SCROG

Big'G'

hmm well would be too long to say it all again lolol, did you search on the fourm ?? we have maaaany threads talking about SCROG and many SCROG growers around here, for me bozoph beeing the scrog master of the forum for the moment ;) ;)

Basically it' a girl under a net or many girls under a net, and the main goal it to grow a very uniform canopy and have same bud production on almost every branches

Good luck man the SCROG passionate might tell you more about it, think the best book about it is the "West coast Master" or something like that i know there is west coast in the title lolol ;)

cheers

haha well it's not so much a pin question, but as i am not the best of SCROG growers i prefer not to say too much so i don't say mistakes lolol when i know we have so many scrog lover on forum ;)

But you'll see it's very easy to find infos on scrog, on here or on google ^^

The acronym ScrOG means Screen OF Green

The book Dust refers to is "The Secrets of The West Coast Masters" you can view most of the book as well as purchase it here - http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=OVHtm-Wsei0C&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

Here is an article copied and pasted from http://www.sanniesshop.com/scrog-growing.html

Scrog Growing

Scrog - An effective method to grow big plants in a small space.

Scrog = Screen of Green

When a grower has limited space to grow, certain larger strains may seem prohibitive due to their size. By using the Scrog technique to make optimal use of your grow room, these once prohibitive strains can be grown with ease. Besides this, you can also predict what the height of your crop is going to be. This makes a grow much more predictable and you can use almost every strain that is for sale in Sannie's Shop. Sativa's or sativa dominant hybrid's can grow big and in limited space, they may out grow the area in both overall stature and height. This also presents the problem of inadequate light penetration, a problem Scroging fixes easily. With the Scrog technique outlined below, we will show you how to bend all the buds on to one screen so that light can penetrate the whole crop.

I will show you step by step how to make full use of your Scrog.

The following plants are at the end of their grow period (18/6 light) and at this moment we have enough plant growth to switch the clock to 12/12 so we can start flowering. Notice we start the screen just above the canopy right at the end of the grow cycle. We can do this because this sativa will grow for another 3-4 weeks after switching the clock. It is typical for most plants to go through a stretching period after the light cycle change, usually 2-4 weeks depending on the strain. As you can see the first shoots are coming thru the screen and its time to bend these shoots on to the screen. Note, you can use allot of different material for the screen, chicken wire, trellis netting, mesh fencing, mason twine, pretty much any material with a 2" x 2" to 6" x 6" hole pattern works well.

scrog-1.jpgscrog-2.jpg

You need some type of material to hold the bent shoots on the screen. We are using the follow clips to bend them but tie straps, zip ties, velcro straps even twine all work well:

scrog-3.jpgscrog-4.jpg

As you can see in the photo's, every shoot that passes through the screen is bound to the screen with the clips to be sure we get a nice and flat screen of buds...

scrog-5.jpgscrog-6.jpg

As long as the plant keeps stretching, you need to bind the shoots on to the screen. Remember, the length of time a strain stretches is dependant on the strain. The idea is to create a nice even canopy. Here they are in the beginning of there flowering period:

scrog-7.jpgscrog-8.jpg

Now that the plant has stopped growing, she can put all her energy into making flowers and has ample light where she needs it

scrog-9.jpgscrog-10.jpg

The plants are near the end of there flowering cycle and almost ready for harvest. As you can see, there's a screen full of buds. This method is easier to control compared to plants grown utilizing the SOG (sea of green) method in limited space. You will maximize the use and effectiveness of your lighting equipment and increase your harvest when using the Scrog method.

scrog-11.jpgscrog-12.jpg

It is easy to make a Scrog and and even easier to use once you have it set-up. Most people find this method easier than a standard set up or SOG method because of the canopy and height control inherent to this method. Give it a try, we're sure you will love your new Scrog!

Peace

Lams

• Like 2

Hi Big'G' I see you been around a week or so. Hope you settled in and enjoying Strain Hunters forums.

Also let me say Welcome to you :D

Any questions you have somebody is sure to answer and give you the help you need.

Growing scrog is a nice way to grow and there are many members that have.

It is a wonderful sight to see that carpet of buds and is very useful when growing with CFL or if you have height restrictions.

I like a 2" (5cm) square hole screen, some people like bigger holes, I actually use plastic trellis, other people use metal screens or even make their own by making a frame the size of the space they grow in and make a a grid using screws ans poly twine.

Have a look round the indoor grow section in forums or just google scrog , there will be plenty to see.

It is also worth having a look at "the secrets of the west coast masters in the link i gave you" it is a nice technique, the book in the link has a few pages missing as it is for looking at before purchase , but it is still a nice read.

peace

Lams

Marvellous aint it, just come on to the forum for some advice on SCROG and voila!! there it is. Just one question though, anybody grew Jack Herer, Super Silver Haze or Pure Kush under SCROG? Those are the seeds just had come from GHS and seems SCROG is the way to go for me and my available space. Any advice grateful as i am a newbie. Or can anybody recommend indicas suitable for SCROG?

Thanks Lams everyone has been very welcoming.

Ive got 4 super silver haze from ghsc that are currently seedlings. I grew this before in the same aero set up with very decent results (it was a rather loveless grow). So I'm excited to be giving it another go with lots of tlc.

• Like 1

I'd like to see your scrogs adeyren's and kangeroojack1's , thats for sure ;)

Big G why is it no possible to do scrog? Your grow too big/ too small?

Let us know why you think it is not possible, there may be ways around what think is a obstacle , to you scrogging.

As toke said you can get some impressive yeilds if you put a bit of time and effort in. It can be easy and straight forward or more time consuming yet more bountiful, it is up to the individual grower.

I have provided two links, one is a grow I'd did in small cupboard, nice and stealthy, the second is a grow by Bozoph showing his scrog technique based on the book "the secrets of west coast masters".

Finally a quote I got from from Tokage about scrog - "its just that more fun". - That always made me smile and it's true too! :D

http://www.strainhun...critical-autos/

http://www.strainhun...aining-regimen/

Have fun and show us your SCROGS :D

Peace brothers

Lams

Okay. So having done a little more research on the

matter I have decided to give scrog a go. Lets face it my brothers & sisters, how can I go wrong with all the support and help you'll give. It gives me the confidence to give it a go knowing you'll keep me right and I wont loose a crop due to not knowing what to do.

• 4 months later...