Amsterdam for Valentines day

EllSkin

I am coming to 'dam with my girl friend this February for a couple of days from Valentines day till my birthday on the 17th, I am too excited as we only just booked it and I cant wait!

It will be my 4th time to 'dam and her first, and every other time I've been it's been with my boys to just get super baked and eat stroop waffles while giggling at stuff. While I imagine there will be a good measure of that on this trip as my lady smokes, I kinda wanna do some other stuff while baked especially on Valentines day. So, has anyone got any tips on fun stuff to do while a bit high in Amsterdam that also doesn't cost an arm and a leg? Any good local music venues where we could catch a random band would be awesome.

Elskin cool me and my Mates from over here are in Dam on that weekend too....ill celebrate B Day on the 15th :D would be nice t have another Hunter on Board....u and your Girlfriend are welcome we are Celebrating at the Greenhouse Lounge.....if u want to pass by Pm me or catch me in Chatroom.....Bless

Ninjah

hey man hope you'll have a nice trip ;)

I've heard the flower market was nice and flowers is a thing most girls enjoy watching ^^ For the musice venue i don't know sorry i know there is the melkwerg were the cannabiscup show were going, check there you might find some nice bands, and i'm sure there are many bars with a scene inside, i went i a rock one with one was nice but won't remember the name lol sorry

Best of luck man have a good time with the girl!! :)

Best Dance Clubs in Dam are Melkweeg and Paradiso but theres a lot of other Clubs and Music Arenas like the Heineken Music Hall and so on...... if someone is under the week there i Recommend to visit Cheeckey Mondays...if u like Dnb :D Several Uk Artists over there often.........

• Like 1

The Water Hole looks awesome guys thanks, might even try n get my band a show there in the summer, seems they're up for a bit of noise :)

I know about the melkweg but it seems for more mainstream well known names with ticket prices to match, Id rather watch a bunch of randoms for cheap than actually pay attention :P

Had read about the flower market, sounds good we're both quite keen photographers so it could be a nice spot, especially if the snow keeps up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last waterhole is the last eal free spirited old school places left smakc dab in the red light. If you like Reggae the Easy times coffeshop plays a nice variety of it and is big with a good atmosphere , a coffeshop and bar. Barney's pfers Live DJ's every weekend In the harbor there are some good Dance clubs for electronic usic. Then there re museums the Vondelpark for a nice wak and smoke if the weather allows, Saarphati park - same but more relaxed..Albert Cuyp market is interesting to attend plus the never to miss Red Light, China Town etc from Zeedijk to Nieuw Market and from there to the Blue Bord or the flea arket.

Take a boat ride to the Ij for free behind the station. Lots of activities possible . best is to get lost in the streets imo...lol