Run off EC levels and PH Level

Pi2

Hi Hunters!

I wake up this morning to feed my plants just around 6 am. Today is a 2nd week of flowering period of my SLH from GHSC.

Plants looking "not so bad". One small one big green and happy.

I was worried about salt build up in soil/medium(Peat free/perlit mix compost). I'm feeding my plants evry few(4 or 5 days) EC=1.5 ~ 1.7 (tap water 0.3).

I grabbed the Ph and EC meter an check my RUN OFF from bottom of pot.

My results :

PH=6.1

EC=0.9

Wow after 4 weeks growing EC level is LESS than I feed my plants. So no salt build up yet. (if EC level will be bigger EC=2.0 or 2.5) than I've a problem.

What do you think? I'm right? Feed them more (higher level of EC 1.8-2.0)? How is your level of RUN OFF?

Let's chat Hunters!

yes it's all good for you man it means the girls are eating what you are giving them no worries to have :D

If some of your girls looks like they could take more, slowly increase your amount of nutes if you wanna keep safe stay on same level :)

Good luck man

reading run off ppm to see what way to go with food or water needs is as you said..

you want a couple hundred less ppm or ec for run off as you last fed with. youll want ph to remain pretty close to whats used for waters and feeds as well. if ec is higher than food is building and might also see drop in ph. if food needs could be increased then ec will be fair bit lower tha last feed and ph mght rise. and this ph also may show an efect dependig o wha ellements the plant has taken from the medium and what ones it may have left to move ph p or down but most cases works as posted. your good to be about 200ppm lower than last feeds to be on track

Thanks Hunters!

I use feminised seed so I don't like to flush my soil mix and I don't want to stress my plants(they have tendency to grow balls). I'll try to test ONE plant only and push it to EC=1.8

Keep growing!

Peace!

• Like 1

fem doesnt always mean they hermie., doing it wrong or week unstable genetics causes them to hermie. most dont make them properly is why that happens. fem seeds should be no different than any other if the genetics were meant to pair up, or done proper

• 2 weeks later...

most dont pollenate an untouched mother plant and just let the pollen fall on itself to polenate the stressed mother plant. this makes way higher rates of hermie being the mom is unstable. take the hermied pollen and put to an untouched un hermied cut of same is the proper way but is more work so most alot do it the lazzy way

How long did you veg for? That makes a big difference,,,, big plants have more food requirements..... More than a 4 week veg I've expereiced my plants need alot more than it says on the label! My E.C gets as high as 3.0 after all the additives and stuff... And still has a run off of 2.0 or less...

Thanks Hunters!

I use feminised seed so I don't like to flush my soil mix and I don't want to stress my plants(they have tendency to grow balls). I'll try to test ONE plant only and push it to EC=1.8

Keep growing!

Peace!

Aloha Pi2, Growing Northern Lights strains I seldom ever used an EC over 1.8. At a lower level the plant is able to take more H2O and nutrients. A good growth rate from a 20 cm veg would be a jump up to 150 cm plus. There is a reason why Franco and Arjan have a target EC of 1.4 using the Powderfeeding Formulas.
  • Like 1

dood theres no way any plant with any veg time needs 3ec. thats almost double what should be using, 1 month or 6 month veg the need needs would be the same ec. just needs more gallons of it to fully wet the medium.

running 3 ec isnt to do with flush for what i meant. no plant needs that much salt so its just a waste. and ive yet to sere a plant eat 1000ppm in 1 feeding . i think your pen is messed up maybe. to me foliar feeding is bad to do anytime. more negative than bennefits to it, and if the plant wasnt deff in the first place it wont take it in by foliar anyways so it isnt doing anything

ive yet to see a plant need more than 1200 to 1400 ppm. so about 2 to 2.5ec..and 2.5 being real hot mix.

to me foliar feeding is bad to do anytime. more negative than bennefits to it, and if the plant wasnt deff in the first place it wont take it in by foliar anyways so it isnt doing anything

I think I'd have to disagree with you on this subject... Foliar feeding is a necessity, especially when a deficiency shows up. Normally when a deficiency appears, there's a problem with your Ph. So the only way to save the plants from getting worse, is by foliar feeding with the correct Ph and only use about 1/8 strength in the nutes...

And the plant will uptake a properly Ph-ed foliar feed... I'm guessing you've never tried it like that before. Otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment :)

Aloha FVK, I agree 100% with a higher EC it is more of a problem to flush properly at the end of the cycle affecting the taste of the end product. I have also noticed improper foliar feeding can have negative effects on the taste.

disagree with you man... foliar feeding it is great in veg stage. When u start to flower then u must stop spray them. u right about taste in late flowering could be pure shit when u spray flowers.

About my Ec= 2.5 now and run off is just EC=0.9 I gonna try E=3.0 in week 6 and 7 of flower then drop to 1.3 on week 8 then just plain watering too the end.( last two weeks)

I'll show u a picture of plant what we chat about in few weeks time. It was spray once in veg. time/veg=10 days .Now is 35days flower.

foliar is no way a necessiuty. if a plant iusnt deff it wont take food from anywhere.. plants cant be force fed. all foliar will do if it isnt needed is clog stomata and risk pm. shouldnt have had a deff to begin with if it was fed right. ..ph is from over feeding, and can show exact same from under feeding...all deff or over fed medium shows the same

its over fed so no foliar isnt how to fix it..foliar wont fix ph dood. running water in tyhe medium will.not sure how foliar can fix ph in a medium as you say. 2 diff ends of the plant or grow

your guessing wrong bud.,ive worked or a nute co to know what im saying, and my bro has a degree in this. yes i used to foliar before i learned more working iun the field

you could grow without zinc or the other and wouldnt ever see it. youll never see trace deff before main ones. impossibe the way food works. youl always see the main foods before any others go deff.

the biggest thing the nute salesmen dont say is a proper filoar is washed off a day or so later to not clog the leaves, theyll tell you anything to use more food and make them more money as they know plants cant be overfed and will always blame the user if thins go wrong. the recipes they have on the bottles are also to hot most the time making s use more ad need to flush during a grow to waste more foods even.

yes there is a time a foliar can be a bennefit...if the plant is deff from lack of feeding it properly so the leaves uptake faster than roots do as their is no C.E.C. on leaves, n need for ph either. tats for roots only...C.E.C. again...but wipe them leaves down after anyone foliars. and if the medium was out then a foliar isnt fixing the issues. just putting a temporary bandaid on it. run water till ph is back if thats the case the half dose of food for the last part of the semi flush. i also dont agree on the typical 3 to 1 for an emergency flush...to me is to much water. i run water only till m ph ad ec come back in range

Aloha FVK, I have been an active grower for over 40 years. We learned long ago the people who think putting more-on is going to give them a higher quality product are often not the sharpest tacks on the shelf. The people who buy the product often paid the more-on crowd less because of harsh taste, funky smell, and black ash burn. The top growers find the balance between too little and too much and depending on the strain is usually between an EC of 1 to 1.8

1 ec??...thats only 500 ppm and is a clone feed to me. may be diff if your using organic it wont read as high til broken down. if i grew at 1ec my plants would be def for sure, and its not food that makes black ash or tixins.my tobacco has pure white paper and ash but we all knbow its full of poop...your black ash and doobs goig ot is carbon.wasnt dried and cured proper. you dont have food in buds , been converted long ago to starches and enzymes and carbs, foliar will also make black ash with al the sugar that is left to dry on the buds.

Aloha FVK, If you are running a high flow undercurrent system with a large nutrient solution capacity running an EC of .8 to 1.2 is not uncommon. With a high flow rate (20 to 30 nutrient changes per plant (per hour)) and large capacity (30 to 50 liters per plant) research has been showing lower EC means faster growth. It depends on the system with a drain to waste 1.8 EC is normal.

you just changed thew whole topic. this isnt hydro..dont have run off for hydro and no C.E.C, whole diff world. i wouldnt waste my money on hydro myself. anything extra is paid for with more cost for equipment. and it doesnt make anymore. just faster with no c.e.c. over here no large grows use hydro anymore. went out in the 80`s n 90`s usualy always soiless.

you just changed thew whole topic. this isnt hydro..dont have run off for hydro and no C.E.C, whole diff world. i wouldnt waste my money on hydro myself. anything extra is paid for with more cost for equipment. and it doesnt make anymore. just faster with no c.e.c. over here no large grows use hydro anymore. went out in the 80`s n 90`s usualy always soiless.

Aloha FVK, Do you consider this Undercurrent RDWC grow by Urban Remo a small operation by Canadian standards?

lol..no i call him a salesman for advanced so its all bought and paid for. ..thats called a promo or commecial, not to mention hes associated 3with the biggest fraud in the industry. thats why hes being shut down here and is running over there now to avoid the truth...and this guy works for them