My New Flow Grow 500

THE HANDYMAN

Nice to see the Flo Gro 500. I'll be very interested in seeing how it performs as I have been considering the Flo Gro 510 which has double the capacity.

I have also considered using the Flo Gro system with air pots buy sinking the airpot into the clay pebbles and reducing the size of the drip ring so it will fit the inside of the air pot.

I found it a bit difficult to hear what you were saying towards the end of the video as the music drowned you out.

@ Dust the Flo Gro 500 is around £45 - £50 , the Flo Gro 510 is £80 - £90 & the Flo Gro 520 £80 - £90 (These prices are only a guide, look around the interweb and you could find better prices as well as prices well over the ones i have posted)

Flo Gro 500 Dimensions are 550mm x 440mm x 280mm Tank volume: 17 litres

Flo Gro 510 Dimensions are 1035mm x 530mm x 220mm - Tank volume: 47 litres

Flo Gro 520 Dimensions are 750mm x 750mm x 293mm. Tank volume: 50 litres

Have a great grow Handyman, I'll be sure to follow your journal ;)

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

i only paid £35 mate!!

ebay!! lol

id not use the air potz with this as it wouldnt be deep enough for it even the biggest one isnt,wouls only go half way up pot iv used aie potz for a while now and thaught the same but to big mate,,try doint it inside a 20-25ltr bucket with pump in bottom,i done that and it worked VERY WELL INDEED,if i can find them il send u pics of it

Great price, I was ball parking the price and having a good look around interweb is surely the way to go to get a good deal ;) Grats on the good price.

The idea is not to completely submerge the air pot in clay pebbles, but to have the lowest part in the ebb and flow and have the top part drip so to allow that part to air prune.

Doing this will as i mentioned air prune the top and in the bottom part where the grid at the bottom is allow some roots to find their way in to the res, through the small holes in the bottom, these roots would be growing into the aerated nutrients, creating a hybrid drip, flood, dwc kind of thing.

It's just a thought and would be fun finding out, I like to try new ideas, if it doesn't work then i'd chalk it up to experience.

Having said that I really like the sound of the bucket and air pot set up and would be great if you could post the pics.

Looking forwards to seeing your Flo Gro in action and any other air pot grow ideas. :)

Peace bro

Lams

to be honest mate as long as you used dripper as you said i think it would work very well,tho id use a 50/50 mix of grodan 1cm cubes with clay pebbles in pot and lava rock if you can get the good stuff,the thicker stuf,or just hydroton with no grodan,at least if anything goes wrong the grodan will give you a little buffer,iv found it to work very well in air potx it was gold label pre mixed 50/50 i used and then added some more grodan cubes,but im only useing that just now as i had it i think im gonna use with just hydroton and no grodan and see how i get on with that,infact il go for the lava rock ,the large black stuff ,cant remember the name,but il use up the mix first.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i have had the system for around a month now i think,

and i have to say its doing what its mean too and its also very easy to use,

i think next grow i will set it up the other way so the drip ring is under the pebbles,

ps if you want to see this in action please go over to my sleestack x skunk grow and you will see her goin

http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/topic/6076-handymansleestack-x-skunk/

cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

so we are coming up to the last week of this grow now with the sleestack x skunk from dna.

and i have to say it performed well,

it was so easy to use,

i just topped up the nutes when needed and cleaned it twice throo the grow,

no blocks in the drip tube or pump ,NOTHING.

tho iv never hed a system like this,well a bought one anyway,lol.

so im not the best to judge,

the only thing i will say is that i was expecting it to produce a taller plant but i think that is more to do with the strain and the size of my tent,not the flow grow!!

tho we will see in a few weeks as i will be upgradeing to LED and should be able to get a little more height as the light will go right to the top of tent where as now its all so big its about 30cm down to where light is and its only a 1.6m tent,lol.with a 600w in ,lol. and then also u have the hieght of the system its self,tho its as low as il ever get really,

anyway on another note i am thinking about the same kind of thing on the other side of the tent now,but id like to go for a small table style one so i can use single pots and there for be able to have a few small ones,if anyone can suggest any tank and table combos that are a 65x65cm ones to fit that space,basically i need one to fit the space left over which is around 65x60 ish.lol

• Like 1