Liberty Haze grow

turksteelman

Well I finally put these girls in new homes. Went from 3 gallon to 7 gallon pots. Put about 2" of large vermiculite in the bottom of the pots before I added the Sunshine Advanced #4. I think they should like it. They all seem to be doing well. I will post more picks when something exciting happens.

post-19859-0-76388400-1360578670.jpg

post-19859-0-74786300-1360578679.jpg

• Like 1

Ouch! Thanks for the trimming advice. This has been quite a learning experience. My concern now is I only have about 1 more foot to raise the lighting. Hopefully they will quit stretching and spend all their time flowering! :slow: In the future, all I am going to tackle are the Indicas. Even at 50/50 Indica/Sativa they are an unruly crowd of chics!

I vegged them about 4 weeks. I will have to look up supercropping techniques. Also, is it feasible to put a light mover in because I only have one 1000whps over 10 plants? it would only have the ability to travel only about 3 ft. Has anyone had success in this type of small grow with a light mover?

Guys, the weirdest thing has been happening.... in the past my grows have been soil and indicas. This 50/50 sativa/indica mix is growing much larger than I have experienced in the past. Because of this I have limited space to get in there and turn them 1/4 to 1/2 turn each day without brushing up all over them. Now this is the weird part, my arms itch like crazy afterwards and if I scratch them it leaves big welts. I must be allergic to my girls. Never had this happen before this grow but then again like I mentioned, I always had controlled short plants on a table in the past and its been about 3 years since last grow. Does this happen to anyone else? Here is a pic from today. They seem to be coming along just fine.

post-19859-0-90859900-1361025121.jpg

• Like 1

Guys, the weirdest thing has been happening.... in the past my grows have been soil and indicas. This 50/50 sativa/indica mix is growing much larger than I have experienced in the past. Because of this I have limited space to get in there and turn them 1/4 to 1/2 turn each day without brushing up all over them. Now this is the weird part, my arms itch like crazy afterwards and if I scratch them it leaves big welts. I must be allergic to my girls. Never had this happen before this grow but then again like I mentioned, I always had controlled short plants on a table in the past and its been about 3 years since last grow. Does this happen to anyone else? Here is a pic from today. They seem to be coming along just fine.

You may just be allergic to your girls. I've had similar things happen. Like in late flowering, when I go into my room, my nose stuffs up and I sneeze. So I'm also allergic to them to a point.

In your case, if your thick into them, the leaves may cut you like a corn leaf will. Just my opinion though :)

I vegged them about 4 weeks. I will have to look up supercropping techniques. Also, is it feasible to put a light mover in because I only have one 1000whps over 10 plants? it would only have the ability to travel only about 3 ft. Has anyone had success in this type of small grow with a light mover?

Thanks for your reply. 4 weeks is about right. Super Cropping simply consists of bending the tops till they sorta brake... This creates a knot and forces the branch to grow horizontally.. But by adding a few clips to the fan leaves, that will help train her to stay horizontal...

Hi my friend,

Your plants are looking great. You will be interested to know that I have two phenotypes. One is more indica dominant, and it has the same curled leaf that your plant had. In will upload soon so you can see.

Hi Tokage,

I prune from week 3 of flowering, and as long as it is done slowly, then I have not noticed any reduction in yield. The bottom branches are less important to the plant, and once pruned that growth energy does into the top of the plant.

I noticed that Franco, in the grow videos prunes the bottom branches in week 2 to 3 of flowering.

If you prune the top branches during this time, as these are far more important to the plant, then this does stress the plant, and set it back, but because the lower branches are of less significance to the plant, it does not stress the plant as much.

Pruning should always be done with care, and slowly, but I usually prune the bottom branches(generally the lower 2 feet of the plant) between the 3rd and 5th week of flowering. I do not prune these lower branches during weeks one to 3 of flowering, as this is when the plant stretches the most during flowering; by week 3, the major stretch has happened, and it is in this week that I start to prune.

The reason for this is that the plant has undergone its main streach, and will not get much higher, so I can see what needs to be taken from the bottom of the plant. The idea here is to have most of the growth in the top 4 feet of a 6 foot plant, where all the light is.

Once the plant reaches its peak of bloom, at around week 5, then all the bottom branches have been taken.

After week 5, most plants put on weight and girth.

that is my experience with pruning, my friend.

If I could grow as many plants as you can legally, then I would probably grow around 10 which would be much more efficient way of doing things given my space(8 by 5 feet) and the wattage I use - around 3,200 watts. Though I would up my wattage to around 3,600 to 4000 watts, if I was to grow that many plants.

take care, my friend,

john

• Like 1

Its funny, I still have that curling leaf thing still going on. Its just on the bottom leafs of one plant and the rest of the plant is healthy. So I am going into my 4th week of flower now. I guess now would be a good time to start the trimming so I can be finished by week 5. Thanks for the tips!

hey Tokage and turksteelman

You are right my friend; I do not prune until after the main stretch is over.

Also I do not take the large lower branches, but take off them all the smaller branches, that will not receive very much light, which does not stress the plant as much.

Here in this video my plants are 3 days from harvest, and especially in the first minute or so, you can see how I have pruned the plants, which are over 2 meters tall, to have a growing height at the top of the plant of around 4 feet.

take care, mate

john

• Like 2

I fed the ladies today and trimmed some of the lower parts. There were some lower branches that were budding but never would reach any more light because of the crowd so I trimmed them off. Then I come in and read John's post above and could kick myself. I don't feel so bad about it even though it might stress them out, I'm hoping not but its a lesson I can live with. Have learned lots of stuff for you folks and I appreciate it. All seems to be going well. Here are a couple pics. I've got a jungle on my hands!

post-19859-0-02682000-1361177826.jpg

post-19859-0-52348800-1361177832.jpg

post-19859-0-94785300-1361177840.jpg

• Like 4