculture has prohibited the importation mycos as an attempt to keep unwanted organisms off these beautiful Islands. I used Paul Staments Myco's for many years on the Mainland and had excellent results on peat and coco substrates. Here in Hawaii we make our own IMOs using the Korean methods that were brought to Hawaii by Dr. Park. Here is the info for Fungi Perfecti's main product that sells at half the price of White Shark with a higher concentration of spores.

http://www.fungi.com/product-detail/product/mycogrow-soluble-1-lb.html

lamsbread, If you want concentrated mycos this is a far better source with a much higher concentration of actual spores than what Great White offers. I have used Fungi Perfecti's products for many years and always had excellent results.

http://www.fungi.com...n-supplies.html

I have been locking at the site and can't find out if it can be used as a drench?

it says "An ounce is sufficient to treat 125-250 plants covering approximately 250 square feet"

Nothing about individual plants for a mixture.

How do you mix and use it.

Thanks

Well, I purchased a 4 oz jar of Great White.

I seams to me that AN might know know more about Cannabis than Potatoes.

And it was handy right now, got some yesterday.

I plan on using it tonight when I water.

I was thinking I would water the plants with half the water, then mix the GW and finishing watering?

Would it be more apt to stay around the roots that way?

Damn, This growing is a full time occupation and make one think a lot,

(I think, I am over thinking the thinking) :fie:

Your half and half watering method sounds ok, staying around the roots is good as that's where you want the micro-organisms.

The micro-organisms have a symbiotic relationship with the roots/plant and will multiply forming a colony of beneficial bacteria and fungi which live on the roots.

There is a lot of things to think about, but it is such a rewarding hobby/occupation , there may be times when the learning curve may seem steep, but that will level out as you gain more experience and knowledge.

Having said that there will always be something new to learn , you can never know everything, but you don't have to know everything to grow good bud, it's the learning that makes it fun.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

Well, I purchased a 4 oz jar of Great White.

I seams to me that AN might know know more about Cannabis than Potatoes.

And it was handy right now, got some yesterday.

I plan on using it tonight when I water.

I was thinking I would water the plants with half the water, then mix the GW and finishing watering?

Would it be more apt to stay around the roots that way?

Damn, This growing is a full time occupation and make one think a lot,

(I think, I am over thinking the thinking) :fie:

Newfriend, "Potatoes"?? Are you unaware who Paul Stament's is in the Scientific Community? Have the folks at AN written any books lately? I met Paul in 1978 and have attended three of his Seminars and when it comes to myco's the people at AN used the work Paul did years prior.

http://www.amazon.co...s=paul staments

Yikes: Now i did it. Sorry I don't have a clue who any of these people are.

For sure I will investigate the Fungi Perfecti's products.

Update: I have been all through there site and some rightups.

For sure he is at the top of the heap on mycorrhizal fungi and Mushrooms.

I got on there mail list (So i would not loose them)

Also ask about the shelf life of the MycoGrow™ Soluble--1 lb

You probably already know, just in case I will post it ASAP

Got an email back from "fungi.com"

When you're using MycoGrow, you're not necessarily calculating the amount of soil. MycoGrow contains spores of mycorrhizal fungi which you use to inoculate plant roots. So you're calculating the amount you need per plant. So if you're only using it for one plant, you'd need 1/2 teaspoon sprinkled into the dirt or mixed in water. And it's not a living product, but it does have a shelf life like other gardening supplies. It expires in 4/2014, and decreases in viability at a rate of 10% annually.

wow this is interesting this might be just what i need because i went to the local garden store in the neiborhood and told them about my root problems but the one lady who i useally deal with wont be back till spring and i no i am learning from you guys because i had to teach him about what i was talking about he had only one product which is a good thing to use but i wanted something that will put the right benificial microbs in my pots.to aid there health, im at the point now where it is becomeing an obsision about the things i want for my babys. boy this thing sure got a hold on me all i want to do is make my plants as happy as they can be. so with that thanks for more knowledge,every day i learn something new ,i had no idea a mushroom could put life back into my root system and hopefully i will get nice white roots they are already comeing out the sides of the dwc netpots im useing in 5 days since i used the new stuff i bought they are begining to look a lot healtyer and are shooting up toward the hps 600 watt light and i use a 400 watt cfl underneth the plants to get more light under the canopy oh what a diferance,i got to put up pictures soon but i am so busy doing everything eles in life i just dont have the time right now i will post pictures right before i harvest which i am getting close to. PEACE EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Hi QUICKMARK

I agree totaly:

One other item is Chlorine, it is bad for Mycorrhizae, If you let your water sit for 24 hrs that gets rid of chlorine.

Hey!! sounds interesting your 400 watt cfl under the plants. that is a lot 400w?

What kind and does it really help?

Great friends on this site