Liberty Haze grow

turksteelman

I have fed the plants very light 3 times since seed. Just put them into flower yesterday. The FoxFarm hydro schedule says to flush every 2 weeks until harvest. Is this more of a "real" type hydro thing to do? I'm thinking flushing every 2 weeks for a soil less medium is excessive. With that being said, and like mentioned they haven't been heavily fed, when would be a good time to flush, after 1 month in flower? I started them on .25 tsp of Open Sesame and .75 tsp of Tiger Bloom tonight without adding the other 3 Fox Farms nutrients as I hit them earlier in the week with those. I wanted to hit them with the Open Sesame and Tiger Bloom to kick off my Flowering time. They are looking good.

Also, how are most of you taking pics under HPS? I don't want to post yellow pictures all the time. Thanks for all the help! :biggrin:

post-19859-0-30324100-1359523937.jpg

post-19859-0-35392400-1359523948.jpg

Hey man looking nice :)

Yes for the flush i think it advised for the grower to flush every 2 week to keep things clean and plants happy, but could be mistaking hydro growers will pass by anyway ^^ And yes in soil it would excessive specially suring the veg time, more viable for the flowering time.

For your first flush in flow i would do it around week 3 of flow, there you should already have some little nuggets formed and stretch should start to come down then another 2 3 week later and one befoe harvesting. that's how i do ;)

And for the pics, looks in your camera menu, you should have a White Balance option somewhere to settle your colors, you wil need a white piece of paper or anything white and go in your room with it. but depends on camera might be diferent for tothers don't know ^^

Have a good grow man

Hi my friend,

It has been mentioned that 25 liter pots would be better, and I agree. You are right not to disturb the roots until you absolutely have to. Dust is right, your plants need blue light right into the flowering period.

In fact, unless you have a problem with heat, then instead of just the 1000 watt HPS, also have you 400 watt halide. The is not only give your plants more blue light(which the plants need right through flowering) but will give you extra grow space - approximately 1 square meter.

As you have flowered at 20 days veg, I do not think your plants will become too big, for a 1000 watt light, especially if you add the 400 watt halide.

My Liberty Haze has come up - out of 5 seeds, 3 germinated and popped up their heads to see the world.

I am also growing Pineapple Chunk. I have not grown Liberty haze before.

As soon as the plants have become a little larger I will post in this section, so you can keep track.

Give me another week and it will be up.

In the top picture you plants look to be suffering from a slight magnesium deficiency. Watch the grow tips and if they look whitish or a pale green, then supplement your nutrient with Epson salts, at about 1 teaspoon per 4 to 5 liters.

With flushing you will probably be fine if you leave it longer to flush then they recommend; it does depend on environmental conditions. When you do flush however, measure the Ec of the drain water to make sure that it is under an Ec of 1.

take care and happy growing

john

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for all the input into my grow. So basically I put them in flower after 28 days from seed. Unfortunately I am running an adjustable ballast and I only have one light fixture. I first use the MH and then put in the 1000whps at flower. Adding another hood for the 400 MH may be something I do this weekend. Its so hard to downsize the crop when you can always buy more lights and now that I have the A/C unit in the temps should be manageable. I just need to find another 20Amp outlet. You mentioned a mag def. I have been putting in 5-10cc of Cal/Mag with each gallon. I will go pick up some epson salt and do as you recommend. If I put the 10 Liberty Haze in 25 liter pots I don't know if I will have enough light coverage but this can be taken care of by adding the other 400WMH. Thanks for helping. Here are some of the latest pics. Can't wait to start seeing those buds.

post-19859-0-51292700-1359731345.jpg

post-19859-0-13485000-1359731356.jpg

post-19859-0-88450200-1359731363.jpg

• Like 2

hi mate,

As you are aware of the magnesium deficiency, forget about the Epson salts and stick with the Calcium/Magnesium additive as it is more balanced.

You are welcome for the help and we are growing the same strain, so it will be interesting.

When I post you will see the pots I use during veg. They are square, with a smaller(18 liter) pot fitting inside a larger pot that has no drain holes.

Your plants are looking great;

I will check back soon.

take care,

john

• Like 1

I can see that I will definitely have to repot as everyone has been mentioning. I will do it sometime in flower. I fed the ladies today and also checked the runoff. PH was 5.4 and the PPM was around 550. Fed them about 950-1000 PPM of the foxfarms regiment plus the open sesame. Will keep everyone posted on future developments. Here are some pics from today. I had to seperate them because they were cramped. I can see how evern in closet with 8 ft ceilings that running out of head space is a real reality!

post-19859-0-98786700-1359882172.jpg

post-19859-0-01285200-1359882182.jpg

post-19859-0-45156100-1359882187.jpg

• Like 1

They seem to be getting taller everyday which isn't a good thing. They are now 28"inches tall. I've cropped the top off a few weeks ago, would there be any problem with doing it again to keep the size down? Also, how far down can I go? Would this lessen the harvest? This is the end of the first week of flower.

post-19859-0-95514200-1360055266.jpg

• Like 1

i haven't grown her and never saw it grown neither yet, so don't know how far stretch can go. It's still a haze so it has the possibility to be a pretty big girl even with thos wide indica leaves it seems.. I think you should just let them do if you have topped them already, you can supercrop if one is really too big to catch up with canopy. but otherwise you should adjust the height with something under the pots to put everything on same height :)

Good luck man everything looks fine :)

The large leaf is curled under because of a lack of oxygen at the root level. Perhaps your medium has become compacted, and you could try manipulating the pot so that the medium is loosened. As it is only just that one plant, I would not worry about it too much.

My Liberty Haze are about one week old now and I will post today.

I have not grown liberty haze before but I have grown a similar strain from Barney's called Pineapple Crunch. It stretched to about 3 times its veg size.

You have a 1000 watt light, rather than tipping at the top of the plant which will stress them and set them back quite a bit, what I do is I prune the bottom branches. This has a number of advantages. The bottom branches are not as important to the plant, so if you do this slowly, it does not stress the plant too much; the pruned branches supplies a taste of what is to come; it allows greater air flow around the base of the plant; it forces the growth to go into the top of the plant where all the light is. I prune the bottom 2 feet or so, and that way a six foot plant has around the top 4 feet of growth which is fine for a 1000 watt light. Also this pruning is better done over a period of weeks, so that once your plants have reached week 3, and will not stretch much after that, you can adjust your growing height to 4 feet by pruning, but do not do this all at once, but over a week or two of growth.

all the best,

john

• Like 1

The current pots are 3 gallon. I just purchased 7 gallon pots that should be here tomorrow. With them stretching so tall, and the fact that I will have 10 of them under a 1000Whps in 7 gallon pots, I am concerned that this may be too many. Aside from trimming the bottoms over a period of a few weeks as John suggested, is there concensus that I thin out the herd? Perhaps give a few of them away so I can make more room for the 7 of them or should I keep them all and just rotate them like mad?

ok they should like the newpots too then ;)

Bout the 10 girls, for 1000w doesn't sound some big, i have done sometimes 9 girls under 400wso i guess Your 1000w should handle ^^ but it depends the size of the girls in the end indeed, only you will see that when time will come ^^ in worst case you put a few aside when you'll see there is really no room and give them away at that time ^^

Good luck man ;)

• Like 1

hi my friend,

It is quite a question whether one should grow less but grow them bigger. Myself I grow usually around 6 plants using up to 3,200 watts of lighting.

Where I live the law is strict about numbers, so that 4 or less is personal and above 4 becomes more serious, so I attempt to keep my numbers down.

The way I grow is not as efficient as growing more plants, but growing them smaller. Ideally, no light should hit the floor. Here is an old grow of mine which will give you some idea of how the Liberty haze will grow out. These plants are Pineapple Chunk, but their growth pattern is very similar to liberty haze. You will notice the pruning at the bottom of the plants. My grow space is around 8 feet by 5 feet:

With a 1000 watt light your expected yield will be around 1 pound, as light is the limiting factor with indoor gardens:

here is an example of a Haze 1 I grow, using bending techniques so that it spread out to about 4 feet by 4 feet:

http://www.growhd.tv/video/Arjan%2526%2523039%253Bs-haze-1/f3fa1c3c7578afea5b076007bf7107ab

It really is a matter of personal choice if you decide to have less plants but train them to spread out.

I hope this has helped you to make a decision. Personally I do not think 10 plants will be too many. It is true that some plants will not get as much light as others, but these plants will still yield something, so I would attempt to keep them all and see how it all goes.

all the best,

john

• Like 2

Today or tomorrow I am going to replant my 10 females from a 3 gal to a 7 gal. I would like if possible to take advantage of the opportunity to even out my canopy by perhaps placing the taller plants deeper into the new pot. This should give me a better canopy. I am using sunshine #4 and not sure if it matters with a hand watered hydro setup. Do you guys see any drawback in doing this to some of the taller plants? They are a little over 1 wk in flower.

Also, I have not flushed yet as they haven't really been fed alot until recently. Should I also do the flush before I repot them so they be happy in their new home? I don't want to stress them too bad so thought I had better check. And finally, I noticed some folks put the clay pellets at the bottom of their pots before they add their medium. This would help with the drainage. Whats anyone experience with that? Lots of questions:: Sorry guys

Thanks