Liberty Haze grow

turksteelman

yeah i don't know much anout liberty haze we haven't seen much grow around here. But i Think 10 girls for a 1000w is fine it won't be overloaded if the liberty has more sativa tendancies maybe you should veg her for not too long, something like 20 days of veg and then flower, that's what i would do myself ;)

Good luck man hopefully someone that has grown it will pass ;)

Hi,

I don't see any serious problems. Plant is so small to panic about it. Just grow. Is nice and green.

Hydro with hand pour in soilmix :P

U have a nice grow man...and nice light reflector :P

Peace

• Like 1

seeing how symetrical it was, it might be a wound she had when she was born already in the seed no?

But like Pi2 if it sticks on those 2 leaves don't worry too much for the moment i think, if it starts to spread then yeah ^^

Looks nice beside that ;)

I figured I needed to move this thread out of the Infirmary to the regular forum here so I can log the Liberty Haze grow. The Liberty Haze seems to be coming along fine. I am still quite surprised at how much water the Sunshine #4 mix holds. I've only watered 3 times since Jan 1! The question I have is this.. If the sunshine holds so much water, how am I going to ensure that the plants are getting enough food during flower? It may be a week between when they are wet and when I need to water again. I would assume that this type of operation can be called hydro but it doesn't seem to be much different using the sushine #4 or regular old fox farms ocean forrest. Because it is a hand pour hydro, do I still need to have more frequent waterings than soil just to get some food to the plants? They do seem to be having a growth spurt. What is the soonest I can put these into flower. Can I do it when they hit their 5th node? Concerned as the concensus online is that they take up to 105 days in flower and the heat is a concern in the desert.

post-19859-0-98486800-1358752696.jpg

• Like 2

i moved your thread to the grow journal for all medium part ;)

thanks for the news man good to hear the girls are doing good!

YEs you can switch now in 12/12 even if you want if they really are that long thye will not mind, but did you make sure it was same phenotypes as yours that were so long?

For the water how much do you give them when you water?

damn, are you putting this amount for a particular reason? otherwie i would advice you to give a lot less no wonder why you think they take time to dry up ^^

What size are those pots? between 6 and 11 it seems something like that? anyway you should give more or less 1L per girls, even less if you to control more precisly your ec you can do miniwatering several times a day to creat a real hydro like condition, i think greeno was doing something like this a little in his coco watering twice a day small amounts and it worrked great.

Have a good day!

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice on the watering. I will take your suggestions and use 1 liter of water. I am not at all familiar with a soil less growing medium and thought that because it was hydro, a little runoff each watering was in line. I must have been incorrect. Anyway, I now have a more serious problem. I thought I could control the temps in my growroom with the setup as follows: Upright canister filter, thru light and into the fan and out. This worked well with the 400W MH and I could keep temps well under 80 but today I put my 1000w HPS bulb in and my temps soared to 89F! This was terrible. I had to put the MH back in and now am trying to figure a way out how to cool this room. Our outside ambient is around 72F in the day and I can't keep it under 80F which will make it impossible to flower when it starts hitting 100F outside in March and I most likely will need to flower thru a good part of April. Any suggesions on cooling out there? I was thinking about putting a split system A/C in or a stand alone A/C in the room. Looks like this grow is a learning experience on many fronts.

post-19859-0-19231900-1358844967.jpg

post-19859-0-46399600-1358844974.jpg

well if you have enough fresh air coming in it should be enough to work the temps.

One little advice for your setup try to make a little less 90° break with your tubes, it slows the air so maybe you could gain a few °.. but i guess when it's higher it doesn't break that much?

Id your carbon filter for a 435cfm too?

Yep, the filter is a match. Looking at portable a/c units to see if its an option. Thanks for you inputs into my grow. I obviously need some help on this one. If I have the door closed and go in front of the door vent, I can drop a piece of paper on the vent and it will stick to it so I know I am getting airflow in.

yeah but with big amount of airs like this it is always preferable to have an intractor as well even with a good airflow in you think it equals the 435cfm out? asking it's your room ^^

AC would be solution too be careful that the fresh air doesn't blow directly on girls if it's really fresher ;)

Good luck!

Well, I got tired of fighting the heat in the desert southwest so I went out and bought an Ideal Air 12,000BTU Portable A/C with humidifier. This should enable me to do what I want even in the summer! I also put the 1000W HPS bulb back in and I also cut off the main cola. Will go into flower tomorrow. Busy day. :mole:

post-19859-0-38000700-1358927749.jpg

• Like 1

Super !

try the 1KW lamp at least 2ft-3ft away from plants(60-90cm). Blow the aircondition an let's as know how ur temps. As u mention u have a airflow in the doors...yes? when u start to flowering period how u gonna deal with the light leaks?

check u ran off(when it drops to EC=0.9 then start to feed). The girls getting bigger ! Nice!

HPS Light Distance Chart

you could try to put some kind of foam in front of your air opening to stop the light i use to have carbon foam they use in kitchen in front of mine, guess it could help maybe ^^

Good to hear for the AC should solve your problem and even humidity so it's all good ^^

like Pi2 said don't forget to keep it far away from the plant even if temps are not high they could burn if too close

Have a good grow man keep us updated